• Purple/White Scrimmage

#77075  by apaladin
 Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:36 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:15 pm
Guessing Hien and Williams will be out but everyone else good to go....................
Why do you think Hien and Williams are out? I saw Hien at the fb game Saturday and he looked fine.
 #77078  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:01 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:36 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:15 pm
Guessing Hien and Williams will be out but everyone else good to go....................
Why do you think Hien and Williams are out? I saw Hien at the fb game Saturday and he looked fine.
Just that they might still be held out from scrimmage, maybe they will play, no idea if they are 100% or not....................
 #77103  by FUBF24
 Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:03 pm
Some takeaways from the game:

- Nice comeback by the purple team, both teams looked fired up especially at the end of the game. I know it's just a scrimmage but it's exciting to see the energy and intensity of our team again.

- Tyrese Hughey and Cooper Bowser looked ready to go, Carter Whitt looked improved.

- I liked what I saw from P.J. Smith Jr.

Nobody really concerned me, wish I could have seen the walk-ons play but not the biggest thing in the world.

Overall, it was exciting to see the Dins back at it. Let's go win another championship!
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #77105  by apaladin
 Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:03 pm
Agree with the above. Smith has a nice shot and seems confident shooting it. He had several 3’s, at least 4 or 5. Bowser was impressive, moves well and can get up. Needs some bulk but that will come. There was a question about Hien and Williams playing. Williams played and was at full speed. Hien did not play but was dressed. Looks like he will be ready in 3 weeks. All the other starters looked ready to go. I think CBR’s 9 man rotation is pretty set with the 10th man TBD.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #77112  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:28 am
Id go with...........

Starting unit:
Pegues
Foster
Williams
Vanderwal
Hien

Bench unit:
Whitt
Smith
Hughey
Bowser

10th rotation spot battle between Molnar & Bronson (to play if top 9 in foul trouble)
 #77124  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:29 pm
We had more people show up for our scrimmage last night than sometimes show up for Wofftard home games :lol: :lol:

#77141  by Flagman
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:04 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:25 am
Bowser is ready ;)

From my observation, he needs to guard the ball better when he’s holding it. He had it stripped a couple of times from his blind side.
Jasper liked this
 #77143  by cavedweller2
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:48 pm
I heard Taylor Swift is going to be there.
 #77144  by Jasper
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:24 pm
Smith is an excellent addition. Smooth confident shooter and playmaker and a thorn on defense.

Whitt and Molnar greatly improved. Carter played under control, set up some easy scores and shot better than I have ever seen him. Molnar is very strong to the hoop and on the
Boards.

Bowers needs seasoning and conditioning. He is very useful immediately and could become a real force by year end. Presence underneath is strong already on D.

Overall very deep. Coach may need to expand his rotation to 10. He has the talent this year with the improvement of a couple of guys. Looking good IMO. Kids playing hard in scrimmage for PT in games. Always the right motivation. Didn’t see much of the frosh. Likely redshirts.
dornb liked this
 #77147  by apaladin
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:44 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Id go with...........

Starting unit:
Pegues
Foster
Williams
Vanderwal
Hien

Bench unit:
Whitt
Smith
Hughey
Bowser

10th rotation spot battle between Molnar & Bronson (to play if top 9 in foul trouble)
Humphries? Don’t remember seeing Bronson last night.
 #77148  by Jasper
 Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:18 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Id go with...........

Starting unit:
Pegues
Foster
Williams
Vanderwal
Hien

Bench unit:
Whitt
Smith
Hughey
Bowser

Can’t see Smith not starting. Good shooter, great hustle on both sides of the court, strong court sense. I think Richey will use Williams off the bench again but with more PT this year. And then there is WITT. He may have been the leading scorer in the scrimmage along with a couple of great “look” assists.