• Repass to Transfer

#74018  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:03 pm
Wish him well, so we now have 2 or 3 scholarships available nect year?
 #74021  by tya1
 Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:12 am
apaladin wrote:

We have at least one. Theoretically we could have 1-4 . Hien, Foster, and Whitt could graduate and leave. I think Foster has already graduated and is staying next season as a grad. We have 12 players with two more years of potential eligibility. If all 12 stay then we would have 7 players leave after the 24-25 season. That is a lot to replace at once.

Multiple possible scenarios open now.
We could sign another freshman for 23-24.
We could bring in a late transfer for 23-24- possibly even a two time transfer who would have to sit a year.
Lawrence has been on campus this summer and on the Bahamas' trip - possible they could add him back to the roster.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #74023  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:31 am
tya1 wrote:
apaladin wrote:

We have at least one. Theoretically we could have 1-4 . Hien, Foster, and Whitt could graduate and leave. I think Foster has already graduated and is staying next season as a grad. We have 12 players with two more years of potential eligibility. If all 12 stay then we would have 7 players leave after the 24-25 season. That is a lot to replace at once.

We could bring in a late transfer for 23-24- possibly even a two time transfer who would have to sit a year.
Lawrence has been on campus this summer and on the Bahamas' trip - possible they could add him back to the roster.
I don’t see adding anyone for this year as its too late and even if they did I don’t think they would be eligible. I think Lawrence is done as he is no longer on the roster. That give us 2 for next year and like you said it could go up to 5.
 #74024  by tya1
 Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:45 am
A high school senior who just graduated would certainly be eligible. A transfer who comes in as a grad transfer might be eligible. A transfer with multiple years of eligibilty could come and sit a year and be treated as an early start to next year's recruiting.
 #74028  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:34 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:31 am
tya1 wrote:
apaladin wrote:

I don’t see adding anyone for this year as its too late and even if they did I don’t think they would be eligible. I think Lawrence is done as he is no longer on the roster. That give us 2 for next year and like you said it could go up to 5.
apaladin, as of 'now' we only have 1 available spot for next year......................... (meaning Repass's spot)

Cooper Bowser already took Lawrence's roster spot this year...................

As tya1 already said the 12 scholarship players on the roster currently could all still come back in '24-25................
apaladin liked this
 #74110  by PaladinPower
 Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:16 pm
I think I know why I haven’t frequented this forum for a while. If any fans are comparing about JR attending the trip and suggesting the cost/funds be used elsewhere, or that him transferring late puts the team in a tough position to replace him should be embarrassed. Do we honestly think he signed on to be a D1 athlete and sit on the bench for two years? I commend the man for sticking it out and competing every practice. I almost certain the coaches and family made the decision together and I wouldn’t be shocked if he was ENCOURAGED to stay to attend this trip with the team. Probably because our coaches are good people and actually know what’s best for all the players who committed to Furman.
din23, QCGlue liked this
 #74112  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:27 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:16 pm
I think I know why I haven’t frequented this forum for a while. If any fans are comparing about JR attending the trip and suggesting the cost/funds be used elsewhere, or that him transferring late puts the team in a tough position to replace him should be embarrassed. Do we honestly think he signed on to be a D1 athlete and sit on the bench for two years? I commend the man for sticking it out and competing every practice. I almost certain the coaches and family made the decision together and I wouldn’t be shocked if he was ENCOURAGED to stay to attend this trip with the team. Probably because our coaches are good people and actually know what’s best for all the players who committed to Furman.

To be fair the ONE FU fan that said that, took back what he said completely, so everything all good here ;)
gman84 liked this
 #74116  by cavedweller2
 Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:32 pm
I expect him to be an impact player for the Trojans.
QCGlue liked this
 #74308  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:21 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:12 am
With the loss of Repass and an open spot for this year, do you go after another big bodied guy that can rebound and spot some buckets near the basket for a year - grad transfer.
https://x.com/verbalcommits/status/1692 ... v3H2C3nHPQ
More than likely we just won't use the 13th scholarship this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 #74309  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:21 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:21 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:12 am
With the loss of Repass and an open spot for this year, do you go after another big bodied guy that can rebound and spot some buckets near the basket for a year - grad transfer.
https://x.com/verbalcommits/status/1692 ... v3H2C3nHPQ
More than likely we just won't use the 13th scholarship this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Exactly as no one is available this tme of year.
 #76859  by Sad Din
 Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:47 pm
several posts from Lipscolm about Joe Anderson. Sounds like he is doing well