• Furman 23-24 Season Tickets

#76542  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:47 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:05 am
I don’t know anything about this guy, but it is fun to look at his website. https://haslametrics.com/

He has us going 19-7 during the regular season (Div. 1 games only). https://haslametrics.com/ratings2.php?yr=&tid=485
I would take 24-7 (for our 31 game regular season record)...... That's the same record we had this past season....

He also picks us to win the SoCon #1 seed.....
 #76558  by apaladin
 Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:29 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:47 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:05 am
I don’t know anything about this guy, but it is fun to look at his website. https://haslametrics.com/

He has us going 19-7 during the regular season (Div. 1 games only). https://haslametrics.com/ratings2.php?yr=&tid=485
I would take 24-7 (for our 31 game regular season record)...... That's the same record we had this past season....

He also picks us to win the SoCon #1 seed.....
24-7 would be great but prolly a little high. I think closer to 20-11 which would be a good record for this edition.
 #76561  by Paul C
 Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:02 pm
I agree w AP (omg what is happening to me)

We just lost 2 of the best players in program history, and while i feel good about the talent in the pipeline it’s reasonable to expect a small step back this year. And our non conf schedule is pretty tough. We COULD wind up w a fairly mediocre overall record if we struggle early but I also expect us to be playing on Monday night in Asheville again.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #76566  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:08 am
A good bit of folks thought we would take a step back last year losing Hunter & Garrison, that did not happen of course!
Regardless of what's been 'proven' by this roster, I know good and well this team is loaded with depth like never before, one month everyone will find that out ;)
The SoCon is sooooooo weak, I feel good about us getting closer to the 25 win total for the regular season!
 #76604  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:50 am
Heard big things about Mr Bowser. Really hope he lives up to the hype. I actually think he will get a decent amount of playing time this year just considering how small we are down low.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #76605  by KingPaladin
 Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:51 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:50 am
Heard big things about Mr Bowser. Really hope he lives up to the hype. I actually think he will get a decent amount of playing time this year just considering how small we are down low.
I think his shooting ability when he steps out will be great, especially if Hein happens to go cold for a bit
FU Hoopla liked this
 #76607  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:01 pm
I see a scenario where we have a successful lineup option of going small at the guards with ball handling (2 of Pegues, Smith, Whitt) and can play both 6'9 Hien and 6'11 Bowser in the frontcourt at the same time, since both have the ability to step out and hit open 3's
 #76609  by youwouldno
 Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:35 pm
If Bowser is already good enough to make an impact from the bench as a true freshman, it would be an incredible recruiting fluke for someone with his height and reach at a nationally-known HS program - literally hundreds of D-1 staff would have watched him play and decided he wasn't worth a scholarship even to develop in the future, let alone use a true freshman.

Given CBR's track record, I fully expect Bowser to develop into a valuable player, but objectively, it would be a shocking outcome for this season.
LB1987 liked this
 #76614  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:30 pm
youwouldno wrote:
If Bowser is already good enough to make an impact from the bench as a true freshman, it would be an incredible recruiting fluke for someone with his height and reach at a nationally-known HS program - literally hundreds of D-1 staff would have watched him play and decided he wasn't worth a scholarship even to develop in the future, let alone use a true freshman.

Given CBR's track record, I fully expect Bowser to develop into a valuable player, but objectively, it would be a shocking outcome for this season.
Fingers crossed hoping we got a steal ;)
 #76634  by KingPaladin
 Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:19 am
youwouldno wrote:

He did play at the post-grad version of Sunrise, instead of their normal team, but I agree with the limit on his true impact of a tall but slight big man going directly to D-1