#71508  by furpop16
 Mon May 01, 2023 3:12 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:58 pm
tya1 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:45 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:01 pm
SoCon still not landing much in the transfer portal despite a lot of openings..........................

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1
After a few years of the transfer portal it is safe to say that even the schools that lost a lot of players will be able to reload their rosters OK. There are over 1600 guys in the portal currently and more still entering it. Players can still enter their names for a while longer and be eligible to play next season. Hundreds of players are out there looking for new homes. Hundreds of recruitable high school seniors are probably waiting to see where the transfers go. It is messy but almost all teams will refill their roster openings.

Exactly my point, will refill rosters late with bottom of the barrel that remains, not ideal, see ETSU and Wofftard recently :lol:

I wonder how much of the disappointment is due to "bottom of the barrel" vs inherent difficulty of cobbling together a "team" (unfamiliarity with each other & system; delay in getting to 'gel', if ever; etc) - or some of all.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #71509  by tya1
 Mon May 01, 2023 3:17 pm
A solid pickup for Chattanooga for next season. Myles Che, a 6'3" guard from Anaheim, CA. (going to HS in Georgia) has signed with the Mocs. Che was a 3 star rated prospect with at least a dozen offers. He was originally signed by South Florida but asked out of his commitment after they fired the coach who signed him.
 #71510  by FU Hoopla
 Mon May 01, 2023 3:19 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:12 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:58 pm
tya1 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:45 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 1:01 pm
SoCon still not landing much in the transfer portal despite a lot of openings..........................

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1
After a few years of the transfer portal it is safe to say that even the schools that lost a lot of players will be able to reload their rosters OK. There are over 1600 guys in the portal currently and more still entering it. Players can still enter their names for a while longer and be eligible to play next season. Hundreds of players are out there looking for new homes. Hundreds of recruitable high school seniors are probably waiting to see where the transfers go. It is messy but almost all teams will refill their roster openings.

Exactly my point, will refill rosters late with bottom of the barrel that remains, not ideal, see ETSU and Wofftard recently :lol:

I wonder how much of the disappointment is due to "bottom of the barrel" vs inherent difficulty of cobbling together a "team" (unfamiliarity with each other & system; delay in getting to 'gel', if ever; etc) - or some of all.

Certainly 'some of all' playing into that.................
 #71511  by tya1
 Mon May 01, 2023 8:41 pm
Samford has signed transfer 5'9" Dallas Graziani from Nova Southeastern of Ft. Lauderdale, FL, the D2 national champions. NSU was 36-0 this year and 67-1 over the last two years. Graziani averaged 11.3 ppg and 6.7 assists (2nd in D2 in assists) this year.

Looks like they have a new little guy to replace the other little guy.
 #71512  by FU Hoopla
 Mon May 01, 2023 10:01 pm
tya1 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:41 pm
Samford has signed transfer 5'9" Dallas Graziani from Nova Southeastern of Ft. Lauderdale, FL, the D2 national champions. NSU was 36-0 this year and 67-1 over the last two years. Graziani averaged 11.3 ppg and 6.7 assists (2nd in D2 in assists) this year.

Looks like they have a new little guy to replace the other little guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So who now has the tallest midget in the SoCon, Sammy or WCCC?
 #71513  by FU Hoopla
 Mon May 01, 2023 10:06 pm
Sammy vs. Western Carolina Community College (Battle of the Midgets)

#71522  by FU Hoopla
 Mon May 01, 2023 11:49 pm
As May 1st 2023 predicted SoCon order of finish:

1) Furman
2) UNCG (If Langley's return, word is they are still thinking on it)
3) WCCC
4) Sammy
5) UTC
6) ETSU
7) Wofftard
8) Mercer
9) Citadel
10) VMI

Based off rosters the bottom 6 all look really bad as of right now....................
 #71527  by Monday
 Tue May 02, 2023 11:00 am
What’s with all the 5’9” hate? That’s a perfectly respectable height! As I’ve, uhm, been told from, er, shorter guys who’ve told me.
FU Hoopla, FUBF24 liked this
 #71529  by FU Hoopla
 Tue May 02, 2023 11:30 am
Monday wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:00 am
What’s with all the 5’9” hate? That’s a perfectly respectable height! As I’ve, uhm, been told from, er, shorter guys who’ve told me.
 #71541  by FUBF24
 Tue May 02, 2023 4:26 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

1) Furman
3) WCCC
4) Sammy
5) UTC
6) ETSU
7) Wofftard
8) Mercer
9) Citadel
10) VMI

Based off rosters the bottom 6 all look really bad as of right now....................
Don't count Mercer out just yet. They did lose a lot of people in the transfer portal, but they retain some key players like Jalyn McCreary who's really talented and Jah Quinones who has potential. I wouldn't put them in the top 4 but I do think 8th might be a bit too low.
 #71543  by FU Hoopla
 Tue May 02, 2023 4:47 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:26 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:

1) Furman
3) WCCC
4) Sammy
5) UTC
6) ETSU
7) Wofftard
8) Mercer
9) Citadel
10) VMI

Don't count Mercer out just yet. They did lose a lot of people in the transfer portal, but they retain some key players like Jalyn McCreary who's really talented and Jah Quinones who has potential. I wouldn't put them in the top 4 but I do think 8th might be a bit too low.

They went 14-19 and have added 3 freshmen and a transfer that has basically never played in 4 years, personally I am not expecting much of a turnaround for them.
As of now they have 9 total players on the team :D
I imagine Greg Gary is on the hot seat there as well.....................
 #71772  by tya1
 Sun May 14, 2023 4:16 pm
Looking at SoCon rosters in May - VMI, The Citadel, Western Carolina, and the Paladins have full rosters - every scholarship taken. Chattanooga, UNCG, and Samford each have a couple of open spots available. Wofford has five open scholarships and ETSU and Mercer have four slots each. Wofford and Mercer seem to be in need of some inside help in particular. If Jalen Haynes returns for ETSU they will be okay inside, although they still need more depth.

Some schools, especially VMI and the Citadel appear to be locked into a cycle - they have playing time available because of transfers - the freshmen and sophomores put up good numbers because of all the available time - they use the good numbers to get offers to transfer - repeat the cycle.

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by FUBeAR

Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:54 pm

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.