Kitchen_bg wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:11 am
affirm wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:20 am
Kitchen_bg wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:28 pm
tya1 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:19 pm
Hopefully, an NCAA appearance and dramatic win will boost the chances of some nice home games. Teams are more willing to add NCAA tournament teams to their schedules because it adds an extra prestige factor to offer their fans. I suspect Wofford has been able to get some games because of that factor.

I wonder if Clemson might be more likely to set a series. There is a light shining on the Paladins that they might want back on them.
I doubt that Clemsom would schedule Furman knowing that the Clemson job is on CBR’s shortlist.
If and when Richey gets the Clemson job, will he have the courage to schedule Furman regularly?
Courage and smarts are two different things. But let’s just play your game real quick and give you an answer. He scheduled Anderson College this year just so he could help Jimmy Williams’ program. Being that FU is to Anderson as Clemson is to FU, logic says yes. Also I think if CBR could give FU a pay game to continue to help the program that he has built, I would say he would, with full confidence.
Furman is on the same level as Clemson in basketball. In fact, we are a notch above them.
 #69650  by Kitchen_bg
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:33 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:28 am
Kitchen_bg wrote:
affirm wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
tya1 wrote:
Hopefully, an NCAA appearance and dramatic win will boost the chances of some nice home games. Teams are more willing to add NCAA tournament teams to their schedules because it adds an extra prestige factor to offer their fans. I suspect Wofford has been able to get some games because of that factor.

I wonder if Clemson might be more likely to set a series. There is a light shining on the Paladins that they might want back on them.
I doubt that Clemsom would schedule Furman knowing that the Clemson job is on CBR’s shortlist.
If and when Richey gets the Clemson job, will he have the courage to schedule Furman regularly?
Courage and smarts are two different things. But let’s just play your game real quick and give you an answer. He scheduled Anderson College this year just so he could help Jimmy Williams’ program. Being that FU is to Anderson as Clemson is to FU, logic says yes. Also I think if CBR could give FU a pay game to continue to help the program that he has built, I would say he would, with full confidence.
Furman is on the same level as Clemson in basketball. In fact, we are a notch above them.
Not if CBR is at clemson
bj93, FU69 liked this
 #69651  by Kitchen_bg
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:42 am
And I was wrong Clemson (22k students)> AU (4K students) > Furman (2900 students)… so yeah, I think CBR would have no qualms with scheduling FU if he happened to land at Clemson.
 #69654  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:37 am
youwouldno wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:51 am
Clemson is a crap job and there's almost no chance CBR will ever be the HC there.
On the contrary. Clemson is the one job that would be a great fit for Coach Richey. He is close friends with Jordan Sorrells and he is super close with Dabo. It would also keep him close to home for his family. I am thankful Clemson has already made the decision to keep Brownell, at least for one more year.
 #69656  by youwouldno
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am
Richey is upfront about his ambitions, and ruining his career so he can chill with his Clemson friends doesn't sound consistent with those ambitions.

If Clemson moved to the SEC, it could change. But I don't know how likely that is in the next couple years.

Clemson wouldn't have retained Brownell if they could have gotten someone better. Pretty simple.
 #69659  by Kitchen_bg
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:23 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Richey is upfront about his ambitions, and ruining his career so he can chill with his Clemson friends doesn't sound consistent with those ambitions.

If Clemson moved to the SEC, it could change. But I don't know how likely that is in the next couple years.

Clemson wouldn't have retained Brownell if they could have gotten someone better. Pretty simple.
You are right about CBR being upfront about his ambitions.. he and his agent have both been upfront about him wanting to go hang out with his friends at Clemson.
 #69661  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:35 pm
Kitchen_bg wrote:
youwouldno wrote:

You are right about CBR being upfront about his ambitions.. he and his agent have both been upfront about him wanting to go hang out with his friends at Clemson.
Silly comment. It is unbelievable for someone to criticize our coach for just having great friends that happen to have a connection to Clemson. Our coach has great friends with a lot of connections. He is like a magnet that way. It's a wonderful quality to have.
 #69662  by Kitchen_bg
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
youwouldno wrote:

Silly comment. It is unbelievable for someone to criticize our coach for just having great friends that happen to have a connection to Clemson. Our coach has great friends with a lot of connections. He is like a magnet that way. It's a wonderful quality to have.
I was in no way being critical. Was just sayin Richey has been open about his wanting of the Clemson job if and when it opens.
 #69663  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:45 pm
Kitchen_bg wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:41 pm
Roundball wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
youwouldno wrote:

I was in no way being critical. Was just sayin Richey has been open about his wanting of the Clemson job if and when it opens.
Just to be clear, Coach Richey has never said in public that he wants that job. He has said that he would go in whatever direction God sends him. I have no doubt he is sincere when he says that.

Meanwhile, back to Timmons, I sure wish the funds could be raised this week, with the announcement coming the following week that work is beginning. Why wait?
Last edited by Roundball on Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #69664  by Affirm
Roundball wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
affirm wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
tya1 wrote:

Furman thinks it is on the same level. Furman thinks it is a notch above. If you put “on the same level” and “a notch above” in the context of what each school should be able to produce, those thoughts are correct. If you put “on the same level” and “a notch above” on a national perspective and national context, we are not there yet. Maybe we will be there if we can get to the Sweet Sixteen sooner than the next time Clemson gets to the Sweet Sixteen (to which Clemson has been 4 times; and 1 time to the Elite Eight). Clemson has 11 (eleven) NCAA Tournament wins, compared to Furman’s 2 NCAA Tournament wins. Let’s keep getting better, and let’s be real about how actually good we are and are not.
Last edited by Affirm on Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitchen_bg, bj93 liked this
 #69666  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:53 pm
affirm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
affirm wrote:
Kitchen_bg wrote:
tya1 wrote:

Furman thinks it is on the same level. Furman thinks it is a notch above. If you put “on the same level” and “a notch above” in the context of what each school should be able to produce, those thoughts are correct. If you put “on the same level” and “a notch above” on a national perspective and national context, we are not there yet. Maybe we will be there if we get to the Sweet Sixteen sooner than the next time Clemson gets to the Sweet Sixteen.
Let me be more clear. By same level, I mean Division 1. By a notch above, I mean we have a better program and better coach than Clemson at the present time.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Roundball

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:46 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:09 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by AstroDin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:36 pm

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:27 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.