• $40 million (30 mil down and 10 mil to go)(Timmons Renovation)

#64507  by Affirm
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:07 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:55 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:53 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:36 pm
Anyone interested in becoming a philanthropic partner to advance capital priorities for Furman Athletics may contact Erin Wissing, senior associate athletics director/executive director of Athletics Development, at 864-294-3732 or erin.wissing@furman.edu.
Looks like Erin is also seeking to add talent to her Team…

https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/e ... ns_R001939

Assistant Athletics Director for Development

Education/Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor’s Degree with 5 - 7 years of experience in related field.
* Experience fundraising in a higher education setting.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
* Experience fundraising in college athletics required.
* Marketing and public relations experience preferred.
* Experience planning events preferred.
* Must have ability to handle confidential data.

They got me on that last part 'Must have ability to handle confidential data.' :lol: :lol:
Nothing to laugh about there.
Of course there is, I am talking about myself ;)
So you won’t be a candidate for that important new job.
 #64517  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:27 am
affirm wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:27 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:07 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:55 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:53 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:36 pm
Anyone interested in becoming a philanthropic partner to advance capital priorities for Furman Athletics may contact Erin Wissing, senior associate athletics director/executive director of Athletics Development, at 864-294-3732 or erin.wissing@furman.edu.
Looks like Erin is also seeking to add talent to her Team…

https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/e ... ns_R001939

Assistant Athletics Director for Development

Education/Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor’s Degree with 5 - 7 years of experience in related field.
* Experience fundraising in a higher education setting.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
* Experience fundraising in college athletics required.
* Marketing and public relations experience preferred.
* Experience planning events preferred.
* Must have ability to handle confidential data.

They got me on that last part 'Must have ability to handle confidential data.' :lol: :lol:
Nothing to laugh about there.
Of course there is, I am talking about myself ;)
So you won’t be a candidate for that important new job.
Its very important, and no I will not, not even close :D

Hopefully whoever lands it knocks it out of the park!
FU69 liked this
 #64545  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:14 pm
Overall everything seems to be running so much smoother in the athletics admin office, its night and day compared to 15 years ago

So many positive new things happening on what feels like a monthly basis

Plus you can actually bring an issue up and rest assured it will get properly addressed in a timely manner, that has not always been the case here
hypercycloid liked this
 #64572  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:31 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:19 pm
Comments like this make me think you work in the AD office
I can see where you would think that, but it truly stems from past frustrations with FU athletics office some years back, its like they just ignored common sense sometimes, just glad that's changed

Now all you hear is
 #64843  by Furmanoid
 Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:22 pm
If donors have $40M laying around to spend on basketball, why spend it on renovating Timmons? If that money were used for NIL we could certainly buy our way into the top 50 or better. We would never lose the SoCon again. We could probably buy every smart basketball player we want.

Schools lured people with facilities back before you were allowed to lure them with money. We’re kinda behind the times. We’ll be saying “Sure, they offered you $100K, but look at these new seats we’ve got!”
 #64866  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:20 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:22 pm
If donors have $40M laying around to spend on basketball, why spend it on renovating Timmons? If that money were used for NIL we could certainly buy our way into the top 50 or better. We would never lose the SoCon again. We could probably buy every smart basketball player we want.

Schools lured people with facilities back before you were allowed to lure them with money. We’re kinda behind the times. We’ll be saying “Sure, they offered you $100K, but look at these new seats we’ve got!”
 #64873  by saltyshaker
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:17 am
not sure $40 million is enough to buy a championship bb team.apparently billy napier lost a qb recruit at florida because a nil reneged on a 13 million $ committment.so 40 million may not last long buying players these days.guess joe williams was ahead of his time.
 #64876  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:20 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:17 am
not sure $40 million is enough to buy a championship bb team.apparently billy napier lost a qb recruit at florida because a nil reneged on a 13 million $ committment.so 40 million may not last long buying players these days.guess joe williams was ahead of his time.
That $13 million for the Florida QB fell through, the booster group could not come up with the money, so he asked out of his LOI to go get some $$$ somewhere
 #64883  by Furmanoid
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:19 pm
Seriously, I only said top 50. The only championship I mentioned was the SoCon. If we have guys with $40M to blow, we can easily buy the firepower to win SoCon basketball. Not talking SEC football. In 2023 if winning is the goal (and it may not be, that's OK) you spend the money on NIL, not pretty facilities. It makes perfect sense to fix up Timmons if the goal is to have a nicer place to watch games. And that's a reasonable goal. But it makes less sense if the goal is to have a better team.

We just need to get the guys we try to recruit. Not talking about bringing in the wrong kind of kid. But since we fish in a really small pond, we need to get ALL of the best fish. Think about it. Scholarly b'ball player Joe is recruited by Furman and the usual suspects. Some of them have marginally nicer facilities. Some (Ivies) offer greater snob appeal. We offer $50K/yr. Where does Joe go? This is isn't difficult to figure out.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Recruiting

by The Jackal

Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:08 pm

Default Avatar SOCON MEDIA DAY?

by Roundball

Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:25 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUTex

Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:04 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:20 pm

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Dins&Heels

Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.