• 2023-2024 Season

#63437  by saltyshaker
 Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:40 pm
is there a number of basketball games a player can play and still qualify for a redshirt?i know it football it is 4 ,but not sure if basketball has a similar rule.
 #64591  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:44 am
Think a player is not allowed to play any games in a college basketball season to be eligible for a redshirt, unless that player is granted a medical redshirt
 #64787  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:43 am

2023 G Eddrin Bronson - Tampa Catholic
You wanna talk about hard to guard! Very few guys in the state can say they give opposing defenders more trouble than Eddrin Bronson. The senior guard and Furman signee is a true 3-level scorer who can play either guard spot. There isn't a spot on the floor where he can't get a highly efficient shot. At 6'4" with ball skills, he's most deadly when in attack mode, putting defenders on their heels, unsure what part of his game to take away. With great size and a beautiful pull-up jumper, he's the complete package. Ed is most dangerous when he can get to his pull-up game. With a flurry of shifty moves, he can create rhythm and separation to knock down tough shots at any moment. His great size at the guard spot allows him to guard multiple positions. He's havoc in passing lanes, creating fast break opportunities where he and his teammates seem to be at their best. Eddrin is one of my favorite guys to watch, from his smooth demeanor to his knack for hitting big-time shots. He's worth the price of admission by himself.
RollDins, dornb liked this
 #64817  by Stosh
 Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:42 pm
Bronson: kind of reminds me of Jonathan Moore (and the headband helps!) - it would be really nice if he had anywhere near the same impact on the program.
dornb, FU Hoopla, apaladin liked this
 #64895  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:05 pm
Stosh wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:42 pm
Bronson: kind of reminds me of Jonathan Moore (and the headband helps!) - it would be really nice if he had anywhere near the same impact on the program.
Absolutely!
 #64979  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:59 am
Ok so we know James Repass and Davis Molnar are redshirting this year

We also know about the two Freshman coming in next year Eddrin Bronson and Tommy Humphries

Who knows what's going on with Jonny Lawrence? Is his back bothering him again?
Only my own speculation, but he is in his 4th year of the program, maybe he has decided to graduate this year. Anyone know?
 #65767  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:30 am
So this guy is a HS senior, are we expecting a scholarship to open up then? Maybe so.

#65854  by RaleighDin
 Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:02 am
Accounting for COVID years and redshirts, I think they all technically have two more years of eligibility, so that makes sense.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #65858  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:50 am
KingPaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:10 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:31 am
Also VerbalCommits has finally updated all rosters lol

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/furman
Sadly still has Joe, Garrett, Marcus, and Johnny as Sophomores

They are Sophomores eligibility wise, Covid year did not count against anybody and Marcus and Jonny took redshirt years freshmen season as well
 #65867  by youwouldno
 Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:25 am
Under Bob Richey, the most a freshman guard has ever played was Alex Hunter at 35%, followed by Pegues at 25%; both also had very low usage rates (i.e., they played some but didn't shoot or pass very often).

Bronson and Humphries undoubtedly have a lot of upside, but it's unlikely that either one will be a major factor next year. One probably gets 10 minutes/game while the other redshirts.
 #65868  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:32 am
youwouldno wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:25 am
Under Bob Richey, the most a freshman guard has ever played was Alex Hunter at 35%, followed by Pegues at 25%; both also had very low usage rates (i.e., they played some but didn't shoot or pass very often).

Bronson and Humphries undoubtedly have a lot of upside, but it's unlikely that either one will be a major factor next year. One probably gets 10 minutes/game while the other redshirts.
Of course, possible in a Vanderwal range of getting 16mpg, if one of those guys comes in ready to play I could see those type minutes with so many opening up with Bothwell and Slawson gone. The big question mark for me is Lawrence, feels like he has decided to graduate this year, which would allow us to go out and get a 5th year senior proven D2 player that could wind up playing a huge role on the team next year.

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.