#86367  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:40 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:53 pm
Chicken Little was in my backyard today. So what if these kids leave. They have their reasons. I wish them well. Furman ain’t for everybody. I have confidence in CBR to build a team.

I was told at a young age that change is the most consistent thing you will face. It is true.
If FUBeAR wants to support and watch Professional Athletics, FUBeAR will support and watch Professional Athletics.

FUBeAR believes that the NFL, the NBA, MLB, and the NHL can fulfill all of his needs in that realm.*

* FUBeAR rarely supports or watches NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL contests. FUBeAR doesn’t really like Professional Athletics. Never has.
It’s all fixed. Don’t let them tell you it’s not. Well they can tell it’s not but it is. My late good friend who passed away from the cancer always said pro sports were fixed. The longer he’s been gone; the more I think he is correct.
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Coach L. Acton

…and so it goes.
 #86368  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:43 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 pm
There's still high school sports.
Not so fast my friend…

https://biz.opendorse.com/blog/nil-high-school/
 #86479  by Sad Din
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:46 am
Alley Gym wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:56 am
AWill is in the portal.
dont see it. hopefully a little trolling here
 #86482  by Dins&Heels
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:11 pm
Hopefully but maybe reliable since the poster predicted the mass exodus. Hasn’t hit twitter yet.
 #86486  by Sad Din
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:38 pm
still optimistic. 1st just becuase u enter the portal doesnt mean you cant come back. Some reports are saying that these kids are being told they are worth $100k+. Seriously if thats the amt they are transferring for, its a very short term gain. Foster is a different story. He graduated and gave all his best year. SD is good with Foster

2nd... the two redshirt frosh who are supposed to be pretty good are now definetly going to play. And thats very motivating for them as well as the returnees

3rd... CBR has shown that he can find very good talent in DII ranks. Smith and Connely were very good players

4th.. this means that the talent level being recruited for Dins is very good. Hunter, Mounce, Connely, Bothwell all playing in EU. Slaw is in NBA. Gurley, Pegues, Foster. Whitt and Williams being scouted by High D1s.

5th.. Timmons renovation starts in 2 weeks!

all good
 #86487  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:51 pm
Hope you are right but we have now lost our 3 best players and 3 top scorers and top 3 three point shooters and 55 points a game total. Curently have one reliable 3 point shooter on the team that we know of(Pjay). Down to 8 scholarship players with 2 of those never played. So 6 players with any playing experience. Looks bleak but things can change quickly. Could be more entering, portal still open for 30+ more days. So much for everyone coming back.
 #86488  by Alley Gym
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:19 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Alley Gym wrote:
AWill is in the portal.
Everytime I have posted in this thread you have accused me of trolling. Why would I troll about this? I’m a Furman alum and hoops fan, this news sucks to me.

With 4 of our top 6 players now gone, things do look bleak but these days you can get a whole new team in a few weeks through the portal. Just gotta wait and see what Bob can do. I hope not having a home arena this year doesn’t deter some 1 year grad transfers.
 #86490  by Dins&Heels
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:25 pm
Frustrating landscape for any mid-major like FU who has been finding players like JP, AW and MF and helping develop them into guys who can play for any Power 5 program.
 #86491  by bj93
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:28 pm
Alley Gym clearly knows what he/she is talking about. Hoping PJ doesn't follow the others.
 #86492  by Dins&Heels
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:30 pm
Alley Gym wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:19 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Alley Gym wrote:
AWill is in the portal.
Everytime I have posted in this thread you have accused me of trolling. Why would I troll about this? I’m a Furman alum and hoops fan, this news sucks to me.

With 4 of our top 6 players now gone, things do look bleak but these days you can get a whole new team in a few weeks through the portal. Just gotta wait and see what Bob can do. I hope not having a home arena this year doesn’t deter some 1 year grad transfers.
That’s what I’ve been saying…would be a pretty big (negative) factor for me but CBR will figure this out, adapt, and put together a decent team.
 #86493  by Paladin83
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:34 pm
At this point, there’s no doubt we are in dumpster fire territory. Incredible how our team chemistry went from great to crap in one year.
 #86494  by Alley Gym
 Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:40 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:34 pm
At this point, there’s no doubt we are in dumpster fire territory. Incredible how our team chemistry went from great to crap in one year.
Yeah, puzzling. Definitely some clashing personalities/attitude problems. I think PJay, Vanderwal, and Hien are great kids and have the potential to be team leaders heading into next year.