• Roster Collapse

#86343  by FUpaladin08
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 pm
din23 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm
To this point, it seems the thread title is an exaggeration- shocking on the uffp, I know! Two grad transfers out, whom we will miss. But it also gives us the opportunity to rebalance the roster and move forward.
We can keep the thread title now.
din23 liked this
 #86344  by Dins&Heels
Dude has the skills to start most anywhere. I imagine with the way things are, he was probably being heavily recruited by some big time programs.
 #86345  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:01 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Dude has the skills to start most anywhere. I imagine with the way things are, he was probably being heavily recruited by some big time programs.
If he lands that UVA that would be the sports story of the decade. and another episode of the Dins documentary
 #86347  by Dins&Heels
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:11 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:01 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
If he lands that UVA that would be the sports story of the decade. and another episode of the Dins documentary
Yeah but UVA is where you go if you don’t like to have fun. What a boring system.
 #86350  by tya1
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:49 pm
I assumed Whitt was looking around because he figured he wasn't going to be the point guard ahead of Pegues. I wonder if he would reconsider leaving.
Davemeister liked this
 #86352  by Dins&Heels
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm
tya1 wrote:
I assumed Whitt was looking around because he figured he wasn't going to be the point guard ahead of Pegues. I wonder if he would reconsider leaving.
That’s a great question. Or are there issues behind the scenes we don’t know about. Original poster hinted at a lot of players being frustrated with CBR 🤷‍♂️
 #86354  by purplehorse123
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:32 pm
It seems loyalty in college sports is sort of rare these days. This jumping around is bad for sports in general. It is what it is.

Also it seems everyone is now forced to be part of the transfer portal environment, whether you want to or not.
 #86355  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:41 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm
tya1 wrote:
That’s a great question. Or are there issues behind the scenes we don’t know about. Original poster hinted at a lot of players being frustrated with CBR 🤷‍♂️
Any player frustrated with a good man and great coach like Bob Richey needs to move on. I would be proud to have a son or grandson play the game of basketball and the game of life under Coach Richey. There is only one reason guys have entered the portal. Follow the money. I don’t blame the player and his family for doing what is best financially. That is college basketball now. It’s a mess, especially for mid majors.
 #86358  by youwouldno
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:20 pm
The reality of the world is that people follow the money. This is not exactly a newsflash, some of the oldest surviving written records pertain to business contracts.

If you want to be a consistent factor in college basketball, you have to get star players paid. It's pointless to pretend there's some kind of alternative.

Investing primarily in coaches and facilities made sense pre-NIL but that strategy is plainly obsolete. Arguably it would be better to have a less capable coach but more money for players.

In any case, Richey will have to adapt or his career and Furman's prospects will fade accordingly.
 #86359  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:35 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:20 pm
If you want to be a consistent factor in college basketball, you have to get star players paid.
…which jives so well with NCAA D1 Rules 20.10.1 & 20.10.1.2

FUBeAR is on the verge of becoming an UnFan (of all D1 Intercollegiate Athletics).
jesse174 liked this
 #86360  by tim
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:42 pm
Minor leagues for the big schools? Socon autobid next to go? I no longer see the point in Furman basketball.
jesse174 liked this
 #86361  by cavedweller2
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:53 pm
Chicken Little was in my backyard today. So what if these kids leave. They have their reasons. I wish them well. Furman ain’t for everybody. I have confidence in CBR to build a team.

I was told at a young age that change is the most consistent thing you will face. It is true.
din23 liked this
 #86364  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Chicken Little was in my backyard today. So what if these kids leave. They have their reasons. I wish them well. Furman ain’t for everybody. I have confidence in CBR to build a team.

I was told at a young age that change is the most consistent thing you will face. It is true.
If FUBeAR wants to support and watch Professional Athletics, FUBeAR will support and watch Professional Athletics.

FUBeAR believes that the NFL, the NBA, MLB, and the NHL can fulfill all of his needs in that realm.*

* FUBeAR rarely supports or watches NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL contests. FUBeAR doesn’t really like Professional Athletics. Never has.
 #86365  by cavedweller2
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:02 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:

If FUBeAR wants to support and watch Professional Athletics, FUBeAR will support and watch Professional Athletics.

FUBeAR believes that the NFL, the NBA, MLB, and the NHL can fulfill all of his needs in that realm.*

* FUBeAR rarely supports or watches NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL contests. FUBeAR doesn’t really like Professional Athletics. Never has.
It’s all fixed. Don’t let them tell you it’s not. Well they can tell it’s not but it is. My late good friend who passed away from the cancer always said pro sports were fixed. The longer he’s been gone; the more I think he is correct.
 #86366  by youwouldno
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 pm
There's still high school sports. The old days of college sports are gone for good. The entire higher education system is a slowly dying pyramid scheme based on trillions in debt financed by money printed in DC. Higher education leadership is characterized by shameless, unlimited hypocrisy. The society around the schools is in a state of corruption and deterioration. Under those circumstances, it would be naive to think it will turn around, ever.

I guess I could see some rationale to root for a pro 'college' team that has a personal connection more than to a random NBA team. And to be fair, Furman does have a cool logo.

Recent Topics

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by apaladin

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:57 pm

Default Avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by Affirm

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:55 pm

User avatar Finally it is over!

by sluggo

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:50 am

User avatar Say Hey Kid RIP

by apaladin

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:48 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.