• Off Season SOCON Transfer tracker

#69899  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:12 am
FUBF24 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:05 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:31 pm
Another one bits the dust at sammy..................

He was so unimportant, every time he played against Furman he looked incompetent. Sad to see him go because it was fun watching Bothwell hit three after three against him

I am sure he was run off by Bucky, Bucky strikes me as the win at all costs type, I don't like him at all...............
 #69912  by saltyshaker
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:22 am
first wanted to thank joe anderson for his contribution to the team this past season and wish him well going forward.i understand we now have 12 on scholarship with room to add a transfer.i am sure the coaches are scouring the portal for a complimentry addition.
i was trying to figure who are our current 12.first we have the seven rotational players returning from this year's team.then there is molner and the two incoming freshmen.i think lawrence is the 11th.but i don't know who the remaining player is.can someone help me?
 #69913  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:42 am
saltyshaker wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:22 am
first wanted to thank joe anderson for his contribution to the team this past season and wish him well going forward.i understand we now have 12 on scholarship with room to add a transfer.i am sure the coaches are scouring the portal for a complimentry addition.
i was trying to figure who are our current 12.first we have the seven rotational players returning from this year's team.then there is molner and the two incoming freshmen.i think lawrence is the 11th.but i don't know who the remaining player is.can someone help me?

The biggest player in our program, 6'10 Repass
 #70026  by tya1
 Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:21 pm
Kamar Robertson, the 6'0" pg for Mercer has just announced a transfer to Western Carolina. I think he is a grad transfer , which means he will be eligible next season. A good player who scored about 10 per game. Will spice up matches between those two teams. Not a vote of confidence for Greg Gary.

Interesting transfer note not directly involving the Paladins - Jake Heidbreder 6'5" guard from the Air Force Academy is transferring to Clemson. Heidbreder was a starter as a freshman and sophomore at Air Force and 3rd team all conference this year. He was a guy we were after a couple of years ago. Heidbreder is the third player in recent years we offered that did not get an offer from Clemson at the time who has ended up transferring to the Tigers after finding success elsewhere. The earlier two became starters at Clemson and double digit scorers. OTOH, Josh Beadle narrowed his list to Clemson and the Paladins before picking the Tigers and only averaged about 2 PPG this year in limited action, so maybe it is the coaching.
 #70041  by Monday
 Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:54 pm
tya1 wrote:
Heidbreder is the third player in recent years we offered that did not get an offer from Clemson at the time who has ended up transferring to the Tigers after finding success elsewhere. The earlier two became starters at Clemson and double digit scorers. OTOH, Josh Beadle narrowed his list to Clemson and the Paladins before picking the Tigers and only averaged about 2 PPG this year in limited action, so maybe it is the coaching.
I remember Nick Honor, who ended up at Mizzou, who’s the third player?
 #70045  by tya1
 Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:43 pm
Monday wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:54 pm
tya1 wrote:
Heidbreder is the third player in recent years we offered that did not get an offer from Clemson at the time who has ended up transferring to the Tigers after finding success elsewhere. The earlier two became starters at Clemson and double digit scorers. OTOH, Josh Beadle narrowed his list to Clemson and the Paladins before picking the Tigers and only averaged about 2 PPG this year in limited action, so maybe it is the coaching.
I remember Nick Honor, who ended up at Mizzou, who’s the third player?
Brevin Galloway.

Started at Col. of Charleston, was good there, followed his coach to Boston College, transferred to Clemson for this season and scored in double digits while playing over 29 minutes per game. Played during 6 seasons of college ball. I assume he got an injury redshirt for 20-21 when he only played 4 games.
 #70054  by FU Hoopla
 Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:00 am
tya1 wrote:
Kamar Robertson, the 6'0" pg for Mercer has just announced a transfer to Western Carolina. I think he is a grad transfer , which means he will be eligible next season. A good player who scored about 10 per game. Will spice up matches between those two teams. Not a vote of confidence for Greg Gary.

Interesting transfer note not directly involving the Paladins - Jake Heidbreder 6'5" guard from the Air Force Academy is transferring to Clemson. Heidbreder was a starter as a freshman and sophomore at Air Force and 3rd team all conference this year. He was a guy we were after a couple of years ago. Heidbreder is the third player in recent years we offered that did not get an offer from Clemson at the time who has ended up transferring to the Tigers after finding success elsewhere. The earlier two became starters at Clemson and double digit scorers. OTOH, Josh Beadle narrowed his list to Clemson and the Paladins before picking the Tigers and only averaged about 2 PPG this year in limited action, so maybe it is the coaching.

Robertson has never won a single game against Furman in his entire career, he's like 0-10 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #70071  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:06 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:43 pm
NCAA is The Black Knight…

Today…
After 1st denied transfer waiver discrimination lawsuit is filed…
Paladin82 liked this
 #70209  by Monday
 Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:43 am
Gamecock fan must be loving Paris's Best-Player-from-the-Citadel transfer portal strategy. Road less traveled or path of least resistance, which is it?

On the plus side, Ed Conroy can definitely use this for recruiting. "Hey kid, have you ever wanted to play for an afterthought SEC school? Give me 4 years and you can!"
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #70221  by tya1
 Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:31 pm
Interesting transfer - Robbie Carmody, a 6'4" guard at Notre Dame is going to play at Mercer. Carmody was a very highly regarded player at Mars Township HS in Pennsylvania, who had at least 20 offers, mostly from schools such as Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue. Louisville,Stanford, etc. The mid major schools didn't even bother to try. He never played much at Notre Dame although he did hit 50% of his FG as a sophomore and was getting a little court time. Appears to have been injured in 21-22. Good athlete who was smooth, with a good mid-range shot, but not a three point shooter. Could fit in well with Mercer's system if healthy.
 #70233  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:37 am
tya1 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:31 pm
Interesting transfer - Robbie Carmody, a 6'4" guard at Notre Dame is going to play at Mercer. Carmody was a very highly regarded player at Mars Township HS in Pennsylvania, who had at least 20 offers, mostly from schools such as Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue. Louisville,Stanford, etc. The mid major schools didn't even bother to try. He never played much at Notre Dame although he did hit 50% of his FG as a sophomore and was getting a little court time. Appears to have been injured in 21-22. Good athlete who was smooth, with a good mid-range shot, but not a three point shooter. Could fit in well with Mercer's system if healthy.
After a quick look at his ESPN stats in 4 years I just assumed he must have been a walk-on by how little he played, Rhett Lister has played in 10 more college games than this guy

Recent Topics

User avatar Changing times ...

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by Affirm

Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:00 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.