• Roster Collapse

#86197  by KingPaladin
 Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:58 pm
SD remembers two things:

1. Alex Hunter practiced with the team last summer and said great things about one of the frosh
2. Recently CBR said that one of them could have played 20 mins now but they didnt want to use the redshirt

Those are two pretty good data points. And SD thinks the HS stats and pedigree was pretty good
Probbaly Eddrin
 #86229  by apaladin
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am
24 hours since the portal opening. Keep your fingers crossed.
 #86231  by KingPaladin
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 pm
We're not expecting to lose anymore unless a surprise comes up when we start recruiting transfers
 #86240  by jesse174
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:13 pm
So now it will be deciding what kind of player we want and how he fits into the program....will be interesting for sure...Seeing that there are a zillion players in the portal maybe not that easy to navigate...will be fun to see what happens
 #86241  by Sad Din
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:48 pm
If this info is true, no excuse for Dins NOT to be a power in the SoCon. At least a turney trip every other year and NIT the other

1. Best NIL money
2. Best facility
3. Best coach
4. Best school
5. Best town

#86243  by din23
 Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm
To this point, it seems the thread title is an exaggeration- shocking on the uffp, I know! Two grad transfers out, whom we will miss. But it also gives us the opportunity to rebalance the roster and move forward.
HammerTKE, jesse174, Bootie liked this
 #86266  by Jasper
 Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:19 pm
You know who found one? Niko Medved. From a Div 2 school no less. He starts 4 transfer grads and beat the hell out of an overrated UVA team last night. Niko is playing the cards dealt to him. That is a smart coach. He wins a couple of games in this tourney and he hits the big time. Or else Colorado gives him half of Vail.
 #86283  by Sad Din
 Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:45 pm
Looks like the number of xfers for "stable" teams was 2. Dins, UNCG, Chat, Woofy, etc

The number was lots higher for coaching changes teams or bad season teams

VMI, CIT, MU, WCU, etc

Only outlier was ETSU with 3

Sam still left to be seen
 #86319  by Sad Din
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:52 pm
well, there it is..... counselors are standing by for calls

Havent seen too many offers for Whitt. With this opening, would he be starting PG? Changes that scenario alot

sign that CBR is moving on?

#86330  by FUBF24
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:57 pm
Losing JP hurts, but it seems like we had too much talent to know how to work with it. From what I've heard, Bronson and Humphries have AMAZING potential. Maybe they can step in and contribute immediately, especially after learning from the system for a year now. Just don't know why JP would hit the portal, he is a Furman legend at this point and to see him hit the portal after his friend PJay Smith joined Furman a year ago is just odd to me.

Here's my foreseeable lineup now I guess:

PG: PJay Smith (like him better at SG)
SG: Alex Williams
SF: Ben Vanderwal
PF: Tyrese Hughey or Garrett Hien
C: Cooper Bowser

Gonna miss you JP, hope Bob stays too.
 #86331  by apaladin
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:04 pm
Knew that was coming. He will get a big raise from a bigger school. Cannot blame him. Just hate the way things are in college sports these days and it is only going to get worse. Again just thankful for that one special year we had last year.
 #86340  by purplehorse123
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:46 pm
Dang! Other than CBR leaving, Pegues is the one player we could not afford to lose. Yep he was a stud and I believe one of the best guards to ever play at Furman. He had a remarkable So Conf tourney last year and a great senior season this year. I wish him the best. What a catch for somebody!
 #86342  by jesse174
 Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:54 pm
FUBF24 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:57 pm
Losing JP hurts, but it seems like we had too much talent to know how to work with it. From what I've heard, Bronson and Humphries have AMAZING potential. Maybe they can step in and contribute immediately, especially after learning from the system for a year now. Just don't know why JP would hit the portal, he is a Furman legend at this point and to see him hit the portal after his friend PJay Smith joined Furman a year ago is just odd to me.

Here's my foreseeable lineup now I guess:

PG: PJay Smith (like him better at SG)
SG: Alex Williams
SF: Ben Vanderwal
PF: Tyrese Hughey or Garrett Hien
C: Cooper Bowser

Gonna miss you JP, hope Bob stays too.
PJ may be going as well..when does this stop...hopefully we will have enough players left to field a team next year

Recent Topics

User avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by apaladin

Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:18 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:31 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:19 am

User avatar Finally it is over!

by sluggo

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:50 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.