• Furman vs. Virginia (March 16th 12:40pm Orlando, FL)

#68855  by tya1
 Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:16 pm
Hard to get respect and fly under the radar at the same time. I prefer getting some respect. We are still clear underdogs. Jay Bilas still favors Virginia. Of course his ACC bias demands that he picks the Cavs, especially since they just lost a close one to his Dukies.
 #68866  by FurmAlum
 Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:03 am
Call me superstitious but it makes me nervous that we are getting so much respect. Maybe better to be dissed? I don't know. I appreciate the recognition but UVA seems to be taking us pretty serious as well they should.

Which I bring up because the other SoCon teams got no respect from the NIT. I'm no Sammy, UNCG, or Chatty fan but at least one of those teams should be in the NIT.

One thing is for sure. The Paladins will come out breathing fire on Thur. afternoon. I just hope they can keep the adrenaline in check and channel their emotions in a positive way. I have confidence that Coach R has a plan for that.

I would expect him to go to the bench early and get all 9 players feet wet and see who has the hot hand. Both, Slaw, and Pegues won't be out long, though, unless somebody gets in foul trouble.

Will we see the full court press? Maybe, but prob just in spurts and/or saved for the second half.

I don't really know enough about UVA other than speeding them up is going to be a challenge and they play tough D.

I like our chances and I will be there.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #68869  by Bootie
 Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 am
I’m a wee bit excited. I wouldn’t mind us having ”flown under the radar” as others have said, but the cat is out of the bag on how good this team is, and after 40 years of being ignored as a serious threat, I’m quite okay with people finally taking the Paladins seriously.

Also… Prof John Harris and his FU prediculation machine have been churning some good numbers…

FU Hoopla liked this
 #68878  by The Jackal
 Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:43 am
stonemd wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:46 am
https://www.basketballforcoaches.com/pack-line-defense/

Interesting article on packline defense
Interesting write up.

I’m no basketball guru, but it seems like this style of play is susceptible to a team like Furman - a team that can move the ball well and shoot it on the perimeter.

Even if we go cold, UVA doesn’t seem like its tempo will increase much and might give us an opportunity to endure a run where the ball isn’t falling.

Recent Topics

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:55 pm

Default Avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by tya1

Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:08 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:55 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:55 pm

User avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by apaladin

Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:43 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.