• Owen Ritgar

#90064  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:14 am
Lefty with a nice shot from midrange and deep. Welcomed addition to the program. Three down two more to go.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #90066  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:15 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:14 am
Lefty with a nice shot from midrange and deep. Welcomed addition to the program. Three down two more to go.
Indeed, might be saving those for a couple transfers to bring into the fold next summer and keep the team older...
 #90085  by tya1
 Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:19 pm
After watching some highlights, my quick comparison is that Ritgar looks like a slightly taller, heavier version of Geoff Beans - gets his shot off quickly with a good release position. I would say he is a high post/low post player more than a wing. Didn't see any drives from the wing in the highlights. Good passer. Good footwork. 15 listed offers on Verbal Commits - all of them since May. Offers from three other SoCon schools. Always like beating out the competition for talent. The others offered first, but obviously he was waiting for a better offer.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #90097  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:53 pm
I like how each players commitment post is a little different...
One players post features the State of SC, one players features the city of Gville, and one players post features the campus of FU...
All 3 vitale points for the program...
 #90102  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:29 pm
I agree Hoopla. It is cool to see all aspects of the program including the non basketball ones to be featured.

Tya1 hit the nail on the head when comparing Ritgar. I do think Ritgar is a much better prospect then Beans ever was. Ritgar does have a nice shot from deep that could stretch the floor.
FU Hoopla, Fuonetime liked this
 #90280  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:40 pm
Good sign that everybody we got to commit has plenty other D1 offers, I remember when some guys we were getting had only 1 or 2 other D1 offers...
dornb, furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.