Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm
forgot Nic Anderson.. he could be the other option
Nick
And he is 100% a SG
 #87385  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:42 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:01 pm

Bet we are trying hard for Teel right now, hope we can get him...
 #87389  by PaladinPower
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:27 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG
Don't see the point in getting into semantics about this. Mike Bothwell was recruited out of high school as a shooting guard. He brought the ball down the court hundreds of times and knew how to dribble and handle the ball. With FU's Princeton style/position-less way of play, it's really just guards and forwards. Just take care of the ball. With that being said, 1000% need another guard that can be a floor general and finding the open guy as I bet PJay will be taking a lot of shots.
 #87395  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG
Don't see the point in getting into semantics about this. Mike Bothwell was recruited out of high school as a shooting guard. He brought the ball down the court hundreds of times and knew how to dribble and handle the ball. With FU's Princeton style/position-less way of play, it's really just guards and forwards. Just take care of the ball. With that being said, 1000% need another guard that can be a floor general and finding the open guy as I bet PJay will be taking a lot of shots.

The semantics? LOL

Nick Anderson is a shooter, not a ball handler, he will not be bringing the ball up the court very much if at all like MIKE BOTHWELL (who had good handles), it's pretty simple...

So yeah we need another PG, that's why I am sure we are after Samage Teel hard amongst others...
 #87396  by Sad Din
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG

The semantics? LOL

Nick Anderson is a shooter, not a ball handler, he will not be bringing the ball up the court very much if at all like MIKE BOTHWELL (who had good handles), it's pretty simple...

So yeah we need another PG, that's why I am sure we are after Samage Teel hard amongst others...
yep there are still good players and PGs going into the portal. U gotta think they if they xfer its to be the starting PG. Out of 330 D1 teams, lets say that 150 of them are good enough for them to xfer to. Of those 150, the majoriy have their PG already. Thats leaves many transfer PG left for a few open slots.

Gonna be interestin to see the end result
 #87397  by PaladinPower
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG

The semantics? LOL

Totally agree about needing another guard and floor general. I actually wrote that in the post if you read it. You're just very hung up on a label of shooting guard, which Bothwell was also listed as. Just trying to say it's not as if PJay is the only one capable of dribbling a ball like you're trying to suggest in the thread. They'll get another guard, hopefully two.
 #87401  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG

The semantics? LOL

Totally agree about needing another guard and floor general. I actually wrote that in the post if you read it. You're just very hung up on a label of shooting guard, which Bothwell was also listed as. Just trying to say it's not as if PJay is the only one capable of dribbling a ball like you're trying to suggest in the thread. They'll get another guard, hopefully two.

It's got nothing to do with the label shooting guard and everything to do with the fact he is a shooter...
You can't compare Bothwell to Anderson, two very different players...

Did frontcourt player Jalen Slawson bring the ball up for us some, yep!
Did frontcourt player Hien bring the ball up for us, not really!

Everything is not created equal in the grand scheme as we all know and the offense will need to adjust every year accordingly...

Yes we agree we need a guard let's leave it at that, hopefully we find a good one... The main 2 reason's we need another proven guard is #1 depth, and #2 if we don't pressing teams are going to kill us lol...
 #87405  by PaladinPower
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG

The semantics? LOL

It's got nothing to do with the label shooting guard and everything to do with the fact he is a shooter...

Everything is not created equal in the grand scheme as we all know and the offense will need to adjust every year accordingly...

Yes we agree we need a guard let's leave it at that, hopefully we find a good one... The main 2 reason's we need another proven guard is #1 depth, and #2 if we don't pressing teams are going to kill us lol...
Unfair comparison and you should know that :lol: Slawson was a point forward who got drafted into the NBA! Bothwell is a pro and we don't know what NA really is other than a sharpshooter because his highlights are just 3s. Which is awesome for FU. But I guarantee a D1 GUARD can DRIBBLE if he needed to and that's all I'm saying.
 #87406  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
PaladinPower wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Nick
And he is 100% a SG

The semantics? LOL

Unfair comparison and you should know that :lol: Slawson was a point forward who got drafted into the NBA! Bothwell is a pro and we don't know what NA really is other than a sharpshooter because his highlights are just 3s. Which is awesome for FU. But I guarantee a D1 GUARD can DRIBBLE if he needed to and that's all I'm saying.

And we go on and on and on lol...
The comparison was obviously made to illustrate a point...
Comparing Anderson to Bothwell is an equally unfair comparison... (one is catch and shoot while the other was a playmaker)
Yes we know NA can dribble a basketball, however I am talking about skilled BALL HANDLES that is still a need for us ;)
 #87423  by Sad Din
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm
latest...

Luke Anderson who was at the Timmons event going to JMU

Tavares going to CofC

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUBeAR

Sat May 04, 2024 7:34 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm

Default Avatar Absence dulls the spring

by Affirm

Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am

User avatar Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

by apaladin

Sat May 04, 2024 11:00 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.