• Off-season SOCON Transfer Tracker

#87390  by FUBeAR
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:22 am
The NCAA now says you can transfer any time and be immediately eligible as long as you are in good standing academically which of course means nothing. Does this mean that players can transfer during the season?
There is a lot of fault with the NCAA, but in it's defense, they have fought many of the new transfer and NIL rules, losing in court every single time.
The NCAA, which is really to say…the Presidents (CEO’s, by any name/title) of P5 institutions, due to their own greed, lack of foresight, and inability to hire capable executive leadership, lost control of collegiate athletics.

As soon as anyone started talking about money in the high 6 / low 7 figures (for anything related to college athletics), they should have anticipated lawyers coming for that money and proactively adapted their business model to prevent the complete abdication (or seizure, depending upon your perspective) of control of that for which they were responsible. But…infinite greed, zero foresight, and incompetent leadership prevented ‘the NCAA’ from saving itself.

There is no “defense” for them. Starting to play prevent defense when you are already down 3 scores merits no measure of positive acknowledgement.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #87391  by FUBeAR
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:14 am
*next temporary billet
 #87409  by apaladin
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:34 pm
The basketball portal closes next Wednesday May 1st. Currently there are over 1,900 players in the portal. That is over 5 per D1 team. :shock:
Last edited by apaladin on Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #87413  by FurmanFan23
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 pm
Can someone explain to me what happens to the guys that don’t get an offer. Can they go back to their team if they didn’t give out the scholarship?
 #87414  by Monday
 Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:52 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:Can someone explain to me what happens to the guys that don’t get an offer. Can they go back to their team if they didn’t give out the scholarship?
Not if his prior team has filled the scholarship vacancy. Then he's S.O.L.

This is one reason some players have announced, tested the waters, then quickly jumped back to their team. It's partly a game of musical chairs, partly a blind cash grab.

I'm sure a cottage industry of "Portal Advisors" is already popping up.
 #87418  by Furmanoid
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am
I suspect a large % of these kids have little to zero interest in going to college and by 19 or 20, they're pretty burned out on basketball too. Unless they're treated just right at the perfect program, they're ready to hang it up. And they can tell the folks at home they got shafted in the portal instead of just admitting they just quit.
 #87419  by Furmanoid
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 am
I suspect a large % of these kids have little to zero interest in going to college and by 19 or 20, they're pretty burned out on basketball too. Unless they're treated just right at the perfect program, they're ready to hang it up. And they can tell the folks at home they got shafted in the portal instead of just admitting they just quit.
 #87424  by Sad Din
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 pm
There are some good players in the portal and u gotta think the good ones have an idea of where they will pick up offers and at least have a "safety" school in mind

SD thinks there are other players that 1. have graduated and are looking for a free grad opportunity 2. dont play much and what to play (remember like Pugh, Repass, etc) 3. Other reasons such as dont get along wih the coaches or some other personal reason
 #87456  by Paul C
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:53 pm
Guards
PJay
Jalen Sullinger
Eddrin Bronson
Nick Anderson

Forwards
Tyrese Hughey
Tom House
Tommy Humphries
Ben Vanderwal
Charles Johnston
Davis Molnar

Centers
Garrett Hein
Cooper Bowser

HS Commits
Mason Smith

That's 13....
 #87465  by Monday
 Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:54 pm
Unless you know something I don’t I’m pretty sure he’s not coming. At least what my source has let me know
Better check those sources, FurmanFan23, they may be feeding you a red herring.

Or, maybe, you're the misleading one??????!!!! Who do you work for????!!!!!!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild...

by Sad Din

Sun May 05, 2024 3:40 pm

Default Avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by Furmanoid

Sun May 05, 2024 2:48 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm

Default Avatar Absence dulls the spring

by Affirm

Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

User avatar 2024 opponents

by FUBeAR

Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.