• Final Thoughts/Questions Before Season

#78337  by FurmanFan23
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:46 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:18 am
I was here for the Joe Williams days too. Those were good times, but I did not know the coaches and players personally like I do now. I enjoy what we have now much more. For me, it is about living in the moment, enjoying every minute of what we have going. That is why last year was such a joy. I didn’t care about the next game. Just let me live the game I am attending or watching on tv. Life is too short to be concerned about whether or not we make it to the Big Dance. At 66, being present in the moment is my plan. I fail sometimes, but something always gets me back to the moment. We are witnessing the best Furman basketball has to offer. This team gives me much pleasure, so I choose to support them with all I have. See you good folks in 13 days. Go Paladins!
Same here RB. Couldnt have said it better
dornb liked this
 #78338  by Jasper
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:47 am
Why is the poster being vilified on this board simply because he said he did not think the FU basketball team would be going to the NCAA tournament this year? It's his opinion and does not warrant his being called "not a true Furman fan" or a secret fan of some other school. That is simply ridiculous. The Furman basketball team lost two of its best players and we have no idea of how well they will be replaced. WCU for one is a real threat in the SOCON and is being picked by some to win the league. Who knows what other surprise team there may be? What is utterly ridiculous is people predicting undefeated seasons and NCAA championships. Fan boards are for open discussion and not just unrealistic adoration. I don't see where Choir Boy deserves any of this hostile bullshit. He just answered for himself pretty well. I dont blame him.
furpep, Choir Boy liked this
 #78339  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:50 am
Jasper wrote:
Why is the poster being vilified on this board simply because he said he did not think the FU basketball team would be going to the NCAA tournament this year? It's his opinion and does not warrant his being called "not a true Furman fan" or a secret fan of some other school. That is simply ridiculous. The Furman basketball team lost two of its best players and we have no idea of how well they will be replaced. WCU for one is a real threat in the SOCON and is being picked by some to win the league. Who knows what other surprise team there may be? What is utterly ridiculous is people predicting undefeated seasons and NCAA championships. Fan boards are for open discussion and not just unrealistic adoration. I don't see where Choir Boy deserves any of this hostile bullshit. He just answered for himself pretty well. I dont blame him.

Anyone that does not show up at all last year but wants to show up now and talk shit like he is deserves to be vilified!
The clown said:
" Get ready for another long drought of FU going to the big dance."

100% equals a troll and not a Furman fan buddy ;)

If you think 31-0 prediction was anything other than a joke then I am sorry for you :lol:
Roundball liked this
 #78375  by Jasper
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:00 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Jasper wrote:

Anyone that does not show up at all last year but wants to show up now and talk shit like he is deserves to be vilified!
The clown said:

If you think 31-0 prediction was anything other than a joke then I am sorry for you :lol:
What you are is a judgmental, mean-spirited pathetic jerk without a life who has nothing to do but clutter this board with nonsensical cheerleading posts and take attendance. Apparently, you think anyone who doesn't post incessantly does not have a right to post whenever they care to. Unfortunately, you are not alone and in my opinion are ruining this already diminished board. There are a few intelligent and well-informed posters on here that I enjoy reading but it just isn't worth it to me to put up with the presence of so many pathetic boors who wouldn't know a basketball from a marble. I have had enough. Stick your pom poms up your ass!
Choir Boy liked this
 #78376  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:06 pm
Jasper wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:00 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Jasper wrote:

The clown said:

What you are is a judgmental, mean-spirited pathetic jerk without a life who has nothing to do but clutter this board with nonsensical cheerleading posts and take attendance. Apparently, you think anyone who doesn't post incessantly does not have a right to post whenever they care to. Unfortunately, you are not alone and in my opinion are ruining this already diminished board. There are a few intelligent and well-informed posters on here that I enjoy reading but it just isn't worth it to me to put up with the presence of so many pathetic boors who wouldn't know a basketball from a marble. I have had enough. Stick your pom poms up your ass!

You're clueless...... All you post is drivel......
Other than this last sentence here I will not waste any more time with a clown like you ;)
 #78393  by cavedweller2
 Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:48 pm
Choir Boy said and I paraphrase that he lost interest when we sucked real bad. I too lost interest. I am back interested now but with zero expectations. I am enjoying the ride. I know people who were die hard/ never missed a game back to pre Joe Williams days who too lost interest when we sucked for so long and they still haven’t come back.
Choir Boy liked this