• Freshman Predictions

#71897  by FurmanFan23
 Fri May 19, 2023 12:56 pm
This is by far the best incoming class out of any socon teams. All of the other teams classes are mediocre to sub par. The only one that gets remotely close to this one’s is Sanford’s
FU Hoopla liked this
 #71899  by FU Hoopla
 Fri May 19, 2023 1:03 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:56 pm
This is by far the best incoming class out of any socon teams. All of the other teams classes are mediocre to sub par. The only one that gets remotely close to this one’s is Sanford’s
Plus we return 7 of our 9 man rotation from this past season, so not as much pressure will be placed on the 6 newcomers (2 redshirted, 1 transfer, 3 true freshmen). Some other SoCon squads don't get that luxury.
 #71907  by tya1
 Fri May 19, 2023 7:01 pm
Two separate questions. Who has the best group of freshmen and which group of freshmen will contribute the most. Any freshmen who play for the Paladins will have earned it. Bothwell was 8th man as a freshman in playing time and scoring. Slawson was 10th in playing time and 11th in scoring.

Verbal Commits lists 9 freshman signees for VMI, and 6 for the Citadel. I suspect a lot of those guys will be getting headlines and earning all-freshman team spots. It is all about the playing time.

Is Samford's class that strong? They have 2 listed freshmen. Allenspach may very well be a starter but the other guy has a so-so offer sheet. ETSU has the freshman with the most highly prestigious offer sheet in the conference. He is their only current listed freshman. Chattanooga has 4 freshman and I think at least 1, maybe 2 will start.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #71927  by FurmanFan23
 Sun May 21, 2023 9:48 am
Samford class is that weak. In my opinion there is a wide gap bewteen the quality of players they brought in and ours. Allenspach will most likely start but I don’t believe him to be decent.