• Furman hoops is big time! How did we get here?

#57990  by Furmanoid
 Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:02 pm
GOAT wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:01 pm
The. 70’s were not good. They were great. Once upon a time we won at Clempson by 19 and then beat UNC and NC State in an 8 day period.
And we were cheating big time.
Is it cheating to hold in football? Yes.Does everybody do it? Yes. I think Joe Williams’ level of cheating was pretty pitiful compared
to what Dreisell, Sloan, Smith, McGuire etc were up to. So far as I know we have one guy claiming he was given $1K whether he came to FU or not. And that guy became a democrat congressman so he has no credibility.
 #57991  by MNORM
 Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:13 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
GOAT wrote:
apaladin wrote:
The. 70’s were not good. They were great. Once upon a time we won at Clempson by 19 and then beat UNC and NC State in an 8 day period.
Is it cheating to hold in football? Yes.Does everybody do it? Yes. I think Joe Williams’ level of cheating was pretty pitiful compared
to what Dreisell, Sloan, Smith, McGuire etc were up to. So far as I know we have one guy claiming he was given $1K whether he came to FU or not. And that guy became a democrat congressman so he has no credibility.

And we're off to general idiocy again.....
 #57996  by tim
 Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:34 pm
MNORM wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:13 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
GOAT wrote:
apaladin wrote:

And we're off to general idiocy again.....
Baron, Baron ....what has become of ye? He got beat I think.
 #57997  by tim
 Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:36 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
GOAT wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Don't forget Tates Locke, he wrote the book on that stuff
 #58006  by din23
 Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:59 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:14 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:55 am
bigpurple75 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:53 am
Glad I could crack you up. Probably the best thing that has happened to you in awhile. You are extremely cocky about a season which has not even occurred yet. I hope you are correct.

I am not cocky, anything can happen, but I am certainly excited :D
I am as excited as anyone but cautiously optimistic. Still think there are many questuons to be answered. Bothwell and Slawson show up every game. Who else is ready for that? Anyone on the team is capable of having a good game but who can join MB and JS and show up every game? We seem to have conveniently forgotten we lost 2 really good shooters both who are overseas playing professional ball.
Agreed. Replacing Hunter and Garrison as shooters will be very important for our offense to maintain spacing. If we don't have consistent bombers from 3, defenses can slough off and cut off drives, passing lanes, etc.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Roundball

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:46 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:09 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by AstroDin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:36 pm

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:27 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.