• Two Deep ?

#90136  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:55 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:30 pm
Was thinking today that when I go to the game Saturday I am going to need a roster for the first time in 2 years. Last year pretty much knew all the names and numbers for the 2 deep on both sides of the ball. This year I might know the numbers and names of 5-6 players and that might be pushing it. Of course that will change as the year unfolds. Just feels odd. What a difference a year makes. At least we have a 2 deep this week.

Where is the two deep ??? Mine still says Ole Miss when I go to Furmanpaladins.com / sports / football / schedule … and then “more +” and mine still lists the Furman v Ole Miss game notes ??????

maybe someone could give me a linky or URL ? as somehow it is not working for me
 #90139  by Roundball
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:57 am
gofurman wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 1:55 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:30 pm
Was thinking today that when I go to the game Saturday I am going to need a roster for the first time in 2 years. Last year pretty much knew all the names and numbers for the 2 deep on both sides of the ball. This year I might know the numbers and names of 5-6 players and that might be pushing it. Of course that will change as the year unfolds. Just feels odd. What a difference a year makes. At least we have a 2 deep this week.

Where is the two deep ??? Mine still says Ole Miss when I go to Furmanpaladins.com / sports / football / schedule … and then “more +” and mine still lists the Furman v Ole Miss game notes ??????

maybe someone could give me a linky or URL ? as somehow it is not working for me
https://furmanpaladins.com/documents/20 ... _Notes.pdf
 #90140  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:48 am
Didn't post a two deep last week and lost by 76. Glad we fixed this.

Lot of guys earning on their stripes out there now. On a positive note, they'll all be veterans by the time Samford rolls into town.
 #90141  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:18 am
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:48 am
Didn't post a two deep last week and lost by 76. Glad we fixed this.

Lot of guys earning on their stripes out there now. On a positive note, they'll all be veterans by the time Samford rolls into town.
Jackal, EXACTLY. certain things have mojo. First time I have ever not seen a two deep.. first time I have seen us lose by 76 and so embarrassingly the coaches dropped us from 9 to 16 !! (though I really don't think we deserved that !)

I did hear rumblings of why we didn't have a two deep yet last week. But glad to see one this week.
 #90142  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:23 am
Jackal, THANKS !!!

this path is where i have gone for YEARS to get the two deep - where are you getting the one you linked me to?? So I can try to find it myself going forward

I always go to furmanpaladins.com / Sports / Football / "More+" / "Furman vs XYZ team notes (pdf)

But right now mine STILL shows Furman vs Ole Miss no matter how I login etc... which is funny becuase we didn't have one for Ole Miss

again, Thank you ! What path are you clicking on to get the latest two deep
 #90147  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:09 am
I didn't link you to anything, and then link you want is posted in the thread.
 #90162  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:34 pm
GF click on game notes and scroll down until you see the 2 deep.
 #90171  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:58 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 10:09 am
I didn't link you to anything, and then link you want is posted in the thread.
Right, but your link must have come from Somewhere. A place that I didn't have.. until just now. FINALLY, I went to my

furmanpaladins.com / Sports / Football / "More+" / "Furman vs XYZ team notes (pdf) ...

*and only now has mine changed from Ole Miss to Charleston Southern. SOMEHOW, you all had the updated link a day prior to me. Must be user error. LOL - seriously, that makes no sense. I have been doing this for 20 years and only today has it not worked... . until just this minute mine updated. As of this morning the game notes still were the Ole Miss game notes when I updated at furmanpaladins.com

Regardless, I APPRECIATE your link !!!
Last edited by gofurman on Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #90173  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
AP thanks, that is what I was asking for. However, my link "game notes" was still Ole Miss until just now on Thursday afternoon.

*When did yours change over to Charleston Southern game notes???
 #90174  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:09 pm
Does anyone else see the weird "TM" mark by the player on the 2 deep? Is that just extraneous or meaningful?
 #90176  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:12 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:09 pm
Does anyone else see the weird "TM" mark by the player on the 2 deep? Is that just extraneous or meaningful?
I saw that too
 #90182  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:59 pm
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:
AP thanks, that is what I was asking for. However, my link "game notes" was still Ole Miss until just now on Thursday afternoon.

Yesterday i guess you know you have to click on the game notes beside the team on the schedule. “Csu game notes”.
 #90188  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:27 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:59 pm
gofurman wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Yesterday i guess you know you have to click on the game notes beside the team on the schedule. “Csu game notes”.
That's probably my answer ... thank you !! going to ...

SCHEDULE / "get on the line that goes with CSU" / pick "Furman vs CSU game notes"

basically ya'll were going to the SCHEDULE and I was going to "MORE+" - which now has the CSU game notes but a day later. thank you

Thank Jackal and AP here !
 #90189  by FUwolfpacker
 Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:35 am
Couple of things about the depth chart since we didn't get to talk about this last week...

The things that jumped out to me were Lamb starting over Wilson, Hester making the 2 deep over some older guys, and Javaris Jones as the back up at spur.

I kind of always figured Lamb would be the inside swing lineman to play either guard or center spot if something happened since Wilson started 4 games at RG last year.

There was plenty of talk about Hester playing a good bit this year, but I figured it would mostly be special teams. Seeing him crack the 2 deep over some other WRs definitely caught my eye.

The spur/safety position obviously was hit hard when Hartwell and Burrell were lost to start the year. Perkins makes a lot of sense there since he has experience there and he's likely the 3rd or 4th corner like Chizik was last year. I know we're a little thin in the secondary, but was surprised to see Javaris Jones at the back up spot. Not necessarily because I don't think he's a good player, but I kind of thought they may go with Kobuszewski or Babin as mentioned in the position preview.

We are light on seniors this year, but if you look at the depth chart (and include Maier), I think we're only going to have like 9 seniors on the 2 deep next year (Maier, Hartwell, Robinson, Hicks, Ferguson, Lamb, Petit, Achina, Williams) Of course that is assuming everyone comes back. There will be a lot more juniors and sophomores with good amount of experience.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUATT

Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:23 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by FUBF24

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:18 pm

Default Avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FUBF24

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:15 pm

Default Avatar A favor - Paul C and Gman84

by gofurman

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:07 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:55 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.