• Cluck Femson.

#83562  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:43 pm
They still have the horseshoe up their butt. I wish someone who knows a lot more about football than I do why is it the norm on third and long to not rush the passer? Ky had them 3rd and 18 on their last drive and rushed 3 giving the qb all day to wait for a receiver to get open. Remember the end of the Ala/Aub game?
Davemeister, Stumpy liked this
 #83563  by Roundball
 Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:14 pm
Is it strange that so many on this board complain about the new state of college football but hate all things Dabo, even though he does it old school and the right way?
MidlandsPaladin, MNORM liked this
 #83565  by Jasper
 Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:53 pm
Good point. Very good. Want me to take a wild guess?
 #83566  by Bootie
 Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:55 pm
Jasper wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:53 pm
Good point. Very good. Want me to take a wild guess?
I’d like to hear what is on your mind.
 #83570  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:53 pm
Has nothing to do with Dabo, the team or Clemson itself.
 #83573  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:23 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:14 pm
Is it strange that so many on this board complain about the new state of college football but hate all things Dabo, even though he does it old school and the right way?
Good take. I sometimes like when they lose but..

Dabo doesn’t live in the transfer portal. AT ALL vs old incarnate word / Texas State guy .. or most any FBS team. Heck Dabo gets serious heat to use the portal and to date has resisted. Tre Lamb at ETSU has used it WAY more. Why not hate on Tre Lamb?

I’m not a Clemson fan. Hear that. But from all appearances Dabo is one of the cleanest most successful coaches in the country. especially vs most of the SEC coaches etc. (Though Kirby Smart seems pretty clean. Anyway from an ethics standpoint I think Dabo is a top notch coach - and again, I’m not a Clemson fan. Nephew worked at sandwich shop and met Dabo about 5 times. Said always super friendly. Take a pic. Etc. His Bama buddy said Saban was known in Tuscaloosa for almost never doing that stuff.

Heck. What about Hugh Freeze and cheating in wife/ Adultery etc etc. So many like that. Dabo seems squeaky clean

How bout that Rick Pitino !

Or Bobby Petrino!

I get it. I assume the over coverage of Clemson on tv everyday wears us down- even on Greenville TV. I understand as familiarity breeds contempt
 #83616  by Roundball
 Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:07 pm
Sir William wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:03 pm
As apaladin said, it’s got nothing to do with Dabo, the team or the school.
Okay, I give up. What is the reason? Surely it is not because of the local media coverage.
 #83641  by Jasper
 Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:29 am
Bootie wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:43 pm
I like Dabo. I like dem tigers.
What's not to like? The man has been extremely successful and runs a clean program. The problem is some "fans" seem to think that in order to root for their selected or alma maters team, they have to dislike or even hate any other team and anyone associated with them. In Clemson's case, that is increased by proximity, media coverage, etc. In the case of FU, disliking Wofford makes a lot more sense then CU. Apples to apples, etc.
Bootie liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.