• Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

#83271  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:16 pm
Furman updated their roster to the 2024 version.

I believe the roster has removed the players that have exhausted their eligibility or are legitimately gone to other pastures.

Still on the roster are those individuals have announced entry into the portal, but have not transferred. So, that's the crowd that could theoretically return.
 #83273  by FUBeAR
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:

I believe the roster has removed the players that have exhausted their eligibility or are legitimately gone to other pastures.

Still on the roster are those individuals have announced entry into the portal, but have not transferred. So, that's the crowd that could theoretically return.
Down to 90 from 129.

DL Jack Barton is in portal, has not announced a commitment, and he is off the roster. Same with OLmen Toomey & Hughes.

So…Seems there might be some internal certainty/uncertainty regarding different Players’ status/decision processes
 #83275  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:43 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:

Down to 90 from 129.

DL Jack Barton is in portal, has not announced a commitment, and he is off the roster. Same with OLmen Toomey & Hughes.

So…Seems there might be some internal certainty/uncertainty regarding different Players’ status/decision processes

For whatever it is worth, Micah Robinson, Ivan Yates, and Luke Clark are all still on the roster.

Not saying they will stay, but it's happened a few times that a player has entered the portal and then decided the grass isn't necessarily greener.
 #83281  by apaladin
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:42 pm
M. Robinson, Hughes and Toomey are not on the 2024 roster asof now. I count 40 departures, listed Alphabetically:
ADEBAYO BAN GR
ANDERSON, JR WR GR
ASHBY LS SR
BARTON DE R-SR
BELL WR SR
BLACKSHEAR CB GR
BRINSON SS R-SR
CANNON WR R-JR
CAPITANO WR SR
CHIZIK SPUR R-SR
COOK NG GR
COOLEY PK SR
DEAN WR GR
GILBY ILB GR
GUNN WR SR
HAMER CB SR
HUFF QB GR
HUGHES OG/C R-SR
JOHANNING C/OG R-SR
KUZEMKA ILB R-SR
LEAVY P R-JR
LEPVREAU PK R-JR
MCCORMICK ILB R-SR
MILLER SPUR R-SR
PLINE TE GR
RHODES FS SR
RICHARDS SPUR SR
ROBERTO RB GR
ROBINSON CB R-JR
ROGERS DE R-SR
RYAN FS R-SR
SCIANNA ILB R-SR
SHIFLETT WR GR
SOCHOVKA DT GR
THOMAS RB R-JR
TOOMEY OT R-SR
VINCENT DT FR
VOLLMER OG/C GR
WATSON QB R-JR
YOUNGBLOOD TE R-JR
 #83282  by FUBeAR
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
M. Robinson, Hughes and Toomey are not on the 2024 roster asof now. I count 40 departures, listed Alphabetically:
ADEBAYO BAN GR
ANDERSON, JR WR GR
ASHBY LS SR
BARTON DE R-SR
BELL WR SR
BLACKSHEAR CB GR
BRINSON SS R-SR
CANNON WR R-JR
CAPITANO WR SR
CHIZIK SPUR R-SR
COOK NG GR
COOLEY PK SR
DEAN WR GR
GILBY ILB GR
GUNN WR SR
HAMER CB SR
HUFF QB GR
HUGHES OG/C R-SR
JOHANNING C/OG R-SR
KUZEMKA ILB R-SR
LEAVY P R-JR
LEPVREAU PK R-JR
MCCORMICK ILB R-SR
MILLER SPUR R-SR
PLINE TE GR
RHODES FS SR
RICHARDS SPUR SR
ROBERTO RB GR
ROBINSON CB R-JR
ROGERS DE R-SR
RYAN FS R-SR
SCIANNA ILB R-SR
SHIFLETT WR GR
SOCHOVKA DT GR
THOMAS RB R-JR
TOOMEY OT R-SR
VINCENT DT FR
VOLLMER OG/C GR
WATSON QB R-JR
YOUNGBLOOD TE R-JR
M. Robinson was on there @ 12:37 PM when FUBeAR checked/posted…and one would suspect @ 12:43 PM when Jackal posted.

You are correct, though. Boys & girls, Mr. Robinson has now left his neighborhood.
 #83283  by FUwolfpacker
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:15 pm
I've been keeping a table of each player on scholarship at each position and their year/RS status. After updating the list, I feel like there several spots we're going to need to add a transfer for depth at minimum. I feel like I listed this somewhere before but I can't remember so here we go again.

RB, TE, OL, DT, CB, FS, SS, and maybe LS depending on how the coaches feel about Meyers and Hefner

With Thomas moving on and the injury situation with Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to add someone. Chances are we won't have as much bad luck here next year, but we might be without Smith to start the year (I honestly don't know, just heard it was a bad injury) and that would leave us with Robinson, Hicks, and Hall. Probably need another piece.

Mentioned before that we need another TE with some weight given our scheme. Players being followed by Verna in the portal would indicate that we're looking for a guy here.

OL. I think we could be ok here, but based on Verna's follows, we're likely looking for at least 1 guy here to bolster the game experience of this group. Happy to still see Norman on the roster

DT. Given how much we rotate, I think we have to get a guy here. Stanfield is our only scholarship player left here. Harrison could move over and Dudek has played some. I could also see Knauber being a great fit here similar to Sochovka but he'll still be a true freshman. I think he's going to play, but adding a depth piece wouldn't hurt. Similar to adding Stephens 2 years ago.

CB. A lot of talent waiting in the wings here. Will probably depend on what the coaches have seen in practice, but adding a guy who has played a few years wouldn't hurt. Even if he was just a depth piece. That's all assuming Yates does not come back.

FS and SS. I believe the starters are already on the roster in Burrell and Williams. But besides McLeod (who's had injury issues correct?), that's all we have as far as scholarship guys go. Feels like we need at least 1 depth player here if not 2. At least one of the freshmen will likely slot into these spots as well. My guess is Logan.

LS. We have 2 guys on the roster, so we'll likely see one of them get the job. Seeing Verna follow two guys that list LS as their position did make me wonder if we might see what's available.

I honestly have no clue what we'll do at Spur. I don't think we have a scholarship player left on the roster who's played there except Achina.
 #83291  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:27 pm
I think when Hendrix arrived, the SPUR was meant to be a hybrid safety/linebacker. With Chizik, it essentially became a nickel corner.

The SPUR is essentially a swiss army knife in our defense. He's going to be asked to do just about everything.

Against VMI, when we pulled our primary guys, our two CBs were Moson and Gummer, I think. So, if those two end up being our primary CBs next season, maybe guys like Ingram or Dalton are guys looked at for SPUR.
 #83303  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:08 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
ADEBAYO BAN GR
ANDERSON, JR WR GR
ASHBY LS SR
BARTON DE R-SR
BELL WR SR
BLACKSHEAR CB GR
BRINSON SS R-SR
CANNON WR R-JR
CAPITANO WR SR
CHIZIK SPUR R-SR
COOK NG GR
COOLEY PK SR
DEAN WR GR
GILBY ILB GR
GUNN WR SR
HAMER CB SR
HUFF QB GR
HUGHES OG/C R-SR
JOHANNING C/OG R-SR
KUZEMKA ILB R-SR
LEAVY P R-JR
LEPVREAU PK R-JR
MCCORMICK ILB R-SR
MILLER SPUR R-SR
PLINE TE GR
RHODES FS SR
RICHARDS SPUR SR
ROBERTO RB GR
ROBINSON CB R-JR
ROGERS DE R-SR
RYAN FS R-SR
SCIANNA ILB R-SR
SHIFLETT WR GR
SOCHOVKA DT GR
THOMAS RB R-JR
TOOMEY OT R-SR
VINCENT DT FR
VOLLMER OG/C GR
WATSON QB R-JR
YOUNGBLOOD TE R-JR
M. Robinson was on there @ 12:37 PM when FUBeAR checked/posted…and one would suspect @ 12:43 PM when Jackal posted.

You are correct, though. Boys & girls, Mr. Robinson has now left his neighborhood.
I thought Luke Clark was leaving ?

Recent Topics

User avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by FUeveryday

Fri May 31, 2024 2:18 pm

User avatar And WC wins the SoCon…

by Flagman

Fri May 31, 2024 10:30 am

User avatar DIVISION ONE

by apaladin

Thu May 30, 2024 8:25 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by cavedweller2

Thu May 30, 2024 6:41 pm

User avatar Changing times ...

by palafan

Thu May 30, 2024 4:42 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.