• These Are The Glory Days

#82367  by Mr. Taggart
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:34 am
I have been a Furman fan all my life, from rooting for my "Uncle" Robbie Caldwell coaching, to my favorite Laurens Coach, Jimmy Neal, to Bobby Lamb, through school days and for a quarter century more. Much of that time, I took for granted things like conference titles and playoffs. The lean years have humbled me, but they also have made me appreciate the wins more. Sitting in Chattanooga in 2001, I never thought that it would be 22 years until we saw the Griz again.

Today is the purplest of Purple Fridays, and I am excited to see what the men in white will do. That said, I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two years. Coach Hendrix and the Paladins have represented the University we love well, and these are rare feats.

Thank you to all for the great times my family has enjoyed these last years at Paladin Stadium and around the Socon.

FUATT! Skin the Griz!
MNORM, Bootie, FurmAlum and 7 others liked this
 #82370  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:52 am
Mr. Taggart wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:34 am
I have been a Furman fan all my life, from rooting for my "Uncle" Robbie Caldwell coaching, to my favorite Laurens Coach, Jimmy Neal, to Bobby Lamb, through school days and for a quarter century more. Much of that time, I took for granted things like conference titles and playoffs. The lean years have humbled me, but they also have made me appreciate the wins more. Sitting in Chattanooga in 2001, I never thought that it would be 22 years until we saw the Griz again.

Today is the purplest of Purple Fridays, and I am excited to see what the men in white will do. That said, I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two years. Coach Hendrix and the Paladins have represented the University we love well, and these are rare feats.

Thank you to all for the great times my family has enjoyed these last years at Paladin Stadium and around the Socon.

FUATT! Skin the Griz!
That’s bootiful, man, just bootiful.

For real!
Bootie liked this
 #82373  by fupaladin01
 Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:05 am
I feel exactly the same way Taggart. My Furman days were spent watching a solid team struggle in the playoffs at home (UMASS, Hofstra) and finally put a complete team together to cruch GSU and go to Chatty. A healthy FU team (Ivory, mainly) would have beaten the Griz that cold day in Cattanooga.

In the years that followed, I became a road warrior and watched truly great Paladin squads nearly beat Pitt and enjoyed the national media talking about Furman as a legit top 3 team. '04-'05 have been the high water mark for nearly 2 decades.

I sincerely hope this year is not a flash in the pan, but more an indicator of steady growth. Win or lose tonight, I hope this game signals that an 2004 or 2005 is right around the corner- if not here already.

Recent Topics

User avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by FUBeAR

Thu May 30, 2024 7:19 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by cavedweller2

Thu May 30, 2024 6:41 pm

User avatar Changing times ...

by palafan

Thu May 30, 2024 4:42 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by Flagman

Thu May 30, 2024 8:58 am

Default Avatar PreSeason Poll

by The Jackal

Thu May 30, 2024 6:51 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.