• Furman at Montana

#83161  by FUDude
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:09 pm
No idea but you could maybe find out the number on their site, even though most of the posters are dicks. Someone would probably know
 #83167  by Jasper
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:16 pm
FUDude wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:22 pm
Over the last few years I have made a personal decision to not listen to people that look like those two. About anything, look at them. They couldn't teach me anything about life, sports or health.

If they wanted to chat about weakness, low T or soccer I am sure I could pick up something since they look well versed on those subjects. Look at them.
They look like they might know a thing or two about inbreeding. KIM, these are the folks who willingly submit to being branded by the Duttons of Yellowstone.
 #83190  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:38 am

Hey Look - #9 from SDSU is giving the International Sign Language sign for “Mr. Official, though I clearly just blocked a Defender in the back, you are not allowed to call a penalty on me because I am giving this sign with my arms spread out,” on an SDSU PR TD.

This same signing technique worked wonderfully well for 4 Montana Players last Friday night on their PR TD.

Not sure why the Ref didn’t call the blindside block that happened right in front of him at the 39 yard line. That SDSU Player did not give the ‘Don’t call this foul’ sign after he committed this foul.

He needs to be taught the “sign” as do all Furman Players. Can you imagine the successes Paladin Return Teams will have next season now that we know the ‘Block-in-the-Back for FREE” sign?
 #83192  by FUBeAR
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:52 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:43 am
Montana had running into your back and throwing your hands up down to a science.
*their hands
 #83223  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:58 pm
POINTS matter as Jackal always tells me. Not yards, not turnovers, NOT PENALTIES MISSED.

They got more POINTS. They WON. Ask Bootie, let it go. LOL

JK - I will say the reason I hope they get their AZZ kicked by SDSU is Again (credit I guess) they won with a punt return saving their hide. CCH doesn't really believe in this - explosive punt returns - as several here have noted. He is just more conservative with "stop the ball from rolling further" theory. I do get this as I see several punt return fumbles every year. again, I get it. But in a game where points are at a premium we might want to try to return a punt.. and we did and it worked beautifully - in the Montana game late in the game Harris brought one back 10-15 yards and then the Montana guyy hit him CLEARLY late out of bounds for an extra 15 yards !! the return ended up worth about 30 yards when you included the penalty..

but I think as you get further in the playoffs every detail matters more. I think that is pretty "captain obvious".
Not having even a kickoff return to the opposite side of the field adds up over the year. That is one thing we just were Not good at this year. Hear me - that is One of the VERY VERY FEW things we were not good at in this Great year !!!. Getting a strong kickoff or punt return for ourselves. Could have saved us versus Wofford or Montana. Two games where yards were at a premium.

Needed to improve on that. Despite Montana getting away with infractions// why didn't we return a SINGLE kickoff to the opponent side of the field ALL YEAR ?? That's really kind of rare. Usually we get one to near the 50 but I don't think we did in this entire year.
 #83225  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:03 pm
Anyway, what a similar game tonight.

Punt return for TD by Montana. MISSED FG (and XP) by Montana - they missed two FGs versus us. Both misses versus us and the FG miss tonight were of the 40+ yard variety and fell short. That coulda cost them versus us or tonight. It is like that FG kicker cant get it 43 yards to the crossbar. odd.

Low scoring... though we defended the run MUCH BETTER. But very similar games.

Anyway very similar.

I am all in with SDSU next week. Montana proved we belong ... now their 3 OT (one versus us and two tonight and a lucky catch etc) selves need to get shown the door . Hope they lose by 25 in a depressing end to their year. I KNOW some of our prior 2001 players feel exactly the same. DOWN WITH MONTANA
 #83236  by Bootie
 Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:04 am
I was pulling for the Griz partly bc of the nice fans I encountered there, and partly bc I thought the NDSU coach announcing his departure before the season was over was a DB move. Then I saw the mugging in the end zone on the final play and got a lil angry at the Griz getting away with the non-call. I’m in a state of confusion.
FUBeAR liked this
 #83239  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:34 am
Bootie wrote:
I was pulling for the Griz partly bc of the nice fans I encountered there, and partly bc I thought the NDSU coach announcing his departure before the season was over was a DB move. Then I saw the mugging in the end zone on the final play and got a lil angry at the Griz getting away with the non-call. I’m in a state of confusion.
I think it's interference, but the TE initiates the contract trying to run block. He then tries to break away from the defender with whom he initiates the contact, and they both sort of yank one another.

Interestingly, I think this was the same, or close to the same, play Furman was going to run for their two point conversion attempt at the end of the game against Montana.

#83245  by FUBeAR
 Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:51 pm
Bootie wrote:
Exactly how FUBeAR felt the whole game!

Saw 3 blocks in backs (again) on their PR TD…(here’s 1 of them - MT #28 on NDSU #74 at the 7 yard line - obvious…uncalled)

2 more here - same PR TD - MT #36 wipes out NDSU #47 at the NDSU 45 YL between the hash and the numbers. And, MT #10 also blocks NDSU #31 in the back … unbelievable.

…and it’s just hard to pull for them when they beat NDSU the same way they beat Furman - sneakily getting away with major fouls that, if called, would have, almost certainly, changed the game.

A Furman Fan who posts here texted FUBeAR during the game sending this pic and texting that Montana’s Team Motto is…“Hands up. No flag!” (Kind of a riff on the ‘hands up. don’t shoot’ thing, FUBeAR thinks)
They do this constantly after committing a wide variety of (almost always uncalled) fouls. It’s really some strange ish…gotta give ‘em credit tho…seemed to work.
Doubt it? Go watch the games.
Bootie liked this
 #83252  by FUBeAR
 Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:41 pm
Just in case y’all weren’t able to see these 3 Montana Blocks-in-theBack on the Punt Return, good ol’ FUBeAR has a-screen-shotted ‘em for ya…

Heard there’s a bill in the Montana congress to change the State Motto from “Oro y Plata” to “Mis Manos Están en Alto. Sin Bandera!”
Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootie, bj93 liked this
 #83256  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:11 pm
Bootie wrote:
Plus all the calls Montana got away versus us. They have escaped three total OTs with some ref help. Just can’t pull for a team that blocks in the back ALL DAY !

Plus I know two 2001 FU players and both HATE Montana after our title game loss. I don’t think they could take a Montana title.

I get it makes us look better if Montana wins because means we were legitimately THAT CLOSE.

Either way doesn’t matter I would be surprised if SDSU didn’t win by 10+

Recent Topics

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by apaladin

Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:08 am

User avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by FUBeAR

Fri May 31, 2024 5:15 pm

User avatar And WC wins the SoCon…

by Flagman

Fri May 31, 2024 10:30 am

User avatar DIVISION ONE

by apaladin

Thu May 30, 2024 8:25 pm

User avatar Changing times ...

by palafan

Thu May 30, 2024 4:42 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.