• GEORGE QUARLES

#80944  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:18 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:36 pm
George is way too classy for that crowd. I hope they go winless for a century.
I agree with you. It is sad.
 #80953  by paladinfan12
 Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:27 pm
I don't see ETSU having the resources to really pay up for an improvement. Quarles was a great coach. Hope he can come back here in some capacity.
 #80961  by FUTex
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:58 am
Quarles is a great coach. The rumor I heard was ETSU did not have the resources to buy out Quarles and hire another coach. Guess my source was wrong.

I conjecture that a good fit for an ETSU coach would be a rough-edged, very demanding "boss" that expects his staff to be present 12 hours a day.
 #80966  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:57 am
paladinfan12 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:27 pm
I don't see ETSU having the resources to really pay up for an improvement. Quarles was a great coach. Hope he can come back here in some capacity.
I also wish he could return to FU, At least to Greenville / TR.
 #81057  by FurmAlum
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:47 pm
Firing a coach after only two years is completely idiotic. Who's going to want to go there now? What a low class piece of crap school. I hope they lose every game next year.

GQ was a good coach and a class act. Given the proper amount of time (4-5 years) he would have won at ETSU. It's just a sign of the times "what have you done for me lately".

No patience, no wisdom, no class. ETSU. East Tennessee's Sorriest University.
Choir Boy, FUBeAR, AstroDin and 3 others liked this
 #83067  by FurmAlum
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:20 pm
It was reported in the local paper here that George Quarles has been hired by APSU as the Tight Ends coach. APSU just recently lost their head coach to FBS UTEP. They hired, Jeff Farris, a UCLA assistant, who is from Knoxville, who I am sure knew Coach Quarles.

The story mentioned his outstanding high school coaching record at Maryville HS and also his Furman roots. It also noted that "he has extensive east Tennessee contacts" so he was hired for his recruiting skills as well as coaching skills.

This is a very good hire for APSU!
FUBeAR, dornb, gman84 and 2 others liked this
 #83139  by furmandad
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:05 am
Nice! Happy for Coach Q. He is a class act. I recall most on this board were happy to see him leave Furman after our offensive woes and happy to see him land at ETSU where he most likely would have similar results??

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.