AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:42 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:24 am
Need to watch this - he picks Furman to make it to the Semi's;
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... -and-round
He also picks NC Central to win 2 games, so no credibility.
I think you're off — I think NCCU takes out Richmond

Richmond has been playing somewhat better since that seemingly unexplainable loss to Morgan St to start the year where Huesman may have vaguely admitted to not preparing as well for them as they should have. NC Central certainly could beat Richmond because of their QB Richards. Howard dropping 50 on them worries me that their defense may not be able to do enough.

Albany has a good QB and a really tough D. I'd be way more surprised if they beat Albany. Wouldn't really blink an eye if they beat Richmond. Teams from the MEAC/SWAC haven't done particularly well in the playoffs recently though.
 #81014  by purplehorse123
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:20 pm
palafan wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:39 pm
After Saturday's performance, I am not assuming anything, but damn the airfare to Missoula is pricey.

And regardless it would be a COLD football game. I would much prefer a dome game. Oh well.
 #81016  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:25 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:31 pm
GF promise you Austin Peay will be here, not UTC. Like I said the only reason UTC got in is because their AD is on the committee. In all reality AP should have gotten a seed over Montana St, Villanove and even FU. We got the worst draw possible but all we had to do was beat Woffy and we completely blew it.

Sadly. I suspect this is true. APSU is scary

Hope utc wins for SoCon but I would favor APSU

Hope Mercer wins too.
I watched a little of the APSU/Central Arkansas game. The APSU doesn't scare me in size like a UTC does. However, we've seen smaller, speedier guys give our OL some trouble. The APSU DL looks even smaller than we've seen. I prefer APSU.
 #81017  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:29 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:27 pm
We would fare better if we had gotten any of these teams that could have been our bracket opponent for 12/2 if we had NOT completely blown it against Wofford on 11/18:
Delaware
Lafayette
Nicholls State
Southern Illinois
NCCU
Richmond
Youngstown State
Duquesne
Sacramento State
North Dakota
Drake
North Dakota State
Glad our bracket opponent for 12/2 is not the winner of Gardner-Webb versus Mercer. Just am.
I like sending another cold weather team (Delaware) to Montana the same week we are playing at home.

I think we will see the level of offense from this point forward that we saw at Western Carolina.
 #81023  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:52 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:29 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:27 pm
We would fare better if we had gotten any of these teams that could have been our bracket opponent for 12/2 if we had NOT completely blown it against Wofford on 11/18:
Delaware
Lafayette
Nicholls State
Southern Illinois
NCCU
Richmond
Youngstown State
Duquesne
Sacramento State
North Dakota
Drake
North Dakota State
Glad our bracket opponent for 12/2 is not the winner of Gardner-Webb versus Mercer. Just am.
I like sending another cold weather team (Delaware) to Montana the same week we are playing at home.

I think we will see the level of offense from this point forward that we saw at Western Carolina.
FUBeAR, a 6 year resident of Bear (really), Delaware, who has 2 children born in the First State, is going to summon all of his Delawarean mojo to will the unseeded Blue Hens past the #2 Seeded Grizzled Bears … assuming the fowl can get past the Leopards.

Given, assuming a 12/2 Paladin win, …

What y’all prefer?

Delaware @ Furman?

OR

Furman @ Montana?

This had FUBeAR thinkin’ also … y’know the Imperial FCS Map thing …where Teams ‘steal’ Territory… Are there any tournaments that operate such that when a Team beats a Seeded Team they ‘steal’ the Seed of the Team they beat?

That might be interesting, huh?
 #81029  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:15 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:44 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:05 pm
I admit I wanted the Mercer Gardner Webb duo. Mercer was an easier win for us. UTC is TOIGH because they stop the run. We were lucky to win last time.

UTC. Austin Peay scares me. Not sure who I want
Conference Only
Rushing Defense
Team G ATT YDS AVG TD YDS/G

Mercer 8 257 824 3.2 6 103.0
Chattanooga 8 252 1038 4.1 9 129.8

All Games
Rushing Defense
Team G ATT YDS AVG TD YDS/G

Mercer 11 363 1233 3.4 10 112.1
Chattanooga 11 355 1701 4.8 17 154.6
Never let facts get in the way of a good argument.
 #81030  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:10 pm
Maybe I'm wrong, but perhaps losing to Wofford will be a silver lining. Maybe we needed a little shakeup.
Absolutely not. There is NEVER a silver lining in losing to WC.
My word, dude. I live in Spartanburg, go to church with about 20 Wofford professors and staff members, and was at a professional meeting with about 25 Wofford grads when we lost. Somehow, I have handled the loss and the crow eating better than you. If we play Wofford 100 times, we beat them 95. It stinks that we lost. We are still playing, and if told pre-season that losing to Wofford was the cost of the first outright Socon title in 33 years, I would gladly make that trade. It is the playoffs, and you have to beat good teams to make a run.

We control our fate from here out. If you think losses are a foregone conclusion, feel free to stay at home. I am excited to see the first home game at Paladin Stadium in December in 19 years. Maybe some perspective is in order.
FUBeAR, FurmanATT, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #81031  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:47 pm
Mr. Taggart wrote:
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but perhaps losing to Wofford will be a silver lining. Maybe we needed a little shakeup.
My word, dude. I live in Spartanburg, go to church with about 20 Wofford professors and staff members, and was at a professional meeting with about 25 Wofford grads when we lost. Somehow, I have handled the loss and the crow eating better than you. If we play Wofford 100 times, we beat them 95. It stinks that we lost. We are still playing, and if told pre-season that losing to Wofford was the cost of the first outright Socon title in 33 years, I would gladly make that trade. It is the playoffs, and you have to beat good teams to make a run.

We control our fate from here out. If you think losses are a foregone conclusion, feel free to stay at home. I am excited to see the first home game at Paladin Stadium in December in 19 years. Maybe some perspective is in order.
Speaking of having to eat crow, I got a kick out of this tweet from Aaquil Annoor. Annoor had a great career for Furman, but both his brothers played for Wofford.

#81032  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:51 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mr. Taggart wrote:
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Speaking of having to eat crow, I got a kick out of this tweet from Aaquil Annoor. Annoor had a great career for Furman, but both his brothers played for Wofford.

I have some Silky Johnson tendencies. When my Wofford alum law partner was giving me hell, I responded with "Congrats on that program building win. With that momentum, you guys might win 3 games next year."
 #81034  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:56 pm
Mr. Taggart wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:51 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mr. Taggart wrote:
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

I have some Silky Johnson tendencies. When my Wofford alum law partner was giving me hell, I responded with "Congrats on that program building win. With that momentum, you guys might win 3 games next year."
You were overly generous.
 #81036  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:50 pm
AstroDin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Probably so as I really didn’t look at the quality of the opponent. Just looked at their league which had one winning team besides NCCU. That was 6-5 Hampton who beat NCCU by 30.
 #81037  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:50 pm
AstroDin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Probably so as I really didn’t look at the quality of the opponent. Just looked at their league which had one winning team besides NCCU. That was 6-5 Hampton who beat NCCU by 30.
Look again...

Hampton is CAA
NCCU is MEAC
Howard is MEAC
Howard beat NCCU by 30
 #81046  by purplehorse123
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:36 pm
Mr. Taggart wrote:
apaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Dec 4 2004-James Madison defeats # 2 Furman 14-13 when they score on 4th and 1 with 28 secs left. So many chances for Furman to win-fumble at JM 1 yard line in 3rd Q, blocked FG with 5 minutes left etc.
AstroDin liked this
 #81050  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:56 pm
I just ran the numbers for GSP to Missoula not too bad.
I say that based on what I pay for my usual business trip flights.
Similar price to what I just paid to fly to Columbus, OH of all places.
If those rates don't move I'll be happy to freeze my a$$ off watching the DINS skin the GRIZ.
 #81055  by Bootie
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:36 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:56 pm
I just ran the numbers for GSP to Missoula not too bad.
I say that based on what I pay for my usual business trip flights.
Similar price to what I just paid to fly to Columbus, OH of all places.
If those rates don't move I'll be happy to freeze my a$$ off watching the DINS skin the GRIZ.
Hoping Furman might offer a charter.
purplehorse123 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.