• Our Playoff Future

#81059  by AllTimeFU
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:53 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:56 pm
I just ran the numbers for GSP to Missoula not too bad.
I say that based on what I pay for my usual business trip flights.
Similar price to what I just paid to fly to Columbus, OH of all places.
If those rates don't move I'll be happy to freeze my a$$ off watching the DINS skin the GRIZ.
Do we know if the game would be on the 8th or 9th in Missoula?
 #81060  by The Jackal
purplehorse123 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:36 pm
Mr. Taggart wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:30 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:58 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:10 pm
Maybe I'm wrong, but perhaps losing to Wofford will be a silver lining. Maybe we needed a little shakeup.
Absolutely not. There is NEVER a silver lining in losing to WC.
My word, dude. I live in Spartanburg, go to church with about 20 Wofford professors and staff members, and was at a professional meeting with about 25 Wofford grads when we lost. Somehow, I have handled the loss and the crow eating better than you. If we play Wofford 100 times, we beat them 95. It stinks that we lost. We are still playing, and if told pre-season that losing to Wofford was the cost of the first outright Socon title in 33 years, I would gladly make that trade. It is the playoffs, and you have to beat good teams to make a run.

We control our fate from here out. If you think losses are a foregone conclusion, feel free to stay at home. I am excited to see the first home game at Paladin Stadium in December in 19 years. Maybe some perspective is in order.

Dec 4 2004-James Madison defeats # 2 Furman 14-13 when they score on 4th and 1 with 28 secs left. So many chances for Furman to win-fumble at JM 1 yard line in 3rd Q, blocked FG with 5 minutes left etc.
I believe that JMU team also set a record as the only playoff team to win every game of the post season on the road.
 #81062  by FurmAlum
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:37 pm
True confession.

I bought a SW Airlines Wanna-Get-Away non-refundable airline ticket to Dallas for 1/6/24 and return 1/8/24 last Wednesday. Thank goodness it was only $182. But I'm still optimistic.

GO PALADINS!
AstroDin, Bootie, gman84 liked this
 #81064  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
True confession.

I bought a SW Airlines Wanna-Get-Away non-refundable airline ticket to Dallas for 1/6/24 and return 1/8/24 last Wednesday. Thank goodness it was only $182. But I'm still optimistic.

GO PALADINS!
Now that is faith!
 #81065  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:16 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
True confession.

GO PALADINS!
So it was your fault :D . Like Kentucky basketball fans getting tattooed in. 2015 when they were 38-0. DUKE WON ! Oh man. Never do that

I only half jest. Every time a team fails” there are stories of this. :D

PLEASE GUYS. QUIT TALKING ABOUT MONTANA. APU UTC is all that matters.
Davemeister, FurmAlum liked this
 #81066  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:03 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:42 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:24 am
Need to watch this - he picks Furman to make it to the Semi's;
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... -and-round
He also picks NC Central to win 2 games, so no credibility.
I think you're off — I think NCCU takes out Richmond

Richmond has been playing somewhat better since that seemingly unexplainable loss to Morgan St to start the year where Huesman may have vaguely admitted to not preparing as well for them as they should have. NC Central certainly could beat Richmond because of their QB Richards. Howard dropping 50 on them worries me that their defense may not be able to do enough.

Albany has a good QB and a really tough D. I'd be way more surprised if they beat Albany. Wouldn't really blink an eye if they beat Richmond. Teams from the MEAC/SWAC haven't done particularly well in the playoffs recently though.
Crazy stat

Albany has one of the best DE in FCS. Might go pro? The other DE is a top 20 first round pick who transferred to FSU ! A freakin top 20 pick. How does one fcs team get that. A first round draft DE and another maybe pro on the other edge
 #81073  by AstroDin
 Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:07 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
If those rates don't move I'll be happy to freeze my a$$ off watching the DINS skin the GRIZ.
As far as I know, we don't know if this will be a Friday night game or a Saturday kickoff.
 #81126  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:21 pm
AstroDin wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
As far as I know, we don't know if this will be a Friday night game or a Saturday kickoff.
1). We are playing APSU or UTC. Not Montana.

2. Did anyone pay attention to FUBEAR astounding stats on Montana win rate at home vs the road?
 #81129  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:31 pm
AstroDin wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Why are y’all so sure it’s Montana ? Kind of funny. What about Delaware etc. NO one is even mentioning Delaware or Lafayette as upsets. Ohh right, and I do agree. Montana and SDSU are looking pretty much like world beaters

I still think all this Montana talk is way ahead of its time. WAAAAY out there. It’s only UTC APU for now - no other game matters
 #81136  by AstroDin
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:02 am
I do expect Montana to blitz an overrated Delaware.

It never hurts to look ahead when it comes to travel opportunities.
In my case, I have personal reasons for looking forward to a game in Montana.
Montana is the only western state I've never visited, plus my Dad grew up there.
 #81137  by Bootie
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:06 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:31 pm
AstroDin wrote:
AllTimeFU wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Why are y’all so sure it’s Montana ? Kind of funny. What about Delaware etc. NO one is even mentioning Delaware or Lafayette as upsets. Ohh right, and I do agree. Montana and SDSU are looking pretty much like world beaters

I still think all this Montana talk is way ahead of its time. WAAAAY out there. It’s only UTC APU for now - no other game matters
It about the odds, gf. You know this. Let them talk.
 #81171  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:19 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:14 pm
Discussing whether Mercer is a better matchup at this point is pretty irrelevant. If we see the Bears, it will be the national title game.
I sincerely hope Mercer is there and starts with G Webb. Feel pretty good Mercer can beat GWebb

Go SoCon.
 #81173  by FurmAlum
 Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:09 pm
Just want to clarify a few things to ward off the Bad Mojo that overconfidence can bring on since I've been getting a lot of well deserved flack from GF.

I did buy the non-refundable airline tickets last Wed. but not because I was sure we would make it to Frisco but because they were cheap and the price would be much higher if I waited until a week or 2 before the game if we make it to THE GAME. I can still get a SW Airline credit towards another flight.

I also have hotel reservations but I can cancel those if FU loses in the play-offs.

Don't have any tickets yet but I'm getting ready to buy some. Can sell them on Stub Hub if necessary.

As you can see I am prepared if Furman can make it to the big game as I'm not sure I would see that again in my lifetime. Did the same for the BB NCAA Tournament last March and look what happened!

I'm well aware of the risks. Not over confident. Just Prepared. Who was that who said "Success is where opportunity and being prepared meet?

End of Bad Mojo.
 #81185  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:41 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:02 am
I do expect Montana to blitz an overrated Delaware.

It never hurts to look ahead when it comes to travel opportunities.
In my case, I have personal reasons for looking forward to a game in Montana.
Montana is the only western state I've never visited, plus my Dad grew up there.
That’s cool. I’ve been to Utah and Arizona and New Mexico and Cali … never hit Montana either. Utah ROCKS with the national parks and skiing !
 #81186  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:48 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:09 pm
Just want to clarify a few things to ward off the Bad Mojo that overconfidence can bring on since I've been getting a lot of well deserved flack from GF.

I did buy the non-refundable airline tickets last Wed. but not because I was sure we would make it to Frisco but because they were cheap and the price would be much higher if I waited until a week or 2 before the game if we make it to THE GAME. I can still get a SW Airline credit towards another flight.

I also have hotel reservations but I can cancel those if FU loses in the play-offs.

Don't have any tickets yet but I'm getting ready to buy some. Can sell them on Stub Hub if necessary.

As you can see I am prepared if Furman can make it to the big game as I'm not sure I would see that again in my lifetime. Did the same for the BB NCAA Tournament last March and look what happened!

I'm well aware of the risks. Not over confident. Just Prepared. Who was that who said "Success is where opportunity and being prepared meet?

End of Bad Mojo.
Great stuff. Me and my crazy jinx theory. Lol

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.