Bootie wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:34 pm
aqualung wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:59 pm
Any idea who will be punting this year? I do not think that Grayson punts,
We are not punting this year.
 #761  by soconjohn
 Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:39 pm
Listen, this is the best I have seen Furman look at a spring game in years...It doesn't mean much now, but in the future it might...The crowd was quite impressive...Sat with Ernie Gibson, Bobby Johnson and Jimmy Satterfield and just listened...Not a bad group to hear stories from, right?
Jasper, dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #768  by The Jackal
 Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:39 pm
Listen, this is the best I have seen Furman look at a spring game in years...It doesn't mean much now, but in the future it might...The crowd was quite impressive...Sat with Ernie Gibson, Bobby Johnson and Jimmy Satterfield and just listened...Not a bad group to hear stories from, right?

Not scientific, but Hendrix tends to be one to point out what the team needs to do better. He sounded pretty pleased with the effort.
soconjohn liked this
 #804  by soconjohn
 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 am
Afurmanfan wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 am
Coaches said Elijah McCoy has made huge strides - they are very high on him. They also said that Jemar Lincoln is the fastest guy in the team and very poised when he drops back. Fyi-I don’t think you will see any players return that have been removed from roster.
They were initially hoping to have 50 juniors for the game. Ended up with 200. The program has gotten “hot” this year for sure.
Elijah is going to have a special year next year should he stay healthy...Just a prediction.
 #805  by soconjohn
 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:30 am
When Furman recruited Hope, and I saw his video, I thought this guy can play a variety of places...He could even equate as an OLB/Rush End...He's athletic and rangy...He will find a place in this defense sooner than later...He reminds me of former ASU DE Jason Hunter in terms of athleticism, quickness and strength, although with not as much size.
 #808  by The Jackal
 Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:30 am
When Furman recruited Hope, and I saw his video, I thought this guy can play a variety of places...He could even equate as an OLB/Rush End...He's athletic and rangy...He will find a place in this defense sooner than later...He reminds me of former ASU DE Jason Hunter in terms of athleticism, quickness and strength, although with not as much size.
Hope is the type of player that can end up being a terror in a 3-4 defense.

Truthfully, I think we could be as stout on defense as we've been since the mid-2000s. Our defensive line is as deep as I can remember it, and if a few of our linebackers take a step in their development we could be really tough on that side of the ball.

I expect most offensive lines we will face are going to have their hands full with our interior line.
Purpleglasses liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FUBF24

Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.