• Purple/White Spring Game Saturday 11:30

#336  by The Jackal
 Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 am
A couple of areas I would be interested in watching (were I going to be there, which I'm not).

1. QB: Especially interested in JeMar Lincoln. We've seen Harris Roberts a good bit and have a pretty good idea of what he can do.

2. WR: I presume our primary 3 will be Gordon, Burnette, DeLuca. Who else works in on that rotation.

3. ILB: Need some bodies.

4. FB: I expect Dirks is our RB1. Gibson plays a good bit, but has primarily been more of a blocking FB. Who gets the primary carries behind Dirks.

I don't know how Deon Sanders' situation works. I know he's on football scholarship, so I presume he has to do football things before he can play baseball.

5. What, if any, changes do we see to the offense.

6: OL: Who replaces Schmidt and Bush?
 #338  by PaladinDad
 Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am
Unfortunately I'm out of town and won't be able to attend, but looking forward to hearing how it goes. As long as everyone comes out healthy in my mind it's a success!
 #357  by Flagman
 Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:45 pm
Out of town. Mrs. Flag will be there. Then it's off to the women's basketball game.
 #375  by MNORM
 Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 pm
My son and I should be there...as long as his Challenge Bridge building competition at the TD Center doesn't last too long.
 #383  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:32 pm
PaladinDad wrote:
Unfortunately I'm out of town and won't be able to attend, but looking forward to hearing how it goes. As long as everyone comes out healthy in my mind it's a success!

Already have 10 players sitting this one out.
 #388  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:25 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:32 pm
PaladinDad wrote:

Already have 10 players sitting this one out.
I don’t know every injury, but I expect that more than a few of those players are guys that suffered injuries in the regular season who have need to rehab.
 #389  by Purpleglasses
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:03 am
Concussions and the flu has also taken a few out.
At least one big recruit from last season we still will not be able to see in action.
The good thing is that a lot of these absentees are because of minor things, and will be back healthy for the fall.
 #394  by tim
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 pm
I saw about 4 series. I don't think we have ANY problem at qb. Roberts completed several nice passes, one for a TD. Lincoln had a TD pass and a qb draw that I thought was a TD but was blown dead. Lincoln is SPECIAL. Adkins kicked 47 and 42 yd FGs.
 #395  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 pm
I can see a platoon at QB this year. Lincoln can run and not a bad passer. But Roberts is a better passer.

Cooper Hardin appeared to be starting at ILB with McCoy.
 #396  by AstroDin
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 pm
Impressed with both QBs… both were sharp… the offense was sharp.
Agree with Paul… Lincoln has some jets, he's very, very quick… and I like his throws.
Harris was equally impressive, he nailed a deep pass to Burnette on his first pass attempt.

and we're yet to see… Sisson and Granger.

I thought DeLuca and Armstrong played very well - Armstrong made an ESPN highlight-worthy catch.
 #397  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:49 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 pm
I can see a platoon at QB this year. Lincoln can run and not a bad passer. But Roberts is a better passer.

Cooper Hardin appeared to be starting at ILB with McCoy.
Just my take, but I thought Roberts has a better arm than Blazejowski. He can sling it.

Hendrix said the QB battle may go deep into the summer, and they’ll get a look at the new guys as well.

Glad to hear Lincoln is competent passing. A lot of his high school film is him breaking runs and launching throws down field. Didn’t really know how he’d look trying to throw the precise intermediate passes that will be critical in this offense.
 #398  by Paladawg
 Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:03 pm
I would concur that both quarterbacks will see playing time in the fall. Both bring a lot to the table. Lincoln wound up scrambling a lot, in part because it was the 2nd offense against the first defense. He made some good throws to tight spots. Good to see Adrian Hope out there with the first D. He looked good as did Melton Brown. Even with the losses, a lot of offensive weapons still on this team. Going to be interesting to see how the offensive line shakes out, particularly at center. It was a spring game with a considerable number of people on the sidelines.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by gofurman

Fri May 31, 2024 12:36 am

User avatar And WC wins the SoCon…

by cavedweller2

Thu May 30, 2024 9:08 pm

User avatar DIVISION ONE

by apaladin

Thu May 30, 2024 8:25 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by cavedweller2

Thu May 30, 2024 6:41 pm

User avatar Changing times ...

by palafan

Thu May 30, 2024 4:42 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.