• FULL GAME VIDEO

#77960  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:33 pm
Yadkin wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:19 pm
Good lift from Furman football “X”.
No “lift” just a link to youtube where it is.
 #77961  by FUTex
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:55 pm
Oh great. Now I'm gonna be up till 1am watching this dern game.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #77962  by Bootie
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:58 pm
FUTex wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:55 pm
Oh great. Now I'm gonna be up till 1am watching this dern game.
The double tap on the right side of the video in the YouTube app is my best friend… skips you ahead 10, 20, 30 seconds, etc…
 #77963  by FurmanFan23
 Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:16 pm
Shouldnt have to watch the video. Western should have done its job and up the game on streaming
FUBeAR liked this
 #77966  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:24 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:16 pm
Shouldnt have to watch the video. Western should have done its job and up the game on streaming
Yep I don’t recall not being able to watch an entire game. A few issues where you may have missed a small portion of a game but nothing like today.
FUBeAR liked this
 #77967  by FUTex
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:51 am
Watched the whole game, and yes, I figured out the fast forward right away. My analysis:

1-Western is indeed very good.
2-The Paladins are what we thought they were.
3-The WCU Coach seemed to get upset at times. There are some men who simply love too much.
4-We need to work on our mojo, so that it protects our kickers and punters too. Vile fumes and nasty humours vexed them mightily.
FUBeAR, dornb, Bootie liked this
 #77971  by Jasper
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:15 am
After watching the tape, I feel Mason Pline, our big tight end played a helluva game as well. Caught 4 big passes at opportune times and really blocked well all game. This kid keeps getting better as he gains more experience. At 6'7 and 265 lbs. with good hands, he could really develop further as the season goes on. Kudos to the coaching staff for finding this ex basketball player while playing his first season of football at a Div. 11 school.
Bootie, dornb liked this
 #77973  by Roundball
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:27 am
I watched the game this morning. The announcers thought Huff should have gone down after getting the first down instead of scoring. Their thinking was that we could have run out the clock. With the time left on the clock, I find that thinking crazy. Where do they get these announcers?
 #77976  by Bootie
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:52 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:27 am
I watched the game this morning. The announcers thought Huff should have gone down after getting the first down instead of scoring. Their thinking was that we could have run out the clock. With the time left on the clock, I find that thinking crazy. Where do they get these announcers?
I don’t know, it does seem to make mathematical sense. By scoring the touchdown, we were up only by 12 points with 54 seconds on the clock. We all saw at the South Carolina game how they put two scores on the board within 49 seconds. It’s unlikely, yes, but western still had the opportunity to win the game at that point. Maybe they run the kickoff back, kick an onside kick, maybe toss a hail Mary to the end zone and we get pass interference, etc., a couple scenarios could’ve happened that might’ve sent us home with a loss.

Alternatively, if Huff had gone down at the 1 yard line, we would’ve just had to take two knees and the game is over.
Roundball, dornb liked this
 #77977  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:21 am
I like watching the game and figuring out personnel.

I'm increasingly impressed that we pretty much two platoon the defense. With the possible exception of Blackshear, Ryan, and Chizik, pretty much every defender rotates out frequently and often for entire drives. Our second line guys and first line guys are largely indistinguishable in production.
 #77978  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am
FUTex wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:51 am
Watched the whole game, and yes, I figured out the fast forward right away. My analysis:

1-Western is indeed very good.
2-The Paladins are what we thought they were.
3-The WCU Coach seemed to get upset at times. There are some men who simply love too much.
4-We need to work on our mojo, so that it protects our kickers and punters too. Vile fumes and nasty humours vexed them mightily.
We saw a lot of video in the pre-season of Pline catching balls downfield, so you knew it was in the playbook. I figured we'd start seeing it at some point.

Just one more things for defenses to deal with when facing Furman.

I agree on your third point. It seemed like every time the video cut to Kerwin Bell, he was 10 yards on the field arguing with the officials.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #78000  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:30 am
Coach DS used to say: "You have to score when you have the chance." That extra 6 points iced it.
apaladin, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Changing times ...

by Stosh

Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:25 pm

Default Avatar And WC wins the SoCon…

by Roundball

Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:54 pm

User avatar Playoff Changes

by apaladin

Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by apaladin

Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:01 am

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:56 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.