• Injury Report

#76990  by AstroDin
 Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:15 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:12 am
Probably not how coach drew it up this season, but Anderson provides a lot of flexibility, especially with the emergence of Ferguson and Hinton as slot receivers.

Anderson has been a bit of a swiss army knife, but is big enough to hold up at running back.
It appears Nic Cannon is also getting more PT at slot.
 #76991  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:17 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:12 am
Probably not how coach drew it up this season, but Anderson provides a lot of flexibility, especially with the emergence of Ferguson and Hinton as slot receivers.

Anderson has been a bit of a swiss army knife, but is big enough to hold up at running back.
Right. Given all options we know that clearly it was Roberto, ... and then the 3 of Grant Robinson, M Hicks, and J Smith.

Also, I think K Thomas was in the mix.

Anyone know what is up with KT? I always liked his speed and especially now we could use another RB
 #76998  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:35 am
Thomas played in two games and was technically RB2 to begin the season. He's played a lot over the years.

I'm not exactly sure what he's got going on. If he was healthy, it'd be a nice boost to the RB group.

My guess is if Thomas isn't able to go, it's Roberto, Hicks, and Anderson.
 #77023  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:59 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:35 am
Thomas played in two games and was technically RB2 to begin the season. He's played a lot over the years.

I'm not exactly sure what he's got going on. If he was healthy, it'd be a nice boost to the RB group.

My guess is if Thomas isn't able to go, it's Roberto, Hicks, and Anderson.
Good point... Given all options we know that clearly it was Roberto, ... and then the 4 of (EDIT HERE) 17 KT, Grant Robinson, 7 M Hicks, and 21 J Smith.

So we are down to 2 of the starting 5. Roberto and M Hicks. I would love to see K T back out there for 3 of the original so Anderson could stay in the slot whenever needed. Clearly that is CCH / Roper preference3
 #77036  by AstroDin
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:23 am
Not wanting to put words in Jackal's mouth…
GoFu - how I read Jackal's point (about the coach not drawing it up this way).
The redshirt is now off Hinton. The coaches thought he would play some, but his play allows Anderson to play at both RB and Slot. Wayne, IMO is more of a weapon in the backfield with Roper at the helm.

By my count, three freshmen have now played over the four-game limit.

Hinton at WR.
Chappell at TE.
AK Burrell at FS and Special Teams.

CCH did mention that now WR is the deepest position on the team. We're seeing the rotation settle a bit.

J Harris
Dean
Shiflett
E Harris
Hughes

Ferguson
Hinton
*Anderson
Cannon
 #77037  by The Jackal
 Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:54 am
Right.

I realize that with the injuries at RB the plan has probably changed. It's a luxury, I suppose, to have a player like Anderson, who is a veteran, one of the fastest players on the team and is big and strong enough to play the RB spot when needed.

Anderson can move around a bit because of our depth at receiver. I suspect that our coaches will put in wrinkles, too, to emphasize Anderson's unique capabilities.

For instance, we saw the little toss to Cannon for a touchdown with Anderson and Hinton on the field. I'm not sure we've ever really featured Cannon on the offense, but you could tell that formation, which deployed two slot receivers and a slasher running back, put a lot of speed on the field for Furman. Something Samford has to watch and prepare for.
 #77325  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:23 pm
Please anyone help me keep this updated. What does anyone know about new ones I list at bottom???

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?
. Out for year I think

Several RBs
Grant Robinson RB NBR 28 out year.
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Man, I hate that for both guys and that is a lot of depth to lose at RB ... hope they heal up for next year and just in general !!!

RB Kendall Thomas out nbr 17 left Mercer and didn't play v Citadel or Samford. Not sure about KT?? ANYONE KNOW? Havent seen him lately

Wayne Anderson playing some RB now

So that leaves as of Samford …at RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs
+ 9 Anderson

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me

Still looking for a little more from the OL on the run push.. the only concern is that is TWO ILB out - one for year who was a starter last year.. and the other starter who was v good in 2022 is 'indefinite'. So not just two LB.. it is two INSIDE LINEBACKERS.
——————————-

New per the Sammy game-

Offense.
Starting OG 51 Petit left game. No knowledge. I think 65 Huntley came in for him. DID He come back in game ?
Starting WR Harris number 2. Left on targeting by Sammy player. Someone said upthread his family said he was ok

Defense.
3 starting DB Brinson didn’t play at all as far as I could tell Vs SAMFD
Starting DL 40 Stephens? Maybe left the field. On tv I couldn’t tell
Starting LB 44 Luke Clark. Maybe. Again on tv so hard to tell. One of these last 2 guys fell to ground on very last defensive play 😕

Help.

What do y’all know about ANY of these guys status ?
Thanks for any information on these injuries !!!!!!! Mainly obviously the Samford new injuries
 #77337  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:36 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:21 am
Add 51 to your out for the year list.
Dang hate to hear that for any player regardless of who they play for.
 #77348  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:34 am
Not sure if this was the result of the injury report or the game plan, but Furman rarely seemed to be in their two back set yesterday. Hicks did not register a carry, and most of the non-Roberto carries appeared to go to Tyler Huff.

I also saw us use all three TEs pretty liberally. So, perhaps with some depth issues at RB, we didn't beat up on Hicks as much as we might have with a deeper stable of backs and let the TEs handle a lot of the blocking out of the backfield.
 #77355  by Jasper
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:12 am
gofurman wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:23 pm
Please anyone help me keep this updated. What does anyone know about new ones I list at bottom???

OUT NOW
20. Achina at ILB out for year - last years starter who then was replaced by Jalen Miller I think.
31. ILB Bryce McCormick out how long.. vertigo?
. Out for year I think

Several RBs
Grant Robinson RB NBR 28 out year.
21 Jaquan S out for year...
Man, I hate that for both guys and that is a lot of depth to lose at RB ... hope they heal up for next year and just in general !!!

RB Kendall Thomas out nbr 17 left Mercer and didn't play v Citadel or Samford. Not sure about KT?? ANYONE KNOW? Havent seen him lately

Wayne Anderson playing some RB now

So that leaves as of Samford …at RB
nbr 8 Roberto and
nbr 7 Hicks of the original 4 RBs
+ 9 Anderson

--------------------------Trying to keep a list for me

Still looking for a little more from the OL on the run push.. the only concern is that is TWO ILB out - one for year who was a starter last year.. and the other starter who was v good in 2022 is 'indefinite'. So not just two LB.. it is two INSIDE LINEBACKERS.
——————————-

New per the Sammy game-

Offense.
Starting OG 51 Petit left game. No knowledge. I think 65 Huntley came in for him. DID He come back in game ?
Starting WR Harris number 2. Left on targeting by Sammy player. Someone said upthread his family said he was ok

Defense.
3 starting DB Brinson didn’t play at all as far as I could tell Vs SAMFD
Starting DL 40 Stephens? Maybe left the field. On tv I couldn’t tell
Starting LB 44 Luke Clark. Maybe. Again on tv so hard to tell. One of these last 2 guys fell to ground on very last defensive play 😕

Help.

What do y’all know about ANY of these guys status ?
Thanks for any information on these injuries !!!!!!! Mainly obviously the Samford new injuries
I spoke with Grant Robinson at last week's game. He is still wearing a leg brace but expects to be back for the last 2 games of the regular season.
FUBeAR, dornb liked this
 #77366  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:57 am
Is 51 outfit the year and if so with what?

Also someone on the board said J Harris was ok? Has anyone else heard that?
 #77384  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:24 pm
51 is out. Was in a boot and crutches with something broken.

2’s family said they were told he was ok.
 #77386  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:56 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:24 pm
51 is out. Was in a boot and crutches with something broken.

2’s family said they were told he was ok.
Tough for Petit. I think he missed most/all last season with injury too.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by FurmanFan23

Mon May 20, 2024 8:05 am

User avatar SOCON Landscape Next Year

by FU Hoopla

Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Default Avatar Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

by bigpurple75

Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm

User avatar PALADIN STADIUM

by apaladin

Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.