• 2024 Recruiting

#72481  by AstroDin
 Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:58 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:38 pm
According to Coach Tafon and Roper, Furman has landed a QB for the 24 class!

Edit: Could be something, could be nothing. Recent QB offer Terry “Trey” Hedden III liked both Roper’s and Mainsah’s tweet 🤷‍♂️. Hedden is from Tampa Catholic, same school as last year’s OL commit, Christopher Luna.
It sure does look like its Hedden… but we'll have to wait and see if he makes a committed post. He did pickup an offer from APP recently.

Hedden is a big body QB (6-3 205) he's a very polished QB, can zip the ball, shows touch, and has a big arm that can throw the deep ball.
 #72491  by The Jackal
 Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:03 pm
Some interesting bits from the article:
"They're adamant on me playing early, they see me starting as a freshman, which is huge for me," he said. "From an offensive perspective, they do a lot of RPO stuff, which I love. I love being able to manipulate defenses and have the right answer no matter what they do. I believe in coach (Justin) Roper, the offensive coordinator, I feel like he's going to develop me well. His system is incredible. He put together multiple presentations on how he was going to develop me...it just seems like they had a lot of intent in how they're going to use me."

Obviously he has to earn the spot, but interesting commentary.
apaladin liked this
 #72510  by KingPaladin
 Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:28 am
The Jackal wrote:
"They're adamant on me playing early, they see me starting as a freshman, which is huge for me," he said. "From an offensive perspective, they do a lot of RPO stuff, which I love. I love being able to manipulate defenses and have the right answer no matter what they do. I believe in coach (Justin) Roper, the offensive coordinator, I feel like he's going to develop me well. His system is incredible. He put together multiple presentations on how he was going to develop me...it just seems like they had a lot of intent in how they're going to use me."

He's undoubtedly beat out anyone left for next year unless a transfer sees an opening
 #72512  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:32 am
KingPaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

He's undoubtedly beat out anyone left for next year unless a transfer sees an opening
Hmmm…if FUBeAR is understanding your comment correctly, he thinks this young man might disagree…

https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/footb ... jones/5368
 #72513  by The Jackal
 Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:46 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:32 am
KingPaladin wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

Hmmm…if FUBeAR is understanding your comment correctly, he thinks this young man might disagree…

https://furmanpaladins.com/sports/footb ... jones/5368

Competition is good for everyone, I think.
 #72528  by Afurmanfan
 Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:18 pm
I believe this young man does not lack for confidence. But Huff still has 2 years of eligibility left and Jones and Garcia are players the coaches like. Hard to have 4 scholly qb’s on roster anytime, much less these days. But give me too much talent any day. Is the kind of “ problem” a team likes to have. Hats off to the recruiting talents of this staff.
dornb liked this
 #72529  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:27 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
I believe this young man does not lack for confidence. But Huff still has 2 years of eligibility left and Jones and Garcia are players the coaches like. Hard to have 4 scholly qb’s on roster anytime, much less these days. But give me too much talent any day. Is the kind of “ problem” a team likes to have. Hats off to the recruiting talents of this staff.

I think Huff only has one season left.................

Should be a good QB battle next summer between Jones, Hedden and Garcia..............
 #72531  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:50 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Afurmanfan wrote:

Should be a good QB battle next summer between Jones, Hedden and Garcia..............
Huff has 2 more years…if he wants ‘em

2919 HS Graduate

2019 - Eligibility Yr 1 - 12 games @ PC
2020 - Covid - don’t count
2021 - Redshirt - 4 games @ PC and shut it down
2022 - Eligibility Yr 2 - 12 games @ FU

2023 - Eligibility Yr 3 - 15 games or so for FU
2024 - Eligibility Yr 4 … if he wants it
FU Hoopla liked this
 #72542  by The Jackal
 Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:24 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:50 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Afurmanfan wrote:

Huff has 2 more years…if he wants ‘em

2919 HS Graduate

2019 - Eligibility Yr 1 - 12 games @ PC
2020 - Covid - don’t count
2021 - Redshirt - 4 games @ PC and shut it down
2022 - Eligibility Yr 2 - 12 games @ FU

2023 - Eligibility Yr 3 - 15 games or so for FU
2024 - Eligibility Yr 4 … if he wants it

That was how I looked at it.

Admittedly, my guess is that Furman likely wouldn't be taking QBs in three consecutive classes unless they expected Huff would not be on the roster in '24.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by Paladin91

Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am

User avatar Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

by FUTex

Sun May 19, 2024 1:57 am

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.