• Incarnate Word

#62045  by The Jackal
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:00 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:25 am
To follow Jackal’s points…I don’t get worked up over officiating as long as they are consistent for both teams. Obviously IWU coaches their dbs to play that way. It will be interesting to follow the remaining games and watch their technique. We will learn from this one and adjust. Like Astro said in another post, this was not a one season wonder for us. We will return next season as a more experienced team. We can also see how IMPORTANT a seed is!

They are certainly coached that way. UIW plays a lot of man coverage and certainly did so against Furman in an effort to add more men to the box against the run.

Some teams take the position that the refs aren't going to call PI or holding on every play, so they'll keep grabbing receivers. UIW appears to be one of those teams.

I noticed in the lead up that they were one of the nation's most penalized teams. You can see why. They aren't really "mistakes," but being coached to play within the edge of the rule.

I was surprised that their receivers are basically moving forward on every snap. Felt very much like watching an option team, where they are moving right before the snap. Sometimes they were moving so fast they were snapping the ball before they could get set. Cost of doing business in their offense. 5 yards is nothing to them.
 #62063  by purplehorse123
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:52 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:25 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:38 am
I think the dislike for UIW is a little misplaced and feels a bit like virtue signaling since we aren’t built like that. I’ve seen no reason to question the school or their coaches’/players’ ethics based on everything I’ve seen and read. And I don’t think they care whether or not we “pull for them.” Would any of us care if the scenario was reversed?

If the coach has an ability to move up quick then that’s his right and it doesn’t always mean he did anything wrong or sleazy. (He might be, I don’t know) Just like it’s not wrong for a player to try and find what’s best for him in the way the football landscape is set up now. There are going to be a LOT of transfer heavy teams we see going forward. They aren’t doing anything illegal based on what the NCAA has created.

And it’s hard for a program that started 10ish years ago to have tradition. To get to the point they have in that time is impressive. I’m not saying I’m an UIW fan but some of talk coming from a few people on here and other sites sounds like sour grapes.

Based on the way some of our fans have posted the last couple of weeks (not necessarily here), I’m starting to see why a lot of teams don’t like us. Not that anyone should care. Just an observation.

Hat tip to UIW. They made more plays than us. We gave it a great effort and might have won it if there or one or two decisions late that go the other way. They didn’t though. It stings but we don’t need to trash another school because of it. I like to think most Furman people are better than that.

Thank you Deputy Sheriff Barney Fife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can 100 % see why Furman fans might get a bad reputation on AGS site based on one poster from Furman!
FU Hoopla liked this
 #62089  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:09 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:25 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:15 am
I’m proud of Furman. Great year

But One thing I have to say. Everyone was all about “just get ‘em into 4th quarter and they haven’t had tough fights or close games late”. How did that work out? Not. Too. Good. Their WRs are just too fast for us. They are. I mean cmon they out gained us by what, THREE HUNDRED YARDS!!!!! They are like a super version of western Carolina

And their D was LEGIT. we couldn’t run well enough. We had what, 3 points from real offense in first half?

Also their backs and QB as well as WRs were just so athletic. We often missed the back on first tackle and had to gang tackle or they would break for 4 more yards. It just seemed their skill players were a fair bit more athletic than ours. No doubt their WRs kept getting behind our DBs. Just fact. We never could get behind their DBs for anything like their 80 yard TD. the Harris one was the closest but their defender fell there
You mean other than the deep throw where our WR got behind the defenders, our WRs could never get behind their defenders?

We struggled with their quickness and speed in the first half, but made adjustments in the second half and really shut them down for much of the game. They were always going to get yards. Hendrix said early on this was not going to be a defensive slugfest. It was the type of game most people were expecting.

That was the best offense in the FCS. They are tops in virtually every category for a reason. They made more plays than we did down the stretch.

We don't have to dissect this too much - We faced a very good football team that has basically run straight through every team they've faced this year. We took their best shot coming off an off week and playing at home. We fought our tails off and came off just short.
Dude, you are changing your tune. You do that quite often as some others have mentioned here and in PMs to me...

pre game you were all about that they were tops possibly because of THEIR SCHEDULE. You were seriously infatuated with how they only played ONE winning team and lost that game... to SELA.

Don't come back now and say otherwise. Look we fought hard but just because of an easy schedule DOES NOT mean someone is bad. It just means they haven't had a chance to prove it. Also the 55 on Nevada always stuck out to me. That was the most - I think - ANYONE scored on Nevada all year. But you didn't focus on that did you??? NO YOU DID NOT.

We were LUCKY to stay as close as we did.. LUCKY. we got run out of the gym SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN YARDS.. To our MEASLY THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO. THAT IS A CRUSHING.

Which also speaks to their defense. THeir DL beat on our OL as we could not run the ball well at all.

Could we have won? sure. But they boat raced us out of the park. THREE HUNDRED YARDS of DIFFERENCE. Damn man, just allow they were A LOT better.

Here - They killed us so bad in yardage it overcame SIXTEEN PENALTIES. SIXTEEN !!!!!!!! And, additionally, a negative one turnover ratio. If we can't win with a team getting a plus one turnover ratio AND that team having SIXTEEN penalties then they were clearly better.

Go get a stat on the number of times a team get more than FIFTEEN penalties and has a negative one TO ratio and still wins.. It is very small. It means they whooped us in yardage. Heck, if they woulda taken the FGs instead of 4th downs (which we stopped to our credit) we may never have led after quarter 1.
Last edited by gofurman on Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #62090  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:13 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:52 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:25 am
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:38 am
I think the dislike for UIW is a little misplaced and feels a bit like virtue signaling since we aren’t built like that. I’ve seen no reason to question the school or their coaches’/players’ ethics based on everything I’ve seen and read. And I don’t think they care whether or not we “pull for them.” Would any of us care if the scenario was reversed?

If the coach has an ability to move up quick then that’s his right and it doesn’t always mean he did anything wrong or sleazy. (He might be, I don’t know) Just like it’s not wrong for a player to try and find what’s best for him in the way the football landscape is set up now. There are going to be a LOT of transfer heavy teams we see going forward. They aren’t doing anything illegal based on what the NCAA has created.

And it’s hard for a program that started 10ish years ago to have tradition. To get to the point they have in that time is impressive. I’m not saying I’m an UIW fan but some of talk coming from a few people on here and other sites sounds like sour grapes.

Based on the way some of our fans have posted the last couple of weeks (not necessarily here), I’m starting to see why a lot of teams don’t like us. Not that anyone should care. Just an observation.

Hat tip to UIW. They made more plays than us. We gave it a great effort and might have won it if there or one or two decisions late that go the other way. They didn’t though. It stings but we don’t need to trash another school because of it. I like to think most Furman people are better than that.

Thank you Deputy Sheriff Barney Fife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can 100 % see why Furman fans might get a bad reputation on AGS site based on one poster from Furman!
Now this PISSES ME OFF/ And it should. It is based on ONE DAY and not long-term data.

I know this is me from yesterday but my uncle DIED and I was pretty raw. One poster my aszz

YOU CLEARLY DONT READ AGS MUCH (you are showing your utmost IGNORANCE or lack of awareness) . but I guess base all of your AGS knowledge on the day of ONE playoff game? If you aren't aware of FUGAMEBREAKER and FUBeAR on there - don't talk if you don't read AGS a lot. I have been there for years. Go read the ENTIRE FU/Elon and FU/UIW threads and let me know your thoughts. - otherwise you owe me an apology.

Anyone who reads there a lot will back me that FUGAMEBREAKER is cringeworthy on a daily basis.

or Why don't you call out FUBeAR????????????????? WHy not ?

FUGAMEBREAKER or something. But you call ME out? GET THE heck out.
Also FUBEAR embarrasses us CONSTANTLY - well, more like he creates enemies. he is personally called out by name there.

Seriously, FUBeAR constantly emnbarrases us there. ALL of AGS laughs at him on a weekly basis. Same with FUGAMEBREAKER. Me, just one day where I had a relative DIE.

You are really showing YOUR IGNORANCE saying ONE poster embarrasses us. Read the prior week before our game with UIW (or ELON if you prefer) and you will learn ... educate yourself before making rude claims. Again, anyone on that board will back me here. FUGAMEBREAKER is the worst. But apparently you just hit AGS on a one day basis. Great through work there. Check the past week or two and get back with me.

Also, I had A RELATIVE DIE !!!!!!!!! ONE DAY. The other two guys CONSTANTLY embarass us weekly.. especially FUGAMEBREAKER. Unless they have a relative DIE every day they post (which I doubt LOL) then why are you not calling them out> ansewr my **** question.

Why choose me on one day of a relative death (it was listed in the thread on AGS) but not the two who consistently emnbaraass us EVERY WEEK? WHY? I bet you don't have a legit answer

THe answer I want is go look at FUGAMEBREAKER posts.. search the past week. That will do. then how FUBeAR gets railed with his extreme bias for Furman and Mercer (so embarrasing) and tell me why you call ME out for one day where a relative passed away> and don't say "I didn't know your uncle died.." It was right there in the thread.

Purplehorse I am waiting for your answer. Read all the threads and links I include in my answers below and do some research first though. Check just the FU/Elon and FU/UIW threads. Just read through those. I think that will do. I expect an apology after you read through those threads and how those two guys mad UIW fans out of people PREGAME. Not me - go Furman.

Good man would do the research and apologize publicly. I would. Read the threads. I linked one right to a specific page for you. Let’s see if you do. I’ve given you an out. Let’s see if you take it.
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
 #62091  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:21 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:41 pm
There's a few idiot Furman posters on AGS that make us look like knuckledragging Neanderthals.

Yes, you're reading this and know who you are.
also, since the THree in order should be - FUGAMEBREAKER. for sure.. then FUBeAR.. number two for sure.. and one day of me after YEARS and YEARS of posting. I will apologize for mine. As I said (and on AGS) my uncle DIED yesterday. Good Lord people.

Though I am SURE some of you didn't read the threads there long enough to know that. I will apologize somewhat. Though I stand by some of my facts. Samford beat SELA with their walk-on Freshman. wow etc etc

Let's see if the two who embarrass us WEEKLY and DAILY - FUGAMEBREAKER and FUBeAR come and apologize here??? . I bet NOT If you read the past month of posts those two embarass us FAR MORE than anyone else.

If you keep up on AGS you KNOW those are the two that make people hate Furman.

heck I was told I was the classiest Furman poster on AGS by several Samford fans etc. It was just ONE DAY.

To wit: Here was the beginning of my post after we beat Elon word for word "Thanks Chalupa. You are a good man . I want to first congratulate Elon on a great season! 8-3 in CAA and postseason. Good stuff. I really mean that! This season should help them recruit vs other NC teams...

me - November 26 "Again kudos to Elon. A great year ! Nothing to be ashamed of at all"
on and on I post like that. Congratulating our opponents even if we win... because I try to treat others as I would want to be treated. I had ONE BAD DAY and get railed here? REALLY???? And no one says ANYTHING about FUGAMEBREAKER?

Let me get some quotes from him:
Here - FUGameBreaker FUGameBreaker is offline / Top FCS Ruler
FUGameBreaker's My Team Furman
Posts 1,786
Re: 2022 Playoffs Round 2: Furman @ #7 Incarnate Word
" Lets just all be honest, Incarnate Word is the stupidest sounding university name I have ever heard in my life, I don't care about its religious connotations, it sounds cheap af"

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showth ... Word/page3

Just click the link. Then page down about 2/3 of the page. I did the research for you:
That is from November 27th 5:37 pm ... in the run up to us playing UIW.
He calls UIW name cheap as Fu*k. I would NEVER do that. Man that's a Catholic naming convention. Wow

yet me - fully DOCUMENTED as CONGRATULATORY and positive. see if FUGAMEBREAKER or FUBeAR did ANYTHING like that... NOPE. You are being selective on ONE day

It’s amazing how my facts and data ruin a good argument.

And yes. Yesterday was bad for me. You see, I admit my mistake. Given an exception on that ONE DAY go do a more aggregate research. Good grief I thought Furman people were better than this
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #62092  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:10 pm
read the same thread. just click the link...

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showth ... ord/page24

"Originally Posted by Utgrizfan View Post
Who would have thought a Furman fan made me want to root for UIW"

that is either FUGAMEBREAKER or FUBeAR making people hate us. Not me.

Heck post 239 (same page) continues with this sort of thing. GAMEBREAKER and FUBeAR have made so many people hate on Furman. All you have to do is go back page by page and you will see where this all stems from.

And it IS NOT ME. I am just angry because ONE DAY of posts and all of a sudden people lump me in with others I don't belong with. Several posts and DMs there have thanked me for not being like the two I mention. And look, I LOVE FUBeAR and his insights, and he also has some wonderful points... but they don't resonate well on AGS in the way presented.

That said its really FUGAMEBREAKER that gives us a bad name.
 #62093  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:38 pm
Sorrry guys - I am just SHOCKED that purplehorse would do so little research before making such a rude claim. Get some long-term data. Then reply - I will be surprised if you reply without bias honestly. Please read the threads I mention

I gave you the data above (that you SHOULD have gotten' yourself before calling one guy out). Either read AGS a lot or don't comment on it.

Many of us are there a lot - myself as gofurman, Paladin Nation, OL FU, FU Paladin 08, SC PALADIN.. we know what we are talking about as we have been there a minute..

Matter of fact Paladin Nation even got 'Mad' at FUGAMEBREAKER for the "Lets just all be honest, Incarnate Word is the stupidest sounding university name I have ever heard in my life, I don't care about its religious connotations, it sounds cheap af" ... "Cheap as f*ck" comment about Incarnate Word's name. I don't think anyone else would post anything like that. At all.

Paladin Nation Called him out or something. But you woulda know that had you done your research
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #62094  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:48 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:00 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:25 am
To follow Jackal’s points…I don’t get worked up over officiating as long as they are consistent for both teams. Obviously IWU coaches their dbs to play that way. It will be interesting to follow the remaining games and watch their technique. We will learn from this one and adjust. Like Astro said in another post, this was not a one season wonder for us. We will return next season as a more experienced team. We can also see how IMPORTANT a seed is!

They are certainly coached that way. UIW plays a lot of man coverage and certainly did so against Furman in an effort to add more men to the box against the run.

Some teams take the position that the refs aren't going to call PI or holding on every play, so they'll keep grabbing receivers. UIW appears to be one of those teams.

I noticed in the lead up that they were one of the nation's most penalized teams. You can see why. They aren't really "mistakes," but being coached to play within the edge of the rule.

I was surprised that their receivers are basically moving forward on every snap. Felt very much like watching an option team, where they are moving right before the snap. Sometimes they were moving so fast they were snapping the ball before they could get set. Cost of doing business in their offense. 5 yards is nothing to them.
yep - FSU used to do this (Bowden said so) in that he didn't mind late hits etc (a few) to intimidate the other team early on.

It appears UIW just accepts they will get whistles as the net is a positive (in their theory) as it allows them to go faster than is seen most anywhere else. I recall Georgetown basketball used to accept goaltends being called in the 80s etc. (Ewing) just to intimidate people. It's within the rules as long as you accept the penalty.

Honestly, I think CCH might have done well to talk to the refs about this - early movement - a little more. Maybe one or two more whistles woulda won it for us. That said, the PI calls were all over the place - both not called and called when not a penalty
 #62096  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:48 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:04 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:00 pm
great season guys.sutsy 2nd half comeback.good halftime adjustments by coaches.thanks guys.

We played the nation's top offense. Took their best shot, and was able to fight back.

UIW made a few more plays late in the game. That was the difference.

Our guys played their butts off. Was proud of their effort.
Great effort.

But THREE HUNDRED YARDS was the difference. I know. I know. Yards vs points but eventually too much yardage is hard to overcome

THREE HUNDRED yards overcame their 16 penalties AND a negative turnover ratio AND all the missed fourth down attempts for 0 points in the red zone.

Don’t argue. Well, get a stat on the number of games where a team gaining 600+ yards beats a team gaining 300+ yards. Then I’ll listen. But we both know it is VERY VERY HIGH. Heck it would be interesting to know how often Furman wins when out gaining an opponent by 300 yards. I bet we win those 90-95% of the time EASILY.

Congrats UIW.
 #62097  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:25 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:25 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:15 am
I’m proud of Furman. Great year

But One thing I have to say. Everyone was all about “just get ‘em into 4th quarter and they haven’t had tough fights or close games late”. How did that work out? Not. Too. Good. Their WRs are just too fast for us. They are. I mean cmon they out gained us by what, THREE HUNDRED YARDS!!!!! They are like a super version of western Carolina

And their D was LEGIT. we couldn’t run well enough. We had what, 3 points from real offense in first half?

Also their backs and QB as well as WRs were just so athletic. We often missed the back on first tackle and had to gang tackle or they would break for 4 more yards. It just seemed their skill players were a fair bit more athletic than ours. No doubt their WRs kept getting behind our DBs. Just fact. We never could get behind their DBs for anything like their 80 yard TD. the Harris one was the closest but their defender fell there
You mean other than the deep throw where our WR got behind the defenders, our WRs could never get behind their defenders?

We struggled with their quickness and speed in the first half, but made adjustments in the second half and really shut them down for much of the game. They were always going to get yards. Hendrix said early on this was not going to be a defensive slugfest. It was the type of game most people were expecting.

That was the best offense in the FCS. They are tops in virtually every category for a reason. They made more plays than we did down the stretch.

We don't have to dissect this too much - We faced a very good football team that has basically run straight through every team they've faced this year. We took their best shot coming off an off week and playing at home. We fought our tails off and came off just short.
Look I saw most of game. Ok. So we got behind them ONCE. ONCE it sounds like you are saying. Musta missed it. I saw all but about 10 minutes so just have been in that time frame. Fine. . . Other than their db being pushed lightly” by Harris. Lol. For the entire first and last 5 minutes they boat raced us with receivers. So that’s a good 35 minutes.

Well, anyway, I’ll let that go …. I’m just coming from this. It really seems we can never get the absolute burners some teams have.

Let’s focus on that. WCU WRs we’re clearly faster and rangier than ours. As were UIW. Those are facts. Every year we hear we got some new speedy guy but they are never quite as fast as the elite teams. I think Harris is an upgrade. But without that ‘push’ he was covered. WCU and UIW had times they ran right by us. Hell for the go ahead TD our db got his azz burned. Knew it was coming, it was inevitable. Surprised we didn’t offer more safety help on some throws.

I am just saying they probably had their WRs burn us with speed and get true separation 2 or 3 times more than we could. I think that’s a fact. Our game was supposed to be running - keep that offense off the field - but credit their DL we couldn’t really run. Thus 300+ yards for us. 600 for them

And thus the difference in UIW and western Carolina game. We ran all over WCU … Kept their O on sideline. Until a HORRIFIC fourth quarter. Ugh. But we couldn’t run in first half or do much of anything at all ( basically 3 points from offense. Good grief ) vs UIW. They ate up our supposed all conference OL. They did. Pass pro we did well but running was really poor in first half. And so many pre snap penalties. Man. Just over and over. Same guys who are seniors keep jumping. It’s not even a loud stadium
 #62098  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:42 am
One thing that’s ironic. Having Huff you would think we would learn to defend a running QB.

Both Western and UIW beat us with this.

At UIW our entire team (Huff, Roberto, Abrams etc etc) ran 36 times for 161 yards. Our WHOLE team.

Their QB Scott. By HIMSELF - ran for 124 yards on 23 attempts. I think that counts sacks. That’s well over 5 yards per attempt. He was definitely dropping our guys on the ground. Just too athletic. I haven’t seen a guy just keep making us miss so much. He’s a faster more agile version of Huff. The announcer said “that is not going on Furman LB highlight film”. I’ll leave out the name.

Just surprised this wasn’t mentioned more.

Also,for them being the “passing team” they ran for 50 more yds than we did. Again , a lot Bc we couldn’t get the qb to the ground

One thing that is a bit shocking. They ran 97 plays to our 64. That’s hard to overcome. Very Impressed our D wasn’t gassed. I have to admit despite CCH relating them to WCU and Samford, neither of those teams goes at near that pace. They are quick but not at that pace.
 #62099  by AstroDin
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:38 am
We need to put this game to bed… night-night!

Concerning—AGS.
Yep, I'm Paladin Nation on AGS.
I did call out FuGameBreaker over the UICW name comment.

AGS is a different animal than the ole UFFP.
Furman gets a lot of East Coast respect and just a little respect from schools west of the Mississippi.
That should be expected from most FCS fans, and I bet most weren't FCS fans in 2001—2005.

Still—I expect Furman to finish out in the top 10. And get ranked pretty high on the first AGS ballot next season.

Now—FuGameBreaker—I think I know who you are.
I guess you want to have fun, troll, and stir things up.
You are funny, and there is truth in what you say.
What you accomplish—is a lot of FCS fans on the board hate Furman because of your posts.
In the end, does it matter? I guess not—I hate that Furman gets put in the same bucket with Kennesaw and Chatty due to some past extreme posters.

GoFu, I also get what you're doing on AGS. You're trying to be rational and spotlight why Furman should get some respect. You might turn a few, but sadly, we all have biases.
FUwolfpacker, gman84 liked this
 #62101  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:30 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:38 am
We need to put this game to bed… night-night!

Concerning—AGS.
Yep, I'm Paladin Nation on AGS.
I did call out FuGameBreaker over the UICW name comment.

AGS is a different animal than the ole UFFP.
Furman gets a lot of East Coast respect and just a little respect from schools west of the Mississippi.
That should be expected from most FCS fans, and I bet most weren't FCS fans in 2001—2005.

Still—I expect Furman to finish out in the top 10. And get ranked pretty high on the first AGS ballot next season.

Now—FuGameBreaker—I think I know who you are.
I guess you want to have fun, troll, and stir things up.
You are funny, and there is truth in what you say.
What you accomplish—is a lot of FCS fans on the board hate Furman because of your posts.
In the end, does it matter? I guess not—I hate that Furman gets put in the same bucket with Kennesaw and Chatty due to some past extreme posters.

GoFu, I also get what you're doing on AGS. You're trying to be rational and spotlight why Furman should get some respect. You might turn a few, but sadly, we all have biases.
Astro, I want to thank you !!! for seeing that I attempt to be rational - heck, I know some here think I am too hard on our Paladins ! That shows I must have something of an unbiased lens

I personally don't know or have any idea who FUGAMEBREAKER is. Don't need to I guess... Anyway, even last night I went back and congratulated Elon on their season.

I agree we need to put this to rest. Though I would still like to see Purplehorse apologize. He did take ONE day of data and assume the rest. As you know and just stated it is really FUGAMEBREAKER that makes us cringe. If you read the totality of my posts over even the last few threads I had one bad day (and a BIG reason for it unrelated to football) and got lumped in with people I don't belong. That does not reflect well on our school to think people take such a limited sample size and Assume the rest. That's like seeing Huff have one bad game and assuming he is a poor QB. Its ONE GAME. Let's see how a QB develops etc. As in this example, Huff is great !!

It would still be nice of those above to just give a simple apology. I bet Jackal has been on AGS a long time and knows that is not the usual me.
 #62105  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:31 am
Anyway, I am glad we had such a great season. I will start a thread on who is returning as all this crazy COVID etc etc is too much for my old brain. LOL

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2024 opponents

by Affirm

Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 am

User avatar PreSeason Poll

by FUBeAR

Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 am

Default Avatar Roster Rebuild

by furpop16

Sat May 18, 2024 2:15 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by FU Hoopla

Fri May 17, 2024 11:27 pm

User avatar 100 DAYS

by apaladin

Fri May 17, 2024 10:28 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.