• FURMAN AT OLE MISS-WE HAVE A CHANCE

#89889  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:57 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:50 pm
If you guys can find some positives in this total ass whipping, I need to get my eyesight checked. At halftime, this is already the most embarrassing Furman game I’ve watched in 45 years!
1. Run defense has been pretty stout. Sledding hasn't been easy in the middle.

2. We've banged the Qb around a bit. DiMaggio has been in his grill a few times.

3. I do not believe we surrendered a sack.

4. Playing a lot of guys.

5. Ryan Lamb is credited with a reception.

6. Had two shot plays of nearly 40 yards
 #89890  by Afurmanfan
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:04 pm
Duane Vaughn didn’t forget how to coach a defense. But our new starters against these receivers and a qb that 80% of the plays has a lot of time is a recipe for what we are seeing.
 #89891  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:05 pm
Afurmanfan wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:04 pm
Duane Vaughn didn’t forget how to coach a defense. But our new starters against these receivers and a qb that 80% of the plays has a lot of time is a recipe for what we are seeing.
Ole Miss also trying to get their heisman candidate a big half before he sits.
Choir Boy liked this
 #89892  by Paladin83
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:07 pm
Fu wolfpacker, I literally told my son my expectations before the game were to score and keep it under 50. Not exactly high expectations! We should stop scheduling SEC. schools. I’d rather play 2 lower conference FBS schools for the same money. This is totally demoralizing!
Choir Boy liked this
 #89893  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:08 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
Fu wolfpacker, I literally told my son my expectations before the game were to score and keep it under 50. Not exactly high expectations! We should stop scheduling SEC. schools. I’d rather play 2 lower conference FBS schools for the same money. This is totally demoralizing!
We probably should stop scheduling these games. College football today isn't what it was 20, 30, 40 years ago.
 #89894  by FurmAlum
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:10 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:36 pm
this is the worst performance on defense I have ever seen
Jesse174 you can take your snarky comments and shove it. Why don't you join the Ole Miss fan board. And blowjob 93 "liked this."

We have 4 new young DB's that are having a tough night, but our run defense hasn't been bad. When they've run.

We've played FBS teams before competitively but we've never played a top 5 FBS team. This game means nothing.

You never make a comment about any Furman sports team that's not negative. It would be fine if we never heard from you again.
 #89896  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:15 pm
It's an impossible situation for us. We can't pressure them and we can't cover them downfield without pressure. When we drop back, they just sling it to the edge with space.
 #89898  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:19 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
This is totally demoralizing!
Hopefully just to you and not your son or the football team. (I'm not intending that to be mean, I've got no issue with you or how you feel) We all get it, it sucks. I hoped it wouldn't be this bad either, but Mercer, who made the playoffs, lost by a ton as well to an Ole Miss team that wasn't as good as this one (I think).

Assuming the team flushes it and moves on, just get better and go take it out on CSU....who just lost to Citadel.

You win next week, curb stomp Stetson, and then hope we're rolling by the time we play W&M.

South Carolina ran it up on us to a degree as well and the season turned out ok last year.

It's a long season. Let's just see what happens.
 #89900  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:25 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:16 pm
Can we throw out the white flag and let it end? This could be the worst beat down in history.
Probably going to be. It sucks and feels like a football to the going after a long off season. Still not worried about it.

Furman is not going to be able to compete against top 10 SEC teams going forward. No one has to accept that, but these games are going to be tough for you if we keep scheduling top level SEC teams. I'm fine if we don't play them again. Even though I'm not going to worry about it, this isn't fun for me either. I'm just trying to watch some of the new guys and see how they play.

Anyone not going to the game next week because of this game? I'll take your tickets if you want to donate them.

Recent Topics

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by FUTex

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:45 am

Default Avatar New Fan...

by MemorialMagic

Thu Sep 19, 2024 1:31 am

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:15 am

User avatar starting lineup projection

by apaladin

Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:06 am

User avatar TALENT FEE

by apaladin

Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:01 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.