#89781  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:02 pm
gman84 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:16 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:25 am
Except for SD State, of the 9 FCS games vs. top 25 FBS games this weekend FU has the best chance to win at 2.7% and they are playing the highest rated FBS team. ESPN has the point spread down to 42 and the over/under at 60.5 which seems really low.

I'd be pissed if I was Oklahoma State's coach and the AD told me that our "cupcake" FCS opponent was South Dakota State.
That would be one dumb AD if he thought SDSU was a "cupcake".
He'll be right there along with the Colorado guy that set up a game with North Dakota State.
 #89848  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:30 pm
Keeler's latest comments on the lack of a depth chart.

As I think about it, none of us, including Ole Miss, have any idea what Furman is going to do tonight.
True but knowng or not knowing the depth chart has nothing to do with it. Us fans don’t know the players and ole miss certainly won’t because there is no film on 80-90% of the players that will play for FU tonight.
 #89853  by FUwolfpacker
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:47 pm
Unless there is a written agreement with Ole Miss that we can wear all white as well, there has to be a contrast in colors. An FCS team was penalized for that on Thursday. If there is an agreement in writing, then I’m confused as to why we’d want to also wear all white against a team doing a white out.

Ole Miss doesn’t release a depth chart so we don’t either. Ole miss does a white out at home so we get the ok to wear all white as well? That is some real FU energy if true! 😂
 #89854  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:08 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:47 pm
Unless there is a written agreement with Ole Miss that we can wear all white as well, there has to be a contrast in colors. An FCS team was penalized for that on Thursday. If there is an agreement in writing, then I’m confused as to why we’d want to also wear all white against a team doing a white out.

Ole Miss doesn’t release a depth chart so we don’t either. Ole miss does a white out at home so we get the ok to wear all white as well? That is some real FU energy if true! 😂
FUBeAR believes … the home Team has the choice of uniform colors … BUT … If the Moles failed to properly communicate an intent to wear white or light colored uniforms, the default is that the Home Team wears darker jerseys. In such case, there cannot be an expectation that Furman would have traveled with anything other than (visiting) white jerseys. If they didn’t officially advise in advance, they can wear dark uniforms and Furman cannot send a GA over to Wal-Mart in Oxford and pick up a set of dark jerseys.

Recent Topics

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by FUBeAR

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:53 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:00 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by FurmanFan23

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:35 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by Davemeister

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:17 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.