• Furman @ WCCC Oct. 21st

#77445  by wcugrad95
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:32 am
For tailgating - the spot FUBeAR pointed out I believe is still a good spot, but is a little bit of a walk. Becaue of the parking garage being built in the lot betwen the Ramsey Center and the baseball stadium, that spot is now parking-only - although I don't know if they would have any problems if you set something up outside of the garage in the grass areas. The Admin lot that I saw some of you already got spots in is over at the main entrance and does allow tailgating. The old elementary school (Camp Lab) is now an area where RVs are allowed and there is a sizeable WCU-based tailgating party that you might see mentioned if you come to our board. Good setup, really good food, and also good people if you want to respectfully mix-it-up with the opponent's fans.

The parking areas right by the field are now primarily Catamount Club members and people who have paid for season-long parking passes. Another good WCU tailgaring area is just out of the picture across the creek from lots 9A and 9B. Really nice spot, usually several tents and decent tailgates, and for the most part good people (but againg - mostly WCU Cat Club members, just ones that might be more approachable as a guest).
FUBeAR liked this
 #77446  by wcugrad95
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:35 am
Also a reminder that the WCU students are on fall break this week. I have seen posts and Tweets that groups are coming back for the game, and I think some of the fraternities were trying to rally their groups. But I don't know how many students will show up. I am hopeful we still have 10k there, but who knows. So far this season we have averaged roughly 12,800 (over 13k at the Samford game).
 #77448  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:55 am
palafan wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:05 am
Bootie wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:21 pm
I'm scared about this game.
If we play like we have the last two games- disaster waiting.

I'm not entirely sure what all the beef was about in the Samford game.

We didn't look great on the opening possession. They scored on a long pass play and our first drive ended with a tipped ball interception. Not a great start.

Beyond that, I really only had an issue with two drives the rest of the game:

1. Leading 24-14, we got the ball at midfield and drove inside Samford's 15 yard line, couldn't convert, and missed a 31 yard field goal. Converting a touchdown there and the game would have been just about wrapped up. Even a field goal there would have given Furman a two touchdown lead.

2. On Samford's last scoring drive, our defense had Samford in 3rd and long 3 times and 4th down twice. We just could not get off the field.

Other than that, it was a hard fought contest. Samford wanted it bad. We wanted it more.
 #77457  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:59 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:49 am
Hang on just a second…did FUBeAR just spot the Mayoan Mullet in that clip?

FU Hoopla liked this
 #77461  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:12 pm
You can see right there the benefit of those top 4 seeds.

Furman and Delaware are the only teams in the Top 8 east of the Mississippi. So, you get one game in and then it's cross country travel.

WCU Grad is also correct. It's a fairly high likelihood that the winner of Saturday's game has a pretty decent shot to host the other team in a rematch this post season.
Victor Greene liked this
 #77464  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:34 pm
A few interesting things from the show today…

Josh Harris practiced today so he should be a go for Saturday.
Also, KT practiced today.
And, CCH mentioned that Grant Robinson might be able to come back in a couple of weeks.

CCH raved about the play of young guys (freshmen) on the scout team. He mentioned that in the next several games you will see some new names pop up as Furman takes advantage of the four-game rule. Another interesting note, this season they can play in the playoffs and lose that redshirt if the four-game rule applies to them.
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by Affirm

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:10 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.