• Furman at Montana

#82951  by Bootie
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:11 pm
Slo-mo for your viewing pleasure…

Stumpy liked this
 #82953  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:22 pm
I think it is Dimaggio in the middle of the field. The Montana blocker grabs him. Then a second guy basically grabs him from behind and they wrestle him out of the hole.

Spare me the great design of kick return. Montana basically mugged Furman's best tackler in the middle of the field.
gman84, AstroDin, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #82960  by Sad Din
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:30 pm
Bootie wrote:

Not an expert on this but SD saw two.

Dont know how ref missed this.

Dins player was already ahead of defender and defender engages from behind
 #82961  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:34 pm
UM fans consider that one of the great plays in their programs recent history.

It should have been 1st and 10 from inside their 10 yard line.

Now, I will also say these CAA refs didn't call squat all game. I like "let them play," but they let Grizzly players get away with dragging guys down all over the field.
Last edited by The Jackal on Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choir Boy liked this
 #82962  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:35 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Bootie wrote:

Where is Bootie to tell all you guys: "You’ll be happier in life when you learn how to let things go." :lol: :lol:
 #82966  by Bootie
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:42 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Bootie wrote:

Where is Bootie to tell all you guys: "You’ll be happier in life when you learn how to let things go." :lol: :lol:
I’m right here, posting to whom I please. It should properly read, we’ll all be happier in life if you’ll learn how to let things go. 😂
Choir Boy liked this
 #82967  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:43 pm
Bootie wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:42 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
Bootie wrote:

I’m right here, posting to whom I please. It should properly read, we’ll all be happier in life if you’ll learn how to let things go. 😂

#82968  by jesse174
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:54 pm
I saw 2 or 3 on the slo mo replay...one should have been called..and several others later in game
AstroDin, Affirm liked this
 #82981  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:42 pm
Sorry - but FUBeAR thinks we are under-acknowledging the scope of the uncalled fouls on those returns and the utter incompetence (or worse) of this Officiating crew.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/S4Dm3Xw

Above is a link to a gallery of 5 pics showing the 7 Montana Players committing illegal - yet allowed by this Officiating crew - blocks on 6 Furman Players.

There were also 4 blocks in the back on the Punt Return TD, but because they were ‘only’ ‘bumps’ from behind (which are just as illegal as completely wiping out the Defender - any contact from behind is a “block in the back”)

Block in the Back
ARTICLE 4.
A block in the back is contact against an opponent occurring when the force of the initial contact is from behind and above the waist.

…and the Montana Players held their arms out to their sides after making contact from behind, FUBeAR guesses to indicate (falsely) that they had not made contact, these fouls don’t translate as obviously to screenshots. Can post those also, but they aren’t as clearly fouls as these are.
Affirm, Paul C liked this
 #82984  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:41 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:22 pm
I think it is Dimaggio in the middle of the field. The Montana blocker grabs him. Then a second guy basically grabs him from behind and they wrestle him out of the hole.

Spare me the great design of kick return. Montana basically mugged Furman's best tackler in the middle of the field.
Aren’t you the one that says POINTS not yards count. POINTS.

WELL THIS IS POINTS.

IT ALSO IS A GREAT DESIGN - if a “maybe we call it mugging” outplays OUR ENTIRE YEAR OF KICKOFF RETURNS. ( we NEVER had one past the 50?????) then we got it handed to us. Freakin handed to us. I will take a 50/50 “maybe” the ref catches it return on investment vs a TD EVERY TIME

THINK ABOUT IT. if they get caught with a penalty they start on the 10 yard line. If they don’t get caught they get 7 points in a game where points are at a premium. 10 yard line versus SEVEN POINTS. I only wish we would do that. It’s a calculated risk. Return. On. Investment.

Bobby Bowden did it in his heyday. You have mentioned this too. He would allow FSU a few late hits on QBs in an effort to make the opposing guys think twice later in the game. It was a calculated risk.

Something to consider. Calculated risks

Really did we ever cross mid field on a kick off ALL YEAR.?????? I am truly asking
 #82993  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:51 am
Just in case anyone is interested in taking in the post mortem from these 2 jabronis / posers.

Much more respectful, but no less idiotic. Honestly, if you summed the IQ’s of these 2, FUBeAR is highly doubtful that you would scare triple digits.

Anyway, the part when they ramble on near-incoherently about the Furman @ Montana game goes from about 7 minutes in until about the 50 minute mark. FUBeAR recommends not wasting your time, but he knows some of you share FUBeAR’s penchant for masochism (you who are fellow Falcons fans, at least)…so, um, enjoy…or don’t. It’s awful.

#83015  by FUDude
 Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:22 pm
Over the last few years I have made a personal decision to not listen to people that look like those two. About anything, look at them. They couldn't teach me anything about life, sports or health.

If they wanted to chat about weakness, low T or soccer I am sure I could pick up something since they look well versed on those subjects. Look at them.
FUBeAR, Bootie, gofurman liked this
 #83035  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:56 pm
FUDude wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:22 pm
Over the last few years I have made a personal decision to not listen to people that look like those two. About anything, look at them. They couldn't teach me anything about life, sports or health.

If they wanted to chat about weakness, low T or soccer I am sure I could pick up something since they look well versed on those subjects. Look at them.
I want Montana’s to win or show well as it makes us look good

However if they lose or get smacked I will smile thinking of these type guys and their suffering. Maybe I will call in and pose as a Montana fan and ask a ridiculous question like why was the SoCOn DL so hard for “us” to handle ☺️

Seriously what is their phone number ? I am really asking

Recent Topics

Default Avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by Affirm

Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:33 pm

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:19 pm

User avatar Preseason '24

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:14 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:27 pm

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by FUBF24

Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:23 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.