• FURMAN AT OLE MISS-WE HAVE A CHANCE

#89705  by AllTimeFU
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:06 am
The OL will be big, but seems to be both put together by the portal and a few injuries. In the last podcast it sounded like the center may be out. We know it takes a few games to get the continuity at the OL. We’ll probably experience some of the same.
 #89709  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:15 pm
themetalreb wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:59 am
"Ole Miss is going to be a bit like Samford'.............well, if that is the case, we are not going to have the season we're hoping for.
Did you watch Samford play Florida in ‘21 or Florida State in ‘18 or Mississippi State in ‘16?

Sure, the HomewoodHounds are not on the same level as Furman is, but it’s really an honor for the Ole Miss Offense to be mentioned in the same sentence with the “Hatch Attack”
 #89710  by themetalreb
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:21 pm
Maybe so....BTW, I will be surprised if we play fast Saturday. I'm sure we will use tempo at times, but with our injury situation, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiffin plays for a quick game.
FUBeAR liked this
 #89711  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:39 pm
Hot off the presses…FUBeAR’s Prediculation…

DATE | AWAY | HOME | What shall be, unburdened by what has been…
8/31 | FURMAN | OLE MISS | All day tailgating in The Grove in Oxford and a gloriously hot and humid Saturday night in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. It really doesn’t get much better than that. Well, half a million $’s also makes it an even nicer day for our heroic Paladins.

You know what makes it even better - a SCALP from a Top 5 FBS SEC Team.

Ole Miss has not taken Football seriously since their sham of a “Spring Game” featured Tug-o-Wars and Hot Dog Eating Contests. Coach Freshwater is focused on creeping on CoEd Hotties and half of their Players are sitting this one out with “injuries.” Expect them to enter the game when they find themselves 2 scores down late in the 2nd quarter.

Paladins have their mojo tuned just right and a band of new purple warriors shows their stuff and maintains Furman’s undefeated record of 100 years of dominance against the RebelBearsLandSharkHoundsMoles and SHOCKS THE WORLD!!

FU 28 - UM 23
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bootie liked this
 #89713  by HKB60
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:57 pm
I watched Lane Kiffin's press conference from Monday and he commented on how the new communication system between Coordinators and th QB on offense and the LB on defense has been a great addition to play calling. does FU have the communication system? If not, is Ole Miss allowed to use theirs??
By the way, the only reason FUBear played well vs USC in 1982 is because the guard that played next to him told him the play we were running when we were breaking out of the huddle!!
 #89714  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:02 pm
themetalreb wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:43 pm
Well there it is...will you be able to make the trip over FUBeAR?
Nah … y’all are too proud of those hotel rooms on Football weekends.

If FUBeAR had never been to Oxford, The Grove, and/or an Ole Miss Football game though … he wouldn’t have missed it for any amount of kwan.

Anyone that does go will have an amazing time. FUBeAR considers it quite akin to his visit(s) to Augusta National to see The Masters. It’s pretty much a cathedral there in Oxford; same as Augusta.
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #89717  by FUPlayer74
 Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:33 pm
HKB60 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:57 pm
I watched Lane Kiffin's press conference from Monday and he commented on how the new communication system between Coordinators and th QB on offense and the LB on defense has been a great addition to play calling. does FU have the communication system? If not, is Ole Miss allowed to use theirs??
By the way, the only reason FUBear played well vs USC in 1982 is because the guard that played next to him told him the play we were running when we were breaking out of the huddle!!
It is my understanding that FCS will not use it for FCS v FCS games, but it will be available for FCS v FBS games.
Not sure if FU will opt to use it for the game.
 #89753  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:25 am
Except for SD State, of the 9 FCS games vs. top 25 FBS games this weekend FU has the best chance to win at 2.7% and they are playing the highest rated FBS team. ESPN has the point spread down to 42 and the over/under at 60.5 which seems really low.
 #89777  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:01 pm
apaladin wrote:
Except for SD State, of the 9 FCS games vs. top 25 FBS games this weekend FU has the best chance to win at 2.7% and they are playing the highest rated FBS team. ESPN has the point spread down to 42 and the over/under at 60.5 which seems really low.

I'd be pissed if I was Oklahoma State's coach and the AD told me that our "cupcake" FCS opponent was South Dakota State.
bj93 liked this
 #89780  by gman84
 Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:16 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:01 pm
apaladin wrote:

I'd be pissed if I was Oklahoma State's coach and the AD told me that our "cupcake" FCS opponent was South Dakota State.
That would be one dumb AD if he thought SDSU was a "cupcake".

Recent Topics

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by FUBeAR

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:53 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:00 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by FurmanFan23

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:35 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by Davemeister

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:17 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.