• Furman @ WCCC Oct. 21st

#77423  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:35 am
Let's do a roll call…
Who's going?

I'm going plus one.
FYI, I do recommend grabbing a parking pass online. One lot is already sold out, and parking at the WEE is terrible.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #77424  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:45 am
AstroDin wrote:
Let's do a roll call…
Who's going?

I'm going plus one.
FYI, I do recommend grabbing a parking pass online. One lot is already sold out, and parking at the WEE is terrible.
Which lot is sold already, the one by the baseball field?
 #77425  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:38 am
ventured to the Catamount forum. . .

Seems half their fans think Furman is vastly overrated and has played nobody.

The other half seems to recognize that Furman is the best team WCU will play all season.
 #77427  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:46 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Let's do a roll call…
Who's going?

I'm going plus one.
You need to go to the WCU ticket site — I bought my parking pass two weeks ago in the parking deck at the baseball field.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #77428  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:19 am
I have to wonder whether WCU fans are going to start a collection to get Dominic Roberto a graduation gift.

In 4 games against the Catamounts, Roberto has rushed (by my calculation) for 509 yards and 7 touchdowns. That comes out to 6.5 yards per carry and includes two games where he was a more rarely used depth chart guy.

Over the last two games alone, Roberto has hit WCU for 449 yards, 6 touchdowns, at a 9.15 yard per carry clip. Put another way, he's running for a first down essentially every time he touches it.

According to yesterday's press release, Roberto has broken into the top 10 all time Furman rushers with 2,508 yards. My math would indicate that over 20% of Roberto's rushing yards for his career have come just against Western Carolina.
AstroDin, FUBeAR, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #77436  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:19 am
I have zero evidence to back this up.
My gut tells me Furman takes Western more seriously than Western takes Furman.
CCH commented on one of the post-game interviews that Furman's not getting much credit, but we'll be ready for Saturday. I think most people (YoTuber's etc) are picking WCU.
 #77437  by fupaladin01
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:34 am
I am going up with 2 other fellas. Got parking passes in administration lot (where tailgating IS allowed) but parking is still available in the deck beside it (no tailgating allowed).

I have no idea what is going to happen- which is one reason I'm so excited to be there in person. Glass half-full- FU Defense gets a couple sacks, forces a funble or INT, and keeps WCU offfense under 35 and Roberto alongside flashy underclassmen recievers exploit an avg WCU D for 35+. Glass half empty, our O continues to struggle to execute and get the big play, and the WCU team speed exploits holes in our secondary for 40 points.

Best case - 35-30 Noble Knights
Worst case - 40-24 Mountain Kitties
bj93 liked this
 #77438  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:42 am
The Flags will be there. Never missed a game there in 37 years; no reason to start now. Plus, several of my tailgate crew are also making the trip.
FUBeAR, AstroDin liked this
 #77439  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:59 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:19 am
I have zero evidence to back this up.
My gut tells me Furman takes Western more seriously than Western takes Furman.
CCH commented on one of the post-game interviews that Furman's not getting much credit, but we'll be ready for Saturday. I think most people (YoTuber's etc) are picking WCU.

I think Furman mentally knew it was going to have to go on the road in mid-October and beat a top 10 team.

It just turns out the team isn't the one we thought it would be.
 #77441  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:10 am
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:46 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
Let's do a roll call…
Who's going?

I'm going plus one.
You need to go to the WCU ticket site — I bought my parking pass two weeks ago in the parking deck at the baseball field.
Not sure if this is still relevant now that WCU has won 5 consecutive Super Bowls and is way better than any of the Steelers Teams of the 70’s…but a few years back FUBeAR led a good sized group of 20+ cars & 50+ people and had a wonderful tailgate at the spot marked. We arrived early, found plenty of available (and free, if FUBeAR recalls correctly) parking and were able to set up our tents in the nice grassy area you see. Yes…it’s a bit of walk to Whitmire, but FUBeAR likes to get good and warmed up before he enters the competitive arena. Attendance that day was about 10,500 and FUBeAR has heard WCU fans are expecting in excess of 85,000 this week…so parking may be tougher.

Just a thought…maybe our resident WCU poster (the good one) can comment as to the viability of this location for Paladin Tailgaters / Tailgating Groups…

Last edited by FUBeAR on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
FU Hoopla, AstroDin liked this
 #77443  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:20 am
Stumpy wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:11 am
Confused? Is that a shepherd’s crook?

Are we trying to keep the poor kitties from drowning in their own hype?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by Affirm

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:10 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.