• Furman at Western Negative Nancy Game Thread

#77623  by FUTex
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:09 pm
Go to 25:30 in the Youtube documentary and the academician talks about the little people tunnels under the football stadium. They're real, and probably evil, and they gonna put the haints on you. Oh man we're gonna get creamed. Our only hope is a superior blocking force. The buckeyes are a good first step.

Does anybody know if CCH can do a Warding of Evil dance?
Bootie liked this
 #77625  by Fred Garvin
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:26 pm
I have lived in perpetual misery since you guys ran off:
1. GSU88
2. Cletus
3. Freebird
4.Benwah
5. Anyone that posted on that awesome site furmanfans.com

Furthermore I pray 5 times a day to a small statue that is a replica of Good Knight. I keep a bottle of Merlot and 2 Xanex beside the statue to keep him happy.
MNORM, Bootie, FUBeAR and 3 others liked this
 #77626  by Bootie
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:37 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
1. GSU88
2. Cletus
3. Freebird
4.Benwah

Furthermore I pray 5 times a day to a small statue that is a replica of Good Knight. I keep a bottle of Merlot and 2 Xanex beside the statue to keep him happy.
CCLOT TNAI BATT GKDLAMW
cavedweller2 liked this
 #77628  by gofurman
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:27 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
1. GSU88
2. Cletus
3. Freebird
4.Benwah

Fred Garvin rocks. Most of the others too.

That said, Benwah (yeah, I know what those are) once went off on me and had to have an admin intervention so NO he ain't cool..

I recall it like it was yesterday - GF "yeah, our special teams are real special".. (they were bad in said year). It was just a dumb pun. He. WENT. OFF. I was told why (the admin were stricter then and sent PM to me to apologize for him ) but - again - when others have to apologize FOR YOU (for how he treated me) that says A LOT. Administrators had to shut him down or something for a while. Started telling me to "F off" constantly. For that one phrase. WOW.. When the admin have to come in and shut you down you lose most of your credibility.

GK - man, that was a crazy one. I assume he passed on. RIP
 #77632  by FUTex
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:18 pm
On a more topical note, I have never been to Cullowhee without drinking to excess. By the time we'd get to Sylvia I would be HAMMERED.

One time I went up to WCU with Bootie (who did not get drunk) in his massive truck and he told me the greatest story ever of getting bit by a rattlesnake. I don't remember the game that much, but I do remember Bootie's story of pizen snakes. And the fact that the forces of darkness wield a free hand up there. Outside of Greenville there are many horrors. Many horrors.

CCLOT TNAI BATT GKDLAMW
 #77642  by Flagman
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:39 pm
CCLOT TNAI BATT GKDLAMW
The wife just came to me for the translation of the above. Those were the days.
Bootie liked this
 #77644  by FurmAlum
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:02 pm
FUTex got me concerned about all the Evil Spirits up in Culloweed so I checked in with the Football Office. Rumor has it that Coach CR has added a Witch Doctor to the staff. His name is Vivek Ramaswamy LeKook. I feel confidant in a Paladin victory.
 #77645  by Bootie
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:35 pm
FUTex wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:18 pm
On a more topical note, I have never been to Cullowhee without drinking to excess. By the time we'd get to Sylvia I would be HAMMERED.

One time I went up to WCU with Bootie (who did not get drunk) in his massive truck and he told me the greatest story ever of getting bit by a rattlesnake. I don't remember the game that much, but I do remember Bootie's story of pizen snakes. And the fact that the forces of darkness wield a free hand up there. Outside of Greenville there are many horrors. Many horrors.

CCLOT TNAI BATT GKDLAMW
I killed that serpent in my two hands with a knife. Maybe I should bring the tail to shake and ward off the spirits.

There's room in the truck again this year if you can make it to Greenville.
 #77650  by Bootie
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:33 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:15 pm
Bootie wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:35 pm
Maybe I should bring the tail to shake and ward off the spirits.
Just don’t do whatever it was you did on the field at App State back in 2006 (?). That did not go well…
That was baaad mojo. I took grass from midfield after our win at Paulson Stadium and then buried it in App State’s turf prior to that game around the 5 yard line. The mountain mojo doubled that day and the Miracle on the Mountain interception took place right there.

Sorry y’all, my bad. 😬

I don’t know what to do. Should I bring the rattle or leave it home??
 #77651  by FUTex
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:37 pm
Only a damn fool would leave that rattle at home.
Bootie, FUBeAR liked this
 #77655  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:17 pm
FUTex wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:37 pm
Only a damn fool would leave that rattle at home.
TRUE!

You must bring it and shake it from the top of the tallest building on WCU's campus in order to gain full coverage.

Looks like you have your choice of 2 venues...

Scott and Walker Halls
At nine stories apiece, Scott and Walker residence halls are the two tallest buildings on campus. Built in the late 1960s, they are the first structures you see when approaching WCU's main entrance

Uh oh...hang on... "Scott and Walker halls at Western Carolina University were nine-story buildings that were demolished in 2020."

So...best FUBeAR can tell...Alumni Tower is the structure what you gonna have to find, scale, and shake from...

Shouldn't be a problem...kinda has an FU Belltower kinda feel...only smaller...of course.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:52 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.