• Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

#83174  by FUwolfpacker
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:44 pm
Ok….

I think both sides of this have made the same points multiple times over. You guys aren’t going to agree and neither side is going to change the other side’s mind at this point. I don’t know how many more 8 paragraph posts we need saying the same thing.

I’m going to start compiling the names of guys I think the staff is considering in the portal. Important to remember that there will still be names entering the portal over the next couple of weeks. I haven’t seen any offers out yet, but maybe they’ll be ones to watch. Will try to get to it tonight or tomorrow.
bj93, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #83176  by gman84
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:29 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Ok….

I think both sides of this have made the same points multiple times over. You guys aren’t going to agree and neither side is going to change the other side’s mind at this point. I don’t know how many more 8 paragraph posts we need saying the same thing.

I’m going to start compiling the names of guys I think the staff is considering in the portal. Important to remember that there will still be names entering the portal over the next couple of weeks. I haven’t seen any offers out yet, but maybe they’ll be ones to watch. Will try to get to it tonight or tomorrow.
Agree.
Those two DII transfers that nobody got excited about last year worked out just fine.
FUwolfpacker, dornb liked this
 #83180  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:35 pm
gman84 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:29 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Ok….

Agree.
Those two DII transfers that nobody got excited about last year worked out just fine.

They sure did. And I noted this in my “8 paragraphs”. Pline in particular was just awesome. Awesome.
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #83181  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:44 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:13 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:45 am
Again I expect a little drop. But hope for 8-3

Unless I'm mistaken, we play 12 games in 2024. We can't go 8-3.
Dave, thanks. I appreciate the note - you are right sir. Twelve games. My mistake.
I’m guessing 8 - 4 maybe.

A TON of unknowns at this point - Who really leaves… who comes back from portal? Who leaves from our opponents. I’m chalking up Ole Miss….

I saw another utc WR hit the portal.

But still haven’t heard about Jay Person? Has he finished eligibility ? That’s a a huge one to me. I assume Artopeus is back

Has SAmford…. Heirs used up eligibility or is he leaving ? Chandler Smith?.. I think Stanton is still there….

:shock: Are either of the Mercer WRs leaving ?[/u][/b]. James or Harper ? Would be surprised if both stayed?

Any help here?
 #83182  by gofurman
 Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:47 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Ok….

FUWolfpacker, Appreciate it !!!!

Thanks and GO Pack ! BEAT UNC. ABC BABY.

Check your PMs when you get a minute 😀
 #83188  by Afurmanfan
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:21 am
We have had almost 100% turnover in coaches since Clay first arrived (everyone but Duane).
Do you feel like CCH currently has a worst staff than the first staff he had?
Many fans forget that change can also provide opportunity to improve.
I think we have as good a staff right now as we have had.
And if we don’t lose some, Clay has done a poor job.
 #83189  by furmandad
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:43 am
gofurman, the FCS AP All American team was announced several days ago. You’ve been asking about Jay Person’s eligibility. The AP All Americans list the players names and what year. For instance, Johanning was listed as a Fifth Year. Jay Person is listed as a Sixth Year. Hope this helps.
gofurman liked this
 #83200  by Davemeister
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:46 am
gofurman wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:44 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:13 pm
Unless I'm mistaken, we play 12 games in 2024. We can't go 8-3.
Dave, thanks. I appreciate the note - you are right sir. Twelve games. My mistake.
I’m guessing 8 - 4 maybe.

We will be fornunate to go 8-4. If someone offered it to me right now, I'd take it.
 #83201  by FUTex
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:57 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:27 am
Hope we can hold onto all our coaches.
Wait. I thought you disliked our coaching this year. I remember the comment "poor coaching" somewhere on or around the Samford thread. And, I thought you indicated that CCH wasn't that great of a coach on another thread, that he and the staff were just average. What changed your mind?
FUBeAR, MNORM liked this
 #83204  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:27 pm
FUTex wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Wait. I thought you disliked our coaching this year. I remember the comment "poor coaching" somewhere on or around the Samford thread. And, I thought you indicated that CCH wasn't that great of a coach on another thread, that he and the staff were just average. What changed your mind?
Dumb post, no coaches are perfect and yes they all made mistakes during the year as all coaches do.
 #83210  by Paul C
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
I hope we constantly lose coaches because Clay hires great ones and Furman becomes known as a fantastic place to advance your career.
 #83218  by FUTex
 Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:27 pm
FUTex wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Dumb post, no coaches are perfect and yes they all made mistakes during the year as all coaches do.
Uh uh. You've got the... You're the one that's got the thing with the dumb post on it.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Jalen Slawson Drafted, NBA Bound!

by Roundball

Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:46 pm

User avatar FURMAN MUST BE DOING OK

by FUBeAR

Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:09 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by AstroDin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:55 pm

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:36 pm

User avatar Long offseason

by FU Hoopla

Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:27 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.