• Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

#88673  by FUTex
 Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:39 pm
Quick question to help build the mojo for the Ole Miss game:

If Clay Hendrix and Seven-of-Nine had a baby, what position would it play?

FAMNNT BATT CCLOT
 #88698  by Davemeister
 Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:44 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:24 pm
There was a possum walking along my neighbors fence early this morning. My dog was losing it she wanted to get at that possum so bad. But she is only knee high and stout so she can’t jump that high. I kept waiting for that possum to vomit on the dog but it didn’t. It just hissed real loud and went down into my neighbors yard. I wonder if it knows Madine?

I fear for Madine's safety. Danger lurks at every turn. The stakes are high!

She must have Secret Service protection.
FUBeAR liked this
 #88701  by FUTex
 Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:18 pm
Did anyone interview that possum on Cave's fence? Does anyone know where it went after it went to the neighbor's yard?

Here's the point - Madine does not have the best security right now. Its not 24 hour protection, at all. She's sitting in a dog kennel on my back porch (covered). We don't have cameras back there.
 #88702  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:20 am
FUTex wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:18 pm
Did anyone interview that possum on Cave's fence? Does anyone know where it went after it went to the neighbor's yard?

Here's the point - Madine does not have the best security right now. Its not 24 hour protection, at all. She's sitting in a dog kennel on my back porch (covered). We don't have cameras back there.
Your porch must be slightly sloped…thus, impossible to protect.
Paladin82, Davemeister liked this
 #88706  by cavedweller2
 Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:11 pm
I asked my neighbor if he has interacted with the fence walking possum. He looked at me funny and asked what did I mean? I went on to explain marsupialization, possumry, mojo and meth addicted possums to him. He seemed to look at me like something was wrong. He didn’t say a word but went into his house, closed and locked his door and closed his curtains. Really strange.
 #88707  by cavedweller2
 Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:20 pm
DPLOT.

This is my other neighbor. Not Isaiah who left the morning off the Western game and ain’t back yet. We’ve taken care of his animals though. Funny how I have never seen a possum on his property. Ground hogs yes possums no. Goats, chickens, an emu and a duck that thinks it’s an emu. I keep waiting for him to show back up.
 #88766  by FUTex
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:16 am
If I had a goat I'd return for it.

Madine had some bad days. She appears on the mend now. I need to keep her in proper trebuchet shape. It just wouldn't do to hurl a sickly possum.
 #88768  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:18 am
The goat is cool. Keeps the grass cut, though it’s not a uniform height, and the bushes trimmed. Environmentally friendly. Emits occasional methane and free fertilizer.
 #88774  by FUTex
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:53 pm
That does indeed sound like a cool goat. A real jim-dandy. I think AP would like to hear more about this goat you speak of.

As a side note, I have a theory that the reason UFOs visit our planet but rarely stop to make contact is due to the build-up of goat methane. Its just too much.
 #88791  by Affirm
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:56 pm
Excited about Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy all-day social event in Memphis, TN, Thursday 8/29/24. Peabody Hotel, where ducks come to the lobby's indoor fountain every day. 70 min from Vaught/Hemingway Stadium & 15 min from Memphis Airport. Devoted Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy-ers are expected. Word is out that some guy will bring 6 ducks from Furman's Swan Lake as guests for the event event. Do not miss.
Roundball liked this
 #88792  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:41 pm
Affirm wrote:
Excited about Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy all-day social event in Memphis, TN, Thursday 8/29/24. Peabody Hotel, where ducks come to the lobby's indoor fountain every day. 70 min from Vaught/Hemingway Stadium & 15 min from Memphis Airport. Devoted Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy-ers are expected. Word is out that some guy will bring 6 ducks from Furman's Swan Lake as guests for the event event. Do not miss.
Though swans and ducks have learned to coexist somewhat peacefully, possums are the natural enemy of both.

FUBeAR smells trouble a-brewin’ in the King’s hometown.
 #88793  by cavedweller2
 Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:43 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:41 pm
Affirm wrote:
Though swans and ducks have learned to coexist somewhat peacefully, possums are the natural enemy of both.

FUBeAR smells trouble a-brewin’ in the King’s hometown.
I’ve been to the Peabody. I’ve seen the ducks. I’ve seen where they hang out. It is distinctly possible to catapult a live possum from the roof of the Peabody through the air into the Mississippi River. Or into the baseball park across the street. Or turn the catapult away from the Mississippi river and launch Madine over the top of not only the duck house but the Peabody itself. Right into Beale Street.
 #88799  by FUTex
 Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:05 am
Cave, it is nigh upon impossible to launch a possum from the top of The Peabody into the Mississippi River using medieval siege engines. The distance is 1,492 feet. We would have to disassemble a mighty catapult or trebuchet, haul the parts up to the rooftop, re-assemble the contraption, and hope our engineering is sufficient to hurl Madine into Old Man River over 3 football fields distance. We have to be realistic here.

Likewise, Beale Street is a distance. And we'd have to have the arc really high to clear the buildings and hit pavement right on Beale. We wouldn't want our Madine to go crashing through a bar window. Well, maybe we do. That's a tough call.

BUT, we could sneak a smaller device up to the rooftop and chuck Madine into the baseball field. That's doable. We'd have to clear the stands right behind home plate. Having Madine splat onto the exterior of a baseball field just won't do. That would be tacky.

Also, Affirm or somebody mentioned bringing some Furman ducks to The Peabody. Great idea, yet it won't play out well in the execution. A Furman duck would stalk and kill every last one of those Peabody ducks. Furman ducks are not to be trusted. They're vicious. And the swans are worse. Bitter, hateful hateful waterfowl. Ungrateful turd factories.

I had an incident with a Furman duck back in 1980. I got the short end of that exchange, let me tell you. Its enough to say I did not go back in the ring for Round 2. A few weeks later I liberated some Cesium from Dr. Trubeck's chemistry lab - it was in a jar in kerosene because Cesium hates water something fierce. I unscrewed that jar and tossed it on the nesting thingy where my nemesis duck was abiding. WHOOOOM; it made like a yellow colored dome eruption a good fifteen feet in diameter. F you duck, and F you swan.
 #88800  by Affirm
 Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:16 am
I understand consideration is being given for possibly moving the Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy convention to another venue relatively close to but not too close to Vaught/Hemingway Stadium or The Grove at Ole Miss. Moving it would alleviate all concerns and all thoughts about the Furman ducks. I understand that nominations for another venue are being taken. No offense intended to Memphis or to The Peabody or to The King or to Beale Street, etc. but the convention /social event probably needs to be within Mississippi anyway. No offense to Mississippi either.

Recent Topics

User avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by FUBeAR

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:53 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:00 pm

Default Avatar starting lineup projection

by FurmanFan23

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:35 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by Davemeister

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:17 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.