• Jason Donnelly Podcast - Submit Questions

#42085  by FUBeAR
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:50 pm
Fun hour - 3 impressive gentlemen talking FU Football & FU Athletics.

THANKS Dan!!!
Roundball, FurmAlum, AstroDin and 1 others liked this
 #42088  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:26 pm
Yes it was. Wish they would have gotten to more questions. Good that Dan will be doing a weekly show once the season starts and JD will join him once a month.
 #42090  by FurmAlum
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:38 pm
Just listened to the Podcast replay. I agree, that was very impressive. One of the best parts:

Dan- "Some people floated the idea that playing games in the spring might be too many games in one year, etc. What do you think Clay?"

Clay - "I don't think that at all! Might have been somebody with an agenda, or maybe someone who's never played the game."

HaHa, tell it like it is Clay.

Near the end Dan referenced FU having to play a player at a position at the last minute on special teams that had never played there before due to a Covid issue with the starter.

Clay responded that we were going to play no matter what adversity happened. "Our players wanted to play."
That was a very subtle but clear shot at the wimps from Woffy and Chatty.

I think CH thinks we're going to have a good team this year but can't quite come out and say it because of what happened in the Spring. That's O.K. Just prove it on the field.

Can't wait till 9/4!

Million $$$ donation!! Wow! I don't think that would have happened with just any coach at FU.
AstroDin, din23 liked this
 #42091  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:54 pm
Million $$$ donation!! Wow! I don't think that would have happened with just any coach at FU.
[/quote]

…..and thats the third time it has happened since he has been coach.
 #42093  by AstroDin
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:22 pm
I agree - I think Clay feels like this is a very good team.

Loved Clay's comment about Ryan Miller being good enough to be an all-American but not good enough to be all SoCon. I also think as fans we overlook some things cause there not sexy. Clay obviously is impressed with Dominic Roberto. He went as far as to bring up Jerome Felton. We have some weapons in the backfield.

Excited to see this season get started.
 #42094  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:02 am
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:22 pm
I agree - I think Clay feels like this is a very good team.

Loved Clay's comment about Ryan Miller being good enough to be an all-American but not good enough to be all SoCon. I also think as fans we overlook some things cause there not sexy. Clay obviously is impressed with Dominic Roberto. He went as far as to bring up Jerome Felton. We have some weapons in the backfield.

Excited to see this season get started.
Weapons are useless if the OL doesn’t do their job. Let’s hope that area is much better. Very excited for 9/4.
 #42150  by apaladin
 Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:16 pm
For those that have not watched the podcast. The QB position is settled. This is Hamp Sissons team for the foreseeable future. CCH made that pretty clear. Let’s just hope he has made great strides in the last 3 months and the same goes for the OL.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by The Jackal

Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:08 am

User avatar Paladins notes

by Davemeister

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:52 am

Default Avatar Comparison. Gofurman ? Realistic ?

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:17 am

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:51 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.