• Transfer Portal (Furman and Others of Note)

#83051  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:38 am
FUBear preaching about who does and doesn't get to represent Furman while his avatar includes both a Paladin and a Mercer bear is some next-level cognitive dissonance. :lol:
Ahh…Double-D…let FUBeAR provide some fatherly guidance to you in your orphanhood. Being raised by a tribe of Mandolorian warriors, undoubtedly, does not provide one with the best ability to discern the quality of nuance.

1) FUBeAR is not “preaching,” as FUBeAR has explicitly said on a number of occasions that ain’t nobody gotta think like FUBeAR. There is no attempt at conversion. If you want to pretend Tyler Huff is wearing purple & white next season while he’s QB’ing wearing the lime-ish green and orange of FAMU, have at it! FUBeAR don’t play that, but you are free to enjoy your happy delusion(s).

2) FUBeAR ain’t decidin’ “who does and doesn’t get to represent Furman” (Football). That is clearly by mutual choice of HCCH, VPADJD, PED, and each individual Player. If any one of those decides that a current Player will not represent Furman Football, then they won’t. FUBeAR ain’t got nuttin’ to do wit it.

3) FUBeAR is a Furman Alum and a Furman Football Alum. FUBeAR has been a fan/supporter of Furman Football since 1977. Thus FUBeAR enjoys representing Furman / Furman Football via his avatar and with how he deploys his limited talents, time, and treasure.

4) FUBeAR’s DNA spent about 6 recent years attending, playing Football for, graduating from, and being employed by Mercer University. FUBeAR, his ownself, founded, organized, and led the Mercer Football Families Group from 2012-2016. Through this ‘engagement,’ FUBeAR came to know and to greatly respect many of those involved with the Mercer / Mercer Football Family, from the President of Mercer University through the Dean of the Business School, the Head of Development, the AD, the Head of Alumni…etc., etc., etc. Each of those individuals has treated the entire FUBeAR Family like gold from Day1 through this day. And, they have absolute understanding and respect for FUBeAR’s avowal that Furman Football is his 1st love and will always take precedence over Mercer Football. They don’t like it, but they have each expressed and/or shown respect for FUBeAR’s position. FUBeAR is a fan of Mercer University & Mercer Football so he chooses to represent that fanhood with his inclusion of a bear being ridden by a Furman Knight in his avatar. Without conflict, one can love filet mignon and also have an unabiding fondness for prime rib.

So…Mando…FUBeAR hopes this helps you resolve whatever cognitive dissonance you were experiencing. We need you to keep your helmet squarely upon your noggin’
Last edited by FUBeAR on Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #83052  by palafan
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:12 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:02 am
'Din Djarin wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:38 am
FUBear preaching about who does and doesn't get to represent Furman while his avatar includes both a Paladin and a Mercer bear is some next-level cognitive dissonance. :lol:
Ahh…DD…let FUBeAR provide some fatherly guidance to you in your orphanhood. Being raised by a tribe of Mandolorian warriors, undoubtedly, does not provide one with the best ability to discern the quality of nuance.

1) FUBeAR is not “preaching,” as FUBeAR has explicitly said on a number of occasions that ain’t nobody gotta think like FUBeAR. There is no attempt at conversion. If you want to pretend Tyler Huff is wearing purple & white next season while he’s QB’ing wearing the lime-ish green and orange of FAMU, have at it! FUBeAR don’t play that, but you are free to enjoy your happy delusion(s).

2) FUBeAR ain’t decidin’ “who does and doesn’t get to represent Furman” (Football). That is clearly by mutual choice of HCCH, VPADJD, PED, and each individual Player. If any one of those decides that a current Player will not represent Furman Football, then they won’t. FUBeAR ain’t got nuttin’ to do wit it.

3) FUBeAR is a Furman Alum and a Furman Football Alum. FUBeAR has been a fan/supporter of Furman Football since 1977. Thus FUBeAR enjoys representing Furman / Furman Football via his avatar and with how he deploys his limited talents, time, and treasure.

4) FUBeAR’s DNA spent about 6 recent years attending, playing Football for, graduating from, and being employed by Mercer University. FUBeAR, hisself, founded, organized, and led the Mercer Football Families Group from 2012-2016. Through this ‘engagement,’ FUBeAR came to know and to greatly respect many of those involved with the Mercer / Mercer Football Family, from the President of Mercer University through the Dean of the Business School, the Head of Development, the AD, the Head of Alumni…etc., etc., etc. Each of those individuals have treated the entire FUBeAR Family like gold from Day1 through this day. And, they have absolute understanding and respect for FUBeAR’s avowal that Furman Football is his 1st love and will always take precedence over Mercer Football. They don’t like it, but they have each said and/or shown respect for FUBeAR’s position. FUBeAR is a fan of Mercer University & Mercer Football so he chooses to represent that fanhood with his inclusion of a bear being ridden by a Furman Knight in his avatar. Without conflict, one can love filet mignon and also have an unabiding fondness for prime rib.

So…Mando…FUBeAR hopes this helps you resolve whatever cognitive dissonance you were experiencing. We need you to keep your helmet squarely upon your noggin’
I feel the pain. I went to Mercer Law after Furman. Go Paladins!
FUBeAR liked this
 #83056  by FUwolfpacker
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:45 am
In an effort to turn discussion away from between poster bickering...

I think it's a good indication of the talent evaluation and development of the people at Furman where guys like Toomey, Barton, and Robinson are getting P5 offers. It wasn't that long ago where FU transfers would be lucky to get an offer from CCU. Now they're getting offers from places like TAMU, Pitt, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest.

In an effort to put a positive spin on it, if you're worried about the guys leaving, remember the same people that found and developed these guys, are the same ones that found and have been developing the guys that are going to be playing next year.
FUBeAR, gman84, dornb and 4 others liked this
 #83057  by FUwolfpacker
gofurman wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:40 am
can anyone help with others on fellow Socon teams that are leaving?

Anyone new that has announced for the Portal - especially at WCU, UTC, Samford and Mercer in the last few days
I added a WR from Western yesterday. I believe his last name was Horne.
 #83058  by Thorny
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:21 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:FUBear preaching about who does and doesn't get to represent Furman while his avatar includes both a Paladin and a Mercer bear is some next-level cognitive dissonance. :lol:
And On Any Given Saturday FUBear's avatar is a Griz helmet!! We may never know who FUBear truly speaks for! Be honest with us FUBEAR, what colors were you wearing last Friday night?

/Joke
'Din Djarin liked this
 #83059  by Davemeister
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:38 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
In an effort to put a positive spin on it, if you're worried about the guys leaving, remember the same people that found and developed these guys, are the same ones that found and have been developing the guys that are going to be playing next year.

True. It took 5-6 years to develop the players who are departing. They will not be replaced overnight.
FUBeAR liked this
 #83063  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:49 pm
Thorny wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:21 pm
'Din Djarin wrote:FUBear preaching about who does and doesn't get to represent Furman while his avatar includes both a Paladin and a Mercer bear is some next-level cognitive dissonance. :lol:
And On Any Given Saturday FUBear's avatar is a Griz helmet!! We may never know who FUBear truly speaks for! Be honest with us FUBEAR, what colors were you wearing last Friday night?

/Joke
LOL - FUBeAR professed his allegiance to the Griz (throughout the remainder of their participation in this year’s FCS Playoffs) on AGS a day or so after the game. FUBeAR thought he would enjoy posing as a Montana Fan for a week (or more) and posting there while adopting some of their false bravado, outlandish subjective claims, and other pure homerism idiocies … but … he hasn’t really felt up to doing so … outside of 1 post … which was a heavily edited recycle of a post made here.

That avatar will be replaced as soon as they lose or win it all. Either way, FUBeAR’s posing as a Griz fan is a limited time opportunity.
 #83069  by gofurman
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:41 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:07 pm
I didn’t want to clutter up the recruiting thread, so I thought I’d create a thread for all the portal activity.

I have no inside info, but I’d be surprised if we didn’t see at least a few guys transfer out of Furman (grad transfer or otherwise). Hopefully it’s minimal like the last couple of years.

Other SoCon Transfers of Note

Furman:
CB Micah Robinson
DE Jack Barton
BAN Luke Clark
P Ryan Leavy
CB Ivan Yates
LS Julian Ashby - Vanderbilt

Offense
QB Tyler Huff
TE Pline - NFL graduate
OL Pearson Toomey
C Wyatt Hughes
Roberto - graduate?
Receiver number 12 from MTSU Shiflett - graduate ?

WCU:
RB Desmond Reid
S Andres Keaton
WR Censere Lee
LB Giovanni Ricciardi
WR Cade Snotherly
OL Hudson Jones
WR Terrance Horne

Samford:
OL Jabari Brooks - Committed to UCF
RB/WR Jocquet Jiles
RB John Collins
LB Josiah Cotton
DE Kobe Stewart
DB Avery Hughes

Wofford:
LB Eli Purcell
TE Bryce Dickerson
ATH Chase Soper
S John DiRoberto
LB David Powers

Mercer:
WR Zay Brantley
OL Jose Gonzalez
S Josh Pickett
QB Carter Peavy
OL Riley Bell
QB Drew Moore

Chattanooga:
DL Nick Charles
OL Jeremiah Katt
TE Camden Overton

The Citadel:
DB Dominick Poole
QB Ryan Skinner

ETSU:
OL Will Flowers
QB Tyler Riddell

VMI:
Too many to count
Help me please. Also with ANY key graduates or completions.

Example. Ailym Ford is done (sad about the injury) at UTC.

Like is Jay Person done or gone (please I hope so ( graduated at utc?? They weren’t near the front 7 without him.

What about Harper or James at Mercer?

I guess the WCU QB is staying put?

Has Heirs used his eligibility at Samford?
Last edited by gofurman on Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #83070  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:58 pm
gofurman wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:41 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:07 pm
I didn’t want to clutter up the recruiting thread, so I thought I’d create a thread for all the portal activity.

I have no inside info, but I’d be surprised if we didn’t see at least a few guys transfer out of Furman (grad transfer or otherwise). Hopefully it’s minimal like the last couple of years.

Other SoCon Transfers of Note

Furman:
CB Micah Robinson
DE Jack Barton
BAN Luke Clark
P Ryan Leavy
CB Ivan Yates
LS Julian Ashby - Vanderbilt

Offense
QB Tyler Huff
TE (NFL?) Pline
OL Pearson Toomey
C Wyatt Hughes
Roberto - graduate?
Receiver number 12 from MTSU graduate ?

WCU:
RB Desmond Reid
S Andres Keaton
WR Censere Lee
LB Giovanni Ricciardi
WR Cade Snotherly
OL Hudson Jones
WR Terrance Horne

Samford:
OL Jabari Brooks - Committed to UCF
RB/WR Jocquet Jiles
RB John Collins
LB Josiah Cotton
DE Kobe Stewart
DB Avery Hughes

Wofford:
LB Eli Purcell
TE Bryce Dickerson
ATH Chase Soper
S John DiRoberto
LB David Powers

Mercer:
WR Zay Brantley
OL Jose Gonzalez
S Josh Pickett
QB Carter Peavy
OL Riley Bell
QB Drew Moore

Chattanooga:
DL Nick Charles
OL Jeremiah Katt
TE Camden Overton

The Citadel:
DB Dominick Poole
QB Ryan Skinner

ETSU:
OL Will Flowers
QB Tyler Riddell

VMI:
Too many to count
Help me please. Also with ANY key graduates or completions.

Example. Ailym Ford is done (sad about the injury) at UTC.

Like is Jay Person done or gone (please I hope so ( graduated at utc?? They weren’t near the front 7 without him.

What about Harper or James at Mercer?

I guess the WCU QB is staying put?

Has Heirs used his eligibility at Samford?
The post quoting on this is weird… but…. anyway…

Pline, Roberto, and Shiflett have completed their NCAA eligibility. FUBeAR is almost certain … let’s say 99.99% certain
 #83090  by AllTimeFU
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:46 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
In an effort to turn discussion away from between poster bickering...

I think it's a good indication of the talent evaluation and development of the people at Furman where guys like Toomey, Barton, and Robinson are getting P5 offers. It wasn't that long ago where FU transfers would be lucky to get an offer from CCU. Now they're getting offers from places like TAMU, Pitt, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest.

Next men up!
 #83123  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 pm
Looks like we are going to go from one of the oldest, most experienced teams to one of the youngest most inexperienced teams in the country.
My guess is we’ll have a lot of third or fourth year players who’ve played a lot of football getting the opportunity to start.

They may not be household names, but they aren’t newbies.

Recent Topics

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:10 am

User avatar Changing times ...

by apaladin

Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:18 am

User avatar Allie Buchalski Comes Up Short

by Flagman

Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:16 am

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:11 pm

User avatar Jennings Advances

by Flagman

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.