• Furman at Mississippi Negative Nancy

#88012  by cavedweller2
 Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:40 pm
You should sing “Jolene” to Madine and substitute Madine for Jolene in the lyrics. Possums like to hear their names in song.
 #88013  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:15 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:40 pm
You should sing “Jolene” to Madine and substitute Madine for Jolene in the lyrics. Possums like to hear their names in song.
Know it’s know possi, but it seems to FUBeAR that the plural of possum is possum. Kinda like deer. No?

That said, the tune of Jolene is quite a siren song for any possum.
 #88014  by cavedweller2
 Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:19 pm
No. The plural of possum is possums. That’s just the way the term evolved from the Cherokee. They are a marsupial. Marsupials is the plural of marsupial so it stands to reason that possums would be the plural of possum. That’s how I remember Dr. Buford explaining it.
 #88020  by FUTex
 Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:18 am
So, I sang Madine the song "Jolene", substituting in her name for Jolene. She did like it, but the lyrics didn't fit. Mostly because Madine really has no chance of taking my man just because she can. Then, I tried to rewrite the lyrics to fit the situation, but nothing really rhymes with "vomit" that I could fit into my new libretto.

I'm thinking of launching Madine with a trebuchet. I have a friend who has one (he really does) and he thinks he can hurl Madine over 200 yards. In my book, that would build one powerful mojo.
 #88022  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:21 am
FUTex wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:18 am
So, I sang Madine the song "Jolene", substituting in her name for Jolene. She did like it, but the lyrics didn't fit. Mostly because Madine really has no chance of taking my man just because she can. Then, I tried to rewrite the lyrics to fit the situation, but nothing really rhymes with "vomit" that I could fit into my new libretto.

I'm thinking of launching Madine with a trebuchet. I have a friend who has one (he really does) and he thinks he can hurl Madine over 200 yards. In my book, that would build one powerful mojo.
Indeed…

#88071  by FUTex
 Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:58 pm
The launch date for the possum is set for August 24. Oh, it happening.

FAMNN BATT CCLOT
 #88155  by FUTex
 Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:35 am
Quick update - My friend who owns the trebuchet has a new estimate - 80 yards. He also said I couldn't film it, because he's pretty sure its against the law to hurl a live animal with a medieval siege weapon.

Madine is happy as a clam. She lives in my backyard. I haven't fed her any vomit yet, but I'm confident we can produce some high quality regurgetants a week or so prior to the August 24 launch date.
 #88177  by FUTex
 Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:26 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:54 pm
Much is riding on Madine. She alone holds the power to change the landscape of College Football on August 31.
You are, fortunately or unfortunately, oh so correct. The cornerstone of our mojo build is launching Madine, a vomit-eatin' possum, with a trebuchet. I'm thinking if she goes 80 yards and you guys add what mojo you can muster, we're sure to emerge victorious over those Mississippi boys.
 #88180  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:37 pm
FUTex wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:26 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:54 pm
Much is riding on Madine. She alone holds the power to change the landscape of College Football on August 31.
You are, fortunately or unfortunately, oh so correct. The cornerstone of our mojo build is launching Madine, a vomit-eatin' possum, with a trebuchet. I'm thinking if she goes 80 yards and you guys add what mojo you can muster, we're sure to emerge victorious over those Mississippi boys.
Is hangtime or accuracy important to mojo success or strictly a distance goal?
 #88188  by FUTex
 Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:11 am
Distance and Altitude are the two main factors, I would think. We want the altitude so the possum impacts the earth (thanks gravity!) at a neat acceleration of 32 feet per second per second. Yes, I know we will never hit terminal velocity, but I estimate we will get a good thump with a hearty bounce.

Hangtime is cool, we all agree, but is only useful if we use a possum as a football in a game. As it is, NCAA rules prohibit the use of possums during the game. And, that seems to go for padding and equipment too. Its a stupid rule.

Accuracy is not a factor. The possums don't seem to care, so why should we.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar 2024 Football Schedule - unofficial

by apaladin

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:57 pm

Default Avatar SOCON FUTURE PRO GAMES

by Affirm

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:55 pm

User avatar Finally it is over!

by sluggo

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Default Avatar Preseason '24

by The Jackal

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:50 am

User avatar Say Hey Kid RIP

by apaladin

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:48 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.