• FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

#91047  by Sad Din
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:10 pm
with 120 yds penalty, missing star player, frosh QB , no running game, poor kicking game, its a miracle they r still in it
 #91048  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:11 pm
Sad Din wrote:
with 120 yds penalty, missing star player, frosh QB , no running game, poor kicking game, its a miracle they r still in it
On the road, too. Against a top 15 team.
 #91050  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:14 pm
Sad Din wrote:
…..and coaches screwed it up and cost the win.
 #91051  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:16 pm
Has to be the worst coached game I have seen in the CCH era. They need ti get much better.
 #91053  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:16 pm
Has to be the worst coached game I have seen in the CCH era. They need ti get much better.
What are your issues with coaching?

I realize you are going to complain about anything. You can't complain about the pass defense today, so what did the coaches do that bothered you so badly?
 #91056  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:26 pm
Paladin83 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:21 pm
Well, at least we have VMI on schedule so I feel good about a 2 win season…
We'll win more than that.

This is probably going to end up like our 2021 season. We'll finish above .500 and build for the future.

2021 wasn't sexy, but you probably don't have the 2023 team without the 2021 team taking some lumps.
 #91057  by gofurman
jesse174 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:13 pm
if we could just stop the run...amazing
positive. And here’s a positive. Played with a top 15 on road with a TRUR FR QB. HIS FIRST ROAD START!! Vs. A senior qb. and vs a super senior team

Then I heard - just got on radio - they had 384 yards rushing and we had EIGHTY EIGHTY. Wow. When is the last time a team had THREE HUNDRED MORE rushing yards than us?? Not 300. But 300 MORE

And I think Harris may be out more weeks. :shock:

That’s one of the stats. In our game notes - when wa Athena last time? A team had 200. 300 yards rushing. Geez. HAVE TO RUN SOME. AND STOP THE RUN. :o

I realize I’m gonna have to adjust but as a Furman guy I’ve been raised by our coaches on RUN. AND STOP THE RUN

Sounds like WM can obviously convert third downs because they could RUN. Again hearing the post game and late 4th quarter on radio.
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #91058  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:32 pm
gofurman wrote:
jesse174 wrote:
I WAS positive. Then I heard - just got on radio - they had 384 yards rushing and we had EIGHTY EIGHTY. Wow. When is the last time a team had THREE HUNDRED MORE rushing yards than us??

And I think Harris may be out more weeks
My view of our rushing game is that Hicks and Robinson are better suited to a power scheme. They, like Abrams, Roberto, Wynn, etc., were not really recruited for this zone scheme in Roper's offense. They do better getting north south.

Later in the game, and on the touchdown runs, we started to run them between the tackles. They started to have more success.

I'm not sure we expected Furman to struggle running the ball. Passing game is fine. Protection is fine. We've just gotta start getting some yards on the ground.
 #91059  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
jesse174 wrote:
I WAS positive. Then I heard - just got on radio - they had 384 yards rushing and we had EIGHTY EIGHTY. Wow. When is the last time a team had THREE HUNDRED MORE rushing yards than us??

My view of our rushing game is that Hicks and Robinson are better suited to a power scheme. They, like Abrams, Roberto, Wynn, etc., were not really recruited for this zone scheme in Roper's offense. They do better getting north south.

Later in the game, and on the touchdown runs, we started to run them between the tackles. They started to have more success.

I'm not sure we expected Furman to struggle running the ball. Passing game is fine. Protection is fine. We've just gotta start getting some yards on the ground.
Jackal thanks. Appreciate the help analysis sir
 #91060  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:47 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:37 pm
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
jesse174 wrote:

Jackal thanks. Appreciate the help analysis sir

Bronson Yoder is one of the best backs in the FCS. They have a big veteran offensive line headlined by an NFL prospect. He was going to get his yards.

The guy we struggled with was the QB. He reminded me of Tyrie Adams, the QB for Western Carolina a few seasons back - a guy you simply could not afford to let get out of the pocket.

At bottom, W&M is where we were last year. They are loaded with veterans and have some excellent players on offense. They were just a bit too much for us tonight. We had our shots, just didn't finish.
FU3 liked this
 #91061  by FurmAlum
 Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:48 pm
Convert that last drive into a TD where we kicked the field goal and I think we win. We were competitive against a top 12 team on the road with a true freshman QB. I see a lot of positives. Young team, doesn't know how to win yet but getting better every week. We'll win more than we lose in the SoCon.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:24 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.