• CSU game.

#90317  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:38 am
Of course you still have to wonder if the change at QB was the right move. Completely understand the reason but do we have 4 turnovers with CJ in the game? The turnovers were the reason we lost. I expect the plan is to stay with Hedden so looking forward to seeing what he can do. Of course the OL has to help him. I am sure we will drop out of the polls this week as we should.
 #90318  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:41 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:38 am
Of course you still have to wonder if the change at QB was the right move. Completely understand the reason but do we have 4 turnovers with CJ in the game? The turnovers were the reason we lost. I expect the plan is to stay with Hedden so looking forward to seeing what he can do. Of course the OL has to help him. I am sure we will drop out of the polls this week as we should.
Probably not, but if you are going to make the change, you almost just have to stick with Hedden.

Playing a freshman QB, even a talented one, is going to give you days like Saturday. When Darren Grainger was a freshman in 2019, he had some outstanding games and some absolutely terrible games. That's what you sign up for.

But, if he's your guy and the guy you think is your best shot to win this year, then you might as well play him now and get on the job training before you reach conference play.
 #90516  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:15 am
Dang…those peeps down ChuckTown way won’t move on. They’re still tryna smash Paladins… ;)

That’s a M109 Paladin Howitzer tank…

NSFW language warning…
 #90614  by furmandad
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:33 pm
Sorry, didn’t want to start another thread, and quite frankly I’m not sure what these comparative scores mean. Last week Wofford beat Richmond 26-19. Richmond beat Charleston Southern today 38-0.
 #90615  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:36 pm
furmandad wrote:
Sorry, didn’t want to start another thread, and quite frankly I’m not sure what these comparative scores mean. Last week Wofford beat Richmond 26-19. Richmond beat Charleston Southern today 38-0.
Early season. Opponents not really familiar with one another. Who knows.

I don't read much into it beyond Wofford not being as bad as they were last season. If we don't turn it over 4 times, we beat Charleston Southern.
 #90619  by Paul C
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:45 pm
furmandad wrote:
Follow me closely here.

Richmond was -4 in turnovers vs Wofford
Furman was -4 in turnovers vs Chas So
Chas So was -3 in turnovers vs Richmond.

Adjust for those 11 turnovers and maybe you have something.
 #90652  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:21 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:36 pm
furmandad wrote:
Early season. Opponents not really familiar with one another. Who knows.

I don't read much into it beyond Wofford not being as bad as they were last season. If we don't turn it over 4 times, we beat Charleston Southern.
Agree. Wofford appears to have improved. I could honestly see us having a similar path this year (hopefully better but a little rough and improving towards years end ) as Woff did last year. They improved towards end of year last year. Especially with us having a true freshman qb and freshman center. Just tough.

I’ll post in upcoming game thread but I don’t think bill and Mary is easy having gone in and beat Wofford today on road. We will be an FCS underdog for first time this year