• Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

#90386  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:36 pm
My - granted, probably dumb - rules.

Who is closest to the ACTUAL SCORE?

Example. Must Give me score of both teams
Say the real score is Furman 40, Stetson 20

One guy says I guess Furman 40 and Stetson 10.
Guy two guesses Furman 37 and Stetson 17. Guy TWO wins as his combined miss was by 6 points (off 3 on Furman and off 3 on Stetson). Despite guy one impressively hitting the Furman score exact his total “miss margin” was by 10 as he was off 10 on Stetson

I’ll start with a guess of Furman 40. Stetson 20. Giving them credit for having a passing game that will score some

What do you all say? Let’s see who gets closest !
 #90432  by DoomedDin1127
 Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:13 am
The coked up, frustrated paladins will skull drag the hatters 77-0. These boys are on a vengeance tour. I'd hate to be anything related to a hat by 2pm on Saturday.

Dins (almost literally) by 90.
 #90441  by gofurman
 Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:18 pm
SidBreamScores wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:14 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:11 pm
SidBreamScores wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2024 4:09 pm
Furman 31

Stetson 4
Good to see SidBream scoring again
Thank you.

I used a calculator and then CONFIRMED it with a Magic Eight Ball.

So … yeah, pay me my money.
calculator.. eh, MAGIC EIGHT BALL is a LOCK !
 #90492  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:47 pm
greenvegas wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:13 pm
In a frog strangler rain..... Furman 17 - Stetson 14.
Frog strangler not happening, rain chances during game between 31 and 48%. Of taken with a grain of salt as it will change a dozen times between now and kickoff.
 #90504  by The Jackal
 Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:54 pm
Stetson does not appear to list a depth chart, so I went and watched a bit of their Warner game.

Defensively, they are in a 3 man front. They started off with 5 DBs on the field off the jump, so their base defense looks something between a 3-4 and 3-3-5. Given their roster, I would call it maybe 3 DL, 3 LBs, and 3 safeties.

Their defense has a couple of guys that look like they are SoCon players. The DE (#5) is listed at 6'4 287. Their MLB (#11) is 6'2 226.

As you might expect, up front a lot of their guys are sort of "tweeners" - They may have length but not weight, or weight but not length.

Offensively, they run out of the spread in what I would call an "air raid." They truly try to spread you out, with wide splits between the offensive linemen, and wide receivers split out from numbers to numbers. Even the backs will often set up spread out from the QB. They are going to try to have you defend all of the horizontal and vertical space on the field.

The QB, Meitz (#9) is listed at 6'1 185. He's got a decent arm, but seems to telegraph where he wants to throw it. Warner was able to jump some of their receivers routes. They also got pretty good pressure on him just rushing four.

A few takeaways:

1. I think Furman is going to have the better athletes, particularly defensively. Stetson's offense at times struggled against a defense that isn't near the quality of ours.

Our DBs are going to have to come up and play physical on the edges. We'll get pressure on the QB, so I suspect they'll be trying to get the ball horizontal quickly.

2. We're going to have to run the ball. Stetson's defense has a couple of dudes on it that play hard. We should have size and speed advantage up front.

My general read is that Stetson almost prefers for you to try to spread them out so they can use their three safety look to drop guys in and out of coverages to create unique looks. Warner tried to combat that by brining multiple TEs and playing tighter sets (what Hendrix might call "playing in a phone booth"). This put Stetson in more of a traditional 3-4 look and took away some of their blitz packages.

At bottom, they are one of these spread teams that likes playing in space on both sides of the ball. I think Furman is going to want to force them to play hard nosed football between the tackles.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by The Jackal

Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:08 am

User avatar Paladins notes

by Davemeister

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:52 am

Default Avatar Comparison. Gofurman ? Realistic ?

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:38 am

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:17 am

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:51 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.