• AP and GF were right.

#90239  by Paul C
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:06 pm
Congrats guys, we suck.

Playing for next year. Hope we see some glimmers of hope as the season progresses.

That display tonite was gross.
 #90244  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:02 pm
Paul, I take no pride in that. I think you misread me. Actually we are great friends so no need to get mad at me and roll “Congrats guys, we suck”. I’m as or more mad than ANYONE - believe me!

It’s a shittttte loss though, ESPECIALLY because that was a chippy CRAPPY AZZ team with dirty taunting and personal fouls - VERY VERY DIRTY and taunting. I have a new FCS team to hate. C S U

I will say that I do think the pure optimism here is tough at times. But that’s ok. Everyone is their own person. . Six returning guys. Multiple preseason injuries. Several injuries in DB area. Even if not a returning starter - the new guy isn’t a senior. Not negative. Just a LOT to overcome.

Now I WILL say.. a lot of people brag heavily on our recruiting…. Well if those are top 10 recruits… who does the blame fall on since that’s an Uber talented group we have out there?? Have to be coaches. No where else to look. And that 2 point allowance is coaching. We were not prepared.
Choir Boy liked this
 #90251  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:53 am
Not happy at all. It was just not reasonable to believe we were a top 25 team and a playoff team with almost a completely new team and most of them had not played meaningful snaps in college. CCH said that. Losing sucks bigtime!
 #90256  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:14 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:53 am
Not happy at all. It was just not reasonable to believe we were a top 25 team and a playoff team with almost a completely new team and most of them had not played meaningful snaps in college. CCH said that. Losing sucks bigtime!

Right on. CCH AGREED WITH US . Many here kept arguing and I’m thinking CCH himself said in an interview (paraphrase!) how youthful we were so far and that it was going to tough. But people here knew better than our coach I guess. Which can be true. Coaches aren’t perfect. But I generally respect our coaches and when CCH says our guys are “youthful” or some such I had a feeling there were some real bumps coming.

Anyway, I’ll offer a big kudo. Our defense and especially front 7 did great work
 #90295  by FUATT
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:06 pm
I am not sure I thought we were a top 25 playoff team but I did not see us losing to Charleston Southern.
gofurman liked this
 #90337  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:44 am
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:27 am
Good thread. Glad to see AP and GF getting some luv.
Not sure if you are tongue in cheek, but again you particularly KNOW I want nothing but the best for FU Football !!

Dave, Unfortunately, our jinx-worthy question didn't work last week... Not sure why . Probably my fault as usual - I probably phrased the answer the wrong. :D :D :D Let's try again this week back to basic wording (meaning my answer

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by greenvegas

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:27 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.