• CSU game.

#90263  by tim
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:52 am
On the bright side, we almost got an FCS win with a true Freshman QB. Should have won according to the stats. Didn't get the points when we were close, simple as that, fumble deep in their territory and fg doinks off the uprights. The 2 long passes they got didn't look like blown coverage. Don't know why we suddenly couldn't run after running well in the first half. It will get better
Choir Boy liked this
 #90265  by AllTimeFU
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:09 am
I agree and anticipate us moving some OL around. I could see 51 moved to LT. 72 moved to LG and 61 at C. We have some work to do to find the right combination on the OL. “As-is” ain’t cutting it.
 #90274  by jesse174
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:23 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:59 am
Where are all the comments and posts ??? Seriously, it’s fair weather to not say anything unless it’s an impressive win. Gotta be here in goid times and bad.
Seems like a negative or critical post is attacked by some of the guys that don't like anything that hurts the teams or coaches feelings..this is a place where you should be able to air out your grievances and disappointments and sometimes come up with good suggestions...so what happens is these guys stay away and let the sunshine guys dominate the posts with excuses..
 #90276  by gman84
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:45 pm
jesse174 wrote:
gofurman wrote:

Where are all the comments and posts ??? Seriously, it’s fair weather to not say anything unless it’s an :Dimpressive win. Gotta be here in goid times and bad.
Seems like a negative or critical post is attacked by some of the guys that don't like anything that hurts the teams or coaches feelings..this is a place where you should be able to air out your grievances and disappointments and sometimes come up with good suggestions...so what happens is these guys stay away and let the sunshine guys dominate the posts with excuses..
No problem here with folks who want to be critical in the good and bad times. But calling people out @ 1:00 am….. I’m sleeping. Good for your health.
 #90277  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:56 pm
jesse174 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Where are all the comments and posts ??? Seriously, it’s fair weather to not say anything unless it’s an impressive win. Gotta be here in goid times and bad.
You can have whatever opinion you want.

I push back on the “sky is falling” posts that happen on this forum every. Single. Year. If it’s not our youth, it’s our pass defense, or soft zone coverage, or offensive line blocking, or receiver talent, or the lighting, or the uniforms, or QB depth, or play calling, or whatever.

You see what you want to see. If you want to see a young team that got exposed, you’ll see it. If you want to see a talented team that has to learn to play together, you’ll see it.

I support the team. If I was as miserable watching Furman football as some of you are, I’d go find another hobby.

Furman football is nothing more than a long story that unfolds every year. Sometimes you gotta play some young kids, take lumps, and let those guys learn how to win. Games like this suck, but they’ll make us better. We’ve got an excellent coaching staff and talented players. Let them fix it.
Paladin82, Bootie liked this
 #90291  by Harbinger
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:16 pm
I-85 Paladin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:34 pm
Pretty tough to watch. I didn't mind the payday game last week but we got a lot of work to do whether we win this game or not. Secondary is a bit suspect but offense has no flow. Feels like they are just running plays and hoping something works.
My son and I traveled to Oxford to see the game - awesome atmosphere, by the way - but we had plenty of time to discuss and reflect on so-called 'money games' on the 9 hour drive back. I know they aren't always as bad as this one and I don't know how much we got for it but after that I'm not sure any amount would be worth it. Just demoralizing at the highest level. At least MTSU was beaten pretty bad and they are FBS.
 #90292  by Harbinger
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:26 pm
tim wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:52 am
On the bright side, we almost got an FCS win with a true Freshman QB. Should have won according to the stats. Didn't get the points when we were close, simple as that, fumble deep in their territory and fg doinks off the uprights. The 2 long passes they got didn't look like blown coverage. Don't know why we suddenly couldn't run after running well in the first half. It will get better
I watched Devin Hodge at Samford as a true freshman and he was a difference maker.
 #90293  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:56 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:16 pm
I-85 Paladin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:34 pm
Pretty tough to watch. I didn't mind the payday game last week but we got a lot of work to do whether we win this game or not. Secondary is a bit suspect but offense has no flow. Feels like they are just running plays and hoping something works.
My son and I traveled to Oxford to see the game - awesome atmosphere, by the way - but we had plenty of time to discuss and reflect on so-called 'money games' on the 9 hour drive back. I know they aren't always as bad as this one and I don't know how much we got for it but after that I'm not sure any amount would be worth it. Just demoralizing at the highest level. At least MTSU was beaten pretty bad and they are FBS.
The money is definitely a necessity. That game was not the norm by any stretch. We’ve never had anything remotely close to that at least in the last 100 years.
 #90294  by FUATT
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:00 pm
FUAAT posted my thoughts in the "State of Furman Football" thread. If you have interest, seek and ye shall find.

As far as posts, FUATT got back to the AC Hotel downtown about 11p. Had a drink at the bar at Paloma with a family member. Attended church this morning, had lunch at the Mexican joint over across the Publix and then banged out my thoughts in the other thread sitting here in the Escape lounge at GSP waiting on a plane. FUATT has no apologies for the timeliness of his posting. :)

By the way the AC Hotel has square toilets and the one of the damndest things I have ever seen.
 #90308  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:36 pm
FUwolfpacker wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:35 am
gofurman wrote:
You posted this at 1 am. Maybe some people just wanted to go to bed and deal with it all the next day or later in the week. Not exactly fair for you to demand interaction because you think that’s what “good” fans should do. People will post if they want to in their time. That’s their right as much as it is your’s to post a bunch right after the game.

As to the game. I was there. It was ugly. The defense played well enough to win even if it wasn’t perfect. CSU had just over 250 yards of offense. Williams was there on both TDs, just didn’t make the play on their freshman all-american. (I think it was him on both).

We looked like what we are. A young team playing a true freshman QB who made a lot of mistakes. If Hedden is going to play that much, I would say just play him and take our lumps now, but not sure what they’re going to do after 4 turnovers.
FUwolfpacker, (first sorry about the Pack. I truly pull for them. ABC!!! though I may have bet on UT vs the Wolfpack “hypothetically “ 😀😀😀). That was a lock. UT, Ole Miss, Texas, Ohio State are in a a different league right now with NIL which stands for “now it’s Legal”. Ugh.

Sure. I agree TO A DEGREE. but if we beat Chattanooga at 9 pm many more people post. They do

PROOF ? A LOT still haven’t posted at all by Sunday night. 25 hours later. Many - I won’t name them - either posted once or NONE so far 24+ hours later. That’s FAIRWEATHER

They could at least give props to the DL or a couple individuals who played well. Heck despite - 4 turnovers. Many on our side of the field,, our D kept them to FGs and 24 points or whatever. Strong effort

I agree with you on Hedden though I hate that for seniors. Take lumps and development him may be thing to do but is rough if you came back as R-SR and now it looks like a true FR QB maybe 6-6 year at best …, :(
 #90309  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:46 pm
gman84 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:45 pm
jesse174 wrote:
gofurman wrote:

Where are all the comments and posts ??? Seriously, it’s fair weather to not say anything unless it’s an :Dimpressive win. Gotta be here in goid times and bad.
No problem here with folks who want to be critical in the good and bad times. But calling people out @ 1:00 am….. I’m sleeping. Good for your health.
Jesse. Right. Festivus. Lol. Air your grievances- especially when you’ve been told we are top 25 and have super talented guys just waiting to play. Wish we had 5 or 6 more guys return. RETURNING STARTERS MATTER. I’ll never hear otherwise again. Great Vegas article said the number ONE correlation to winning early games like September / October is returning starters and especially returning OL starters !!!

As for gman. I agree. Get the sleep. But interesting how many regular - nearly daily - posters still aren’t here 26 hours after our HOME OPENER !!!!!!!

And several have been. Paul. Jackal - lots of good posts. Jesse. Gman. Tex with his wisdom. But there are 5 or 6 who almost always post within 24 hours. What’s weird some of these guys really help - and they do help !!! - with recruits that won’t see the field for three years minimum. But they don’t say anything after a game which affects this year?

Anyway, agree with some. Maybe this is a year we take lumps and prepare for next year. Biggest concern is OL for me. I hope it’s coaching because you can’t change talent. And no offense can run without a LOS
Last edited by gofurman on Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #90310  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:57 pm
jesse174 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Ha. EXACTLY. If scholarship players and MORE SO …. a 400 k coach gets his feelings hurt then I don’t want him. and I love CCH. Seriously. But he’s getting paid the same salary as the U.S. FREAKIN PRESIDENT !!! IF I GET 400k you can talk about me all day and call me whatever you want. SERIOUSLY

MANY people have told me per DM how truly surprised they are at hiw defensive our board is as if the posters are incestously related to the coaches. 300 or 400k eliminates the buffer. You get that pay check and the buck stops with you
 #90314  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:12 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:56 pm
jesse174 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
You can have whatever opinion you want.

I push back on the “sky is falling” posts that happen on this forum every. Single. Year. If it’s not our youth, it’s our pass defense, or soft zone coverage, or offensive line blocking, or receiver talent, or the lighting, or the uniforms, or QB depth, or play calling, or whatever.

You see what you want to see. If you want to see a young team that got exposed, you’ll see it. If you want to see a talented team that has to learn to play together, you’ll see it.

I support the team. If I was as miserable watching Furman football as some of you are, I’d go find another hobby.

Furman football is nothing more than a long story that unfolds every year. Sometimes you gotta play some young kids, take lumps, and let those guys learn how to win. Games like this suck, but they’ll make us better. We’ve got an excellent coaching staff and talented players. Let them fix it.
I want to point this out. Some people used to say (ignorance) “America, love it or leave it”. The SMARTER people said “America, love it or improve it!”

Me personally, I am in no way miserable watching Furman football. Worst thing in that game. The taunting of the CSU azzhols. I LOVE Furman foitballl. Wouldn’t have 3700+ posts here otherwise :D :)

I freakin LOVE FURMAN FOOTBALL. losses like Montana and this stink. And maybe I need to just watch us try to improve this year. But I definitely don’t want another hobby

GoFurman - let’s get it going by SoCon season !!!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by Affirm

Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:10 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Default Avatar What do we know about our team

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:50 pm

Default Avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Default Avatar Furman v Stetson

by gofurman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.