• CSU game.

#90223  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:38 pm
At half.

Two big plays for them. Wel three. Guess where. VS our DBs. Just ABUSE. receiver took the ball above our DB. I don’t know why they don’t throw it deep more to be honest. I don’t think we can stop it unless we get to the QB.

and this is almost worse - letting them have a walk-in two point conversion!!! That’s bad coaching. Nothing else. Getting OUT COACHED. they saw a weakness in our lineup of point after. Looked at it first time. My group talked about it. It’s like they were testing us. Then second time WITH A GUY WHO MISSED AN XP SO WE SHOULD BE EXTRA READY for a fake as they would like him not to kick. We aren’t ready? That’s embarrassing.

Good - great pressure by DL to get in backfield. GREAT !! great blocking by our OL on many runs.

LOL - of course we are TWENTY point Vegas favorites. TWENTY. I’ll be shocked if that happens but hope we win. Go Paladins

The thing is I did my research. SC State ran all over Citadel and beat them. CSU couldn’t run on Citadel.

Severa people said the Charleston Southern U QB was average at best at Saint Francis. Yeah well he lit up Citadel. Our DL has kept him pedestrian but dam those deep balls are GREAT. Just killing us. I’ll say this. Jones had some great thrown on the TD drive. Strong. But as far as deep TD passes he isn’t yet with the SAINT FRANCIS boy. Those Td passes are beautiful and scare me
 #90224  by jesse174
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:43 pm
I wonder if we went to a tampa 2 zone if that would help our dbs..
 #90225  by furmandad
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:59 pm
GF, our backup FR QB Hedden was throwing those passes.
gofurman liked this
 #90226  by El Guapo
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:08 pm
What happened to Carson Jones? Is he hurt or just not playing well?
 #90227  by I-85 Paladin
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:34 pm
Pretty tough to watch. I didn't mind the payday game last week but we got a lot of work to do whether we win this game or not. Secondary is a bit suspect but offense has no flow. Feels like they are just running plays and hoping something works.
 #90235  by fu77fan
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:46 pm
Did Carson Jones get hurt or taken out due to his performance?
 #90236  by gman84
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:49 pm
If he got hurt, I didn’t see it. The offense needed a spark.
 #90245  by dornb
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:26 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Clay said in the post-game interview with David Cobb that he pulled Carson due to his poor performance.
 #90246  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:45 pm
dornb wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:26 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Clay said in the post-game interview with David Cobb that he pulled Carson due to his poor performance.
Good grief. Thanks.

More thoughts

Hope we can get better throughout year with coaching. I suspected CSU and many (my real worry) will just mix run and pass blitzes and put our youthful QB in a bad position behind bad OL play

Man we can’t throw an accurate deep pass for crap. All deep balls were 5 yards off. Can’t stretch field if they aren’t decent throws. Horrible horrendous deep throws

The OL is BAD. BAD. . Hope it’s just inexperience and not a talent deficit.

FOUR TURNOVERS.

Hope we improve as the season goes on.

GREAT DL play for most part. Want to congratulate them
 #90252  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:59 am
Where are all the comments and posts ??? Seriously, it’s fair weather to not say anything unless it’s an impressive win. Gotta be here in goid times and bad.
jesse174, 4273 liked this
 #90258  by FUTex
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:48 am
I saw every play of the CSU game and now have read every thread to bring myself up-to-date.

I'm not as pessimistic as you guys. I only saw a few things for the Paladins to work on... just a few minor details. Namely:

1-The Offense, as a whole, would benefit from non-spastic play. The entirety of it just looked sloppy. It looked like an orchestra where all the instruments were tuned to different scales.

2- The O Line would benefit from not spontaneously collapsing at random intervals.

And that completes my analysis of what happened on the field. It was a doo-doo.

Now I know AP hates it when I bring this up, but we simply have to take care of the transcendent metaphysical world first if we expect our boys to get it together on the field. To the point - Its obvious an evil portal has opened up somewhere and we need to close it.
Choir Boy, gofurman liked this
 #90259  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:02 am
FUTex wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:48 am
I saw every play of the CSU game and now have read every thread to bring myself up-to-date.

I'm not as pessimistic as you guys. I only saw a few things for the Paladins to work on... just a few minor details. Namely:

1-
  • The Offense, as a whole, would benefit from non-spastic play. The entirety of it just looked sloppy. It looked like an orchestra where all the instruments were tuned to different scales.

2- The O Line would benefit from not spontaneously collapsing at random intervals.

And that completes my analysis of what happened on the field. It was a doo-doo.

Now I know AP hates it when I bring this up, but we simply have to take care of the transcendent metaphysical world first if we expect our boys to get it together on the field. To the point - Its obvious an evil portal has opened up somewhere and we need to close it.
Can’t argue with Tex. I guess it’s that simple :mrgreen:
 #90260  by FUwolfpacker
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 7:35 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:59 am
Where are all the comments and posts ??? Seriously, it’s fair weather to not say anything unless it’s an impressive win. Gotta be here in goid times and bad.
You posted this at 1 am. Maybe some people just wanted to go to bed and deal with it all the next day or later in the week. Not exactly fair for you to demand interaction because you think that’s what “good” fans should do. People will post if they want to in their time. That’s their right as much as it is your’s to post a bunch right after the game.

As to the game. I was there. It was ugly. The defense played well enough to win even if it wasn’t perfect. CSU had just over 250 yards of offense. Williams was there on both TDs, just didn’t make the play on their freshman all-american. (I think it was him on both).

We looked like what we are. A young team playing a true freshman QB who made a lot of mistakes. If Hedden is going to play that much, I would say just play him and take our lumps now, but not sure what they’re going to do after 4 turnovers.
jesse174 liked this
 #90262  by gman84
 Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:52 am
It’s obvious that #8 can make it happen. However, we have to develop a run game or it won’t matter who is under center. Turnovers and penalties in the red zone killed us last night.

Recent Topics

User avatar Furman v Stetson

by Bootie

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:55 pm

User avatar POSTGAME PRESSER

by Flagman

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:51 pm

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:41 pm

User avatar QUESTION FOR DAN

by FU Hoopla

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Default Avatar Napier

by silentbob

Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.